***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He doesn't suck but CCS sure did overhype the kid with not much to go on. As of now he's a really good 3rd CB.

He graded out higher than all Bears CBs not named Jaylon Johnson last year and also better than JJ's rookie year. Having said that a lot of that is because he was a top 10 run defender at CB in the whole NFL. A move to S may make since once Byard moves on.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Never seen this return, that first step was nasty.

Fuck punt returns, he should be our kick return guy. But injuries...I get it.

I wonder how many TE's have returned a punt for a TD?

He isnt super elusive but in open space has good time to shift/juke at last minute so defenders cant square him up. Given his size and strength it allows him to run through arm tackles. You domt see ir as much when he plays WR because defenders arent usually coming at him full speed and so that lil juke is easier for a defender to adjust to.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He graded out higher than all Bears CBs not named Jaylon Johnson last year and also better than JJ's rookie year. Having said that a lot of that is because he was a top 10 run defender at CB in the whole NFL. A move to S may make since once Byard moves on.
How many snaps did he play compared to T.Stevenson which is the only other CB that matters besides JJ?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shoot, Eberflus should have switched to a goatee two years ago.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wonder how effective the running game will be this year with Fields no longer running..
Fields is recorded at .12 seconds faster in the 40 than Caleb and is 10 lbs heavier. Caleb prefers to pass and is much more capable there as far as expectations. But I think that Caleb can extend the threat of a pass longer than Justin and can run just as decisively.

I'd say adding Swift to be RB1 will make the Bears more dangerous than with Fields and what he had at RB imo.

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Fields is recorded at .12 seconds faster in the 40 than Caleb and is 10 lbs heavier. Caleb prefers to pass and is much more capable there as far as expectations. But I think that Caleb can extend the threat of a pass longer than Justin and can run just as decisively.

I'd say adding Swift to be RB1 will make the Bears more dangerous than with Fields and what he had at RB imo.
Yes, agree about all that, but my question (was sloppy with that one) how effective the power running game will be when 2 yards are needed.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yes, agree about all that, but my question (was sloppy with that one) how effective the power running game will be when 2 yards are needed.

Prob will be RoJo time for those situations. Herbert’s a pretty big back too. I’m not too worried about it

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Running? Pfffffft! Thats what Cole Kmet in the flat or a shallow out is for

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's why I wanted bears to get Brock Bowers but I'd say if 2 is needed then Blassingame and the new interior OL look should be able to handle it, especially with Odunze at TE5 back there with Velus at RB4