Official 2023 Training Camp thread

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If your screen design gets your QB killed, you might want to change how you draw it up.

This was the same play I saw on Saturday. Then, I thought it was on Cody for a weak block.

Here, seeing it again, its as you guys said - its intentional, because Cody flat runs and doesn't even block the guy coming up the middle, which leaves the defender wide open to take a shot at Justin.

And I'm sorry - to all the "its called a screen idiot, der, you don't know football!" crowd - why is it when I see other teams run screens, they don't get their quarterback killed?

Like honest, its damn rare to see a screen that lets the defender straight up the middle - usually they let pressure in from between the guard and tackle, and in the cases of it being between the center and the guard, why isn't the design to have fields roll out some in the direction the play is going to keep the defender off of him and buy him that extra second to let the play develop?

This is beyond Whitehair now - what the fuck is up with that shit ass screen Getsy....

somebody is just now starting to learn what a screen pass it

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I personally loved hearing all the old farts tell me all week that screens going for touchdowns mean less than bombs down the field for TDs.

I kept asking, is 6 points not 6 points?

It's the rushing td, throwing td, crap all over from last year.

I think too many people care about Madden and Fantasy Football, when all the team cares about is scoring points and trying to win games.
WTF is with the Old Farts comment and if you're type casting, WTF would old farts have to do with Madden or Fantasy. Are you some kind of muscle brane foreigner or something?;)

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So a couple things about the silly long 53 discussions yesterday. We learned two things that relate well to last night. The Bear aren't hiding Tyson, are allowing him to compete for QB2 and after last night, may not be able to take the risk of waiving him to get to 53. The other thing we learned yesterday is that the Bear can claim a player they waive but become last in the waiver line for their own waived player.

This could actually be that extremely rare scenario that I doubt has ever previously happened. Probably still wont since you cut him to make 53 and he'd count against it but it does give an extra day to manipulate the roster before you reclaim him since he's getting paid either way. If he clears, he'll very likely signs elsewhere and we get jack for the $2m. $2m is not the most important thing to an NFL team but if he doesn't fuck up the roster otherwise by losing another valuable player...

The obviously most common scenarios are, if Bagent is #2, we keep all 3 on the active or, we cut PJ to get to 53 and lose him whether he clears waivers or not but while EXTREMELY unlikely, it's not impossible that we reclaim him from the 32 slot. It's always been easier to get players (the other guy you'd have to cut and try to get to the PS to claim PJ) through the 2nd round of post 53 maneuvers as teams have become more settled in their rosters and have already made their claims to fill slots.

All that said, It's still a far fetched and extremely unlikely scenario but yesterday had me at least entertain the possibility of something like that being remotely possible even though as I write this, I'm still thinking, nahhh, LOL.

This is not an continuation of the previous discussion nor an argument of anything at this point.:)

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
To me it’s pretty obvious that Bagent won a roster spot last night, the key clue is that he was pulled at halftime. It’s an easy decision when you take money out of the equation. The only question remains is if they keep 3 or 2 QBs on the 53.

PJ Walker is the one playing for a job over the next week. He needs to show why he was signed and quick or he will be on waivers.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
To me it’s pretty obvious that Bagent won a roster spot last night, the key clue is that he was pulled at halftime. It’s an easy decision when you take money out of the equation. The only question remains is if they keep 3 or 2 QBs on the 53.

PJ Walker is the one playing for a job over the next week. He needs to show why he was signed and quick or he will be on waivers.
I’m confused about the guaranteed money and him getting cut. If we cut him, and he goes to the PS, how does his currently signed contract work. I’m thinking he gets his 2 million guaranteed. Now, does he then sign a new contract or does he return to the terms of the earlier one, should he be claimed on the PS?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’m confused about the guaranteed money and him getting cut. If we cut him, and he goes to the PS, how does his currently signed contract work. I’m thinking he gets his 2 million guaranteed. Now, does he then sign a new contract or does he return to the terms of the earlier one, should he be claimed on the PS?
new contract.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will get the guaranteed money. Nobody is claiming that clown off waivers.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
He will get the guaranteed money. Nobody is claiming that clown off waivers.
new contract.
Okay, so it would be a new contract AFTER he gets his guaranteed money or, more accurately, he’s already been paid that money, so it’s just be a new contract. Okay, so, bear with me, as I’m not a cap guy, it would ultimately lower his cap should he get a vet minimum contract. I mean, he would get the 2 mil, but then not the rest of the contract, right?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, so it would be a new contract AFTER he gets his guaranteed money or, more accurately, he’s already been paid that money, so it’s just be a new contract. Okay, so, bear with me, as I’m not a cap guy, it would ultimately lower his cap should he get a vet minimum contract. I mean, he would get the 2 mil, but then not the rest of the contract, right?
I am not 100 sure. In either case I wouldn’t resign him lol