Official Bears vs Oakland Raiders Pre-Season Game Two Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't wait to hear from the "but Chris Williams is good!!!111" (getting destroyed on outside pass rushes) and "this line isn't nearly as bad as you think" crowd after this debacle in the first half. 5 sacks to your franchise QB and countless more times pressured.....in a pre-season game? Unacceptable. Laughable, really.
The Bears need to run some screens, chip Wimbley, bring a TE to the left side, or run some quick slants to slow down the pass rush

Nerrad

Liked Posts:
the way this line looks i think fred miller suited up

Livewire

Liked Posts:
I liked when the commentator said it is only pre-season and they called Kamerion Wimbley an elite pass rusher in an attempt to basically say don't worry about Chris Williams.

If Wimbley can get 4 past him in a half and is "elite" than what is Jarred Allen going to do to him in 8 quarters of football this year?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Bears need to run some screens, chip Wimbley, bring a TE to the left side, or run some quick slants to slow down the pass rush

These are the kinds of thigns that get implemented in a gameplan during the regular season.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself to feel better. Erik Kramer mentioned that if you're listening to the broadcast on TV, not radio.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
LeFevour overthrew Davis, he was open

Lefty

Liked Posts:

They have been doing all of that, save for maybe chipping Wimbley. They've been running screens, draws, double-TE sets and quick slants here and there. The problem is, the screens are hit-or-miss, Knox and Hester can't establish the inside lane on the slants (as well as not having the hands to hang on to a bullet from Cutler when under duress), and it doesn't matter how many TE's they have on the line, because as soon as the ball is snapped, Williams' guy is three steps behind him.

You know what they need to do, instead of harp on all that tricky shit to slow down the rush? Block. Right now they can't do it consistently, and when they're bad, they're really bad.

calbrooks

Liked Posts:
Well got the feed back and just finished the first half. Nice to see we fought it out and at least won the half. In the end it is the score that matters. does not mean I am happy with our play though. Thank god we still have two more preseason games to work out some bugs. I sure hope we learn how to block a blitz. Saw a few great plays but hope we see a few more good plays to back them up.

calbrooks

Liked Posts:
Looking at how much special teams has done for us in the past it was also kinda nice to see us manage to stay ahead with that faze doing all it could to lose the game for us.

dandmcd

Liked Posts:
At least it was muffed by a player who won't have a roster spot in a couple weeks.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Blue22

Liked Posts:
Good lord, was it really that long ago that ST was the Bears' biggest strength???

Payton050407

Liked Posts:
Guys I apologize all I feel like I've been doing is bitching and very little about the game, but the link that works better than veetle HD is still in halftime and I 'm missing the gam pretty much. Hell Go Bears I'll catch the replay on NFLN tomorrow night.

Blue22

Liked Posts:
Guys I apologize all I feel like I've been doing is bitching and very little about the game, but the link that works better than veetle HD is still in halftime and I 'm missing the gam pretty much. Hell Go Bears I'll catch the replay on NFLN tomorrow night.

I hear ya. I'm out of market and wish I had the money to pay for Sunday Ticket or whatever, but I don't. So it's 16 weeks of crappy/laggy/inconsistent streams for me. :shot:

dandmcd

Liked Posts:

There's a better feed than Veetle? The feed I'm getting from Veetle I think is incredible.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one open down field, and a good sack by Mark Anderson. I still think that he's just a situational pass rusher though.

kevperro

Liked Posts:
For you guys watching the Raiders feed. I think these broadcasters want to blow Bo.

Status
Not open for further replies.