Official 2023 Training Camp thread

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
At what point do you expect Fields to surpass the yardage and TDs?

Like week 11, 12?
Week 12 puts him at roughly 2,900 yards or 240 yards a game. 4K passer. Although it's a big increase over year two, it's still just 240 yards a game. That ain't shit in 2023. I'd say by the 13th game he's hit that. In regards to TD's...game 9. Two/game.

What are your predictions?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Beyond the talent around him this season vs last, I think the impact of this being in his second year in the same system is absolutely massive. It has of course been noted, but I think it will be a bigger factor than people are giving credit for.

Then you install some talent, and trust on top of that experience.

Look out.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is it really a breakout for a vet in his forth season that's already been extended?
What does his contract have to do with a break out season? If he had 75 Rec for 750 yrds and 10 TD's would that not be a break out season?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Well, he had the same reputation for holdong on to the ball too long at Ohio State. So can he change an ingrained tendency with strong coaching?
well anyone can change and improve, but its no secret that I dont think he can. Would love to be proven wrong and be made to eat crow all year but we will see..

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I’m reading that they wanted a second rounder back in June. I’m wondering if we can throw them a third this and a third next. We have the cap to sign him.
I'm with you 100%, and I think he'd be capable of excellent things here. Can't see them trading him within the division to play against him 2x a year after an extension.

I, personally, prefer Chase Young
More likely of the two but hard pass unless its a late-rounder. Dude just can't stay on the field and there are options in FA now that can give you his best production in his short, hurt career.

I've been telling you all I have concerns about Braxton's anchor.
You're not the only one. I'm still baffled as to how he's seemingly being handed starting LT spot with no competition.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
If teams are already unwilling to sign RB's to major extensions from their own teams, they're even less likely to spend draft picks to get one from another team, and then sign that guy to a massive extension. Taylor is kind of screwed.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If teams are already unwilling to sign RB's to major extensions from their own teams, they're even less likely to spend draft picks to get one from another team, and then sign that guy to a massive extension. Taylor is kind of screwed.
I am VERY curious to see how this plays out. ?

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
It was still his rookie year. And he had 18 Punt Returns in 6 years in college (all in final year) so it was still new to him. By contrast he had 122 Kick Returns in college. So not really a surprise he struggled at times with fielding punts.

It should also be noted that Jones muffs came against 2 left footed punters which he likely didnt see a lot of in his 18 punts. Probably part of the reason the Bears sigend a left footed punter this offseason so Jones could get reps.

He looked awesome returning punts in the pre-season against the Seahawks too.