Official 2023 Training Camp thread

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some fans have been infected by years of losing and can't help but perpetuate misery.

Is this particular missed call something to worry about? Hell no. Nothing in the preseason counts and small mistakes like OL drifting upfield on screens can be cleaned up.

What we're seeing is the potential of a young team coming together with spectacular results. You're doing the preseason wrong if you're not looking at positive flashes and projecting what we might see when games count.

It's fun watching Kyler Gordon knocking the crap out of WRs forcing multiple fumbles. Probably going to see that all season. Doesn't matter if the receiver is ruled down in the preseason. No need to scream at the TV. It also doesn't matter if a block in the back wasn't called on the DJ Moore screen. We can see he's capable of taking a WR screen to the house. That's what fucking matters.

Shed the PTSD and embrace your inner meatball.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Not trying to make this a study in minutia but he is and was on the PS last year and inactive for most games. The point was they tended to have only 2 active on game day.
they might of tended to only have 2 on game day and they might do that again. BUT the rules changed making it a better option to have 3 on the 53 so it will depend on how they all play if it makes it worth it

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I personally loved hearing all the old farts tell me all week that screens going for touchdowns mean less than bombs down the field for TDs.

I kept asking, is 6 points not 6 points?

It's the rushing td, throwing td, crap all over from last year.

I think too many people care about Madden and Fantasy Football, when all the team cares about is scoring points and trying to win games.
it only means less for evaluating the QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
they might of tended to only have 2 on game day and they might do that again. BUT the rules changed making it a better option to have 3 on the 53 so it will depend on how they all play if it makes it worth it
Actually, the opposite.

I now expect you to misinterpret the rule and send us off on another tangent that I will no longer follow.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Actually, the opposite.

I now expect you to misinterpret the rule and send us off on another tangent that I will no longer follow.
game day active is not the same as the 53 here let me help you (not being a smart ass they keep changing the rules and it gets confusing)

NFL owners approved a rule Monday that allows teams to designate an emergency quarterback on game day, a rule they revived after the San Francisco 49ers ran out of quarterbacks during their loss in the NFC Championship Game last season to the Philadelphia Eagles.

The rule applies only to quarterbacks who are on a team's 53-man roster. Practice squad players are not eligible to be emergency quarterbacks, not even if they are elevated for that week's game. But it allows a team to avoid counting the emergency quarterback as one of its active players on game day, a modest incentive for teams that otherwise would have chosen to go into a game with only two available quarterbacks.

so again the emergency qb has to be on the 53 but does not count against the 46 game day roster.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
game day active is not the same as the 53 here let me help you (not being a smart ass they keep changing the rules and it gets confusing)

NFL owners approved a rule Monday that allows teams to designate an emergency quarterback on game day, a rule they revived after the San Francisco 49ers ran out of quarterbacks during their loss in the NFC Championship Game last season to the Philadelphia Eagles.

The rule applies only to quarterbacks who are on a team's 53-man roster. Practice squad players are not eligible to be emergency quarterbacks, not even if they are elevated for that week's game. But it allows a team to avoid counting the emergency quarterback as one of its active players on game day, a modest incentive for teams that otherwise would have chosen to go into a game with only two available quarterbacks.

so again the emergency qb has to be on the 53 but does not count against the 46 game day roster.
same as last year. Done.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Can you please take this out of the training camp news thread?
no its literally about Bagent and if he will be on the 53 or PS the rules are specifically about that debate on how he is doing in TC and weather he makes the 53..

Can you please keep your complaints out of the training camp thread? you are really bogging things down with non football talk.. thanks

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
no its literally about Bagent and if he will be on the 53 or PS the rules are specifically about that debate on how he is doing in TC and weather he makes the 53..

Can you please keep your complaints out of the training camp thread? you are really bogging things down with non football talk.. thanks
How many posts does it take to figure it out though?

Wrap it up please. (Or start a thread about it)

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
How many posts does it take to figure it out though?

Wrap it up please. (Or start a thread about it)

a debate about the Bears back up QB? Unfortunately that's a never ender

But if you meant abut the new QB rule? then that seems to have already run its course.. that is unless do you have any emergence QB rules questions?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Stevenson was supposed to be a ball hawk?