***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So Kyler Gordon doesnt matter? He played 377 snaps and TS played 830.
Ummmmmm Huh??

Right......this is where going by PFF starts telling the lies.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So you have no proof he was hyped up. Got it.
Just don't care to go back and repost the many many posts of people on here already calling him a starting CB.

What's more worrisome is with all the time you spend on here that you missed all of it. DERP

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just don't care to go back and repost the many many posts of people on here already calling him a starting CB.

What's more worrisome is with all the time you spend on here that you missed all of it. DERP
Probably because that never happened

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I own up to my statements.. My opinion, and note I don't speak for the rest of the board or anyone other than myself, is that Terrell Smith will eventually start. Dude runs a 10.3 100 and is probably the fastest player on the team. But it's not just his speed. Watch the very first play of highlights of #4. See that crossing route where he's covering #2? Crossing routes are one of the hardest routes to cover. You can be a lot faster than the guy you're covering and they can get open because when they make that cut inside they're already ahead of you. And if you try to anticipate that cut and get a head-start they can turn it up field and you're really beaten. But Smith runs in a slight trailing position, baits the QB, and accelerates nab that rock.

He's also the biggest of the Bears cornerbacks. He and Stevenson were competing for the starting job when Smith got hurt last year before training camp. Injuries are going to be his challenge. But I also admit that he did get beaten on that play earlier by Odunze. But 29 has been beaten by Odunze as well.

I maintain that I think Smith has the best pure physical skills in the backfield and will start. It might be due to injury initially (kinda like when he lost the competition to 29 by default when he got injured), but once he gets the nod, he's not letting go unless he gets injured. Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong. Who knows.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Telling what lies? Explain to me your anlysis of Smith as a CB in detail?
So you want me to do what you guys do and go watch a youtube video of some so called draft expert or ex NFL player talking about T.Smith and then come back here and say what he said? No thanks. Like i've been saying, i think he's a good #3 CB with the little amount of actual NFL game film there's been to see so far.

I'm not a scout or ex NFL player and don't act like one like many on here do even though all you guys are really doing is watching what others say about players and coming back here to regurgitate what they said. lol

Your thing is PFF.

Reactions: Myk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I own up to my statements.. My opinion, and note I don't speak for the rest of the board or anyone other than myself, is that Terrell Smith will eventually start. Dude runs a 10.3 100 and is probably the fastest player on the team. But it's not just his speed. Watch the very first play of highlights of #4. See that crossing route where he's covering #2? Crossing routes are one of the hardest routes to cover. You can be a lot faster than the guy you're covering and they can get open because when they make that cut inside they're already ahead of you. And if you try to anticipate that cut and get a head-start they can turn it up field and you're really beaten. But Smith runs in a slight trailing position, baits the QB, and accelerates nab that rock.

He's also the biggest of the Bears cornerbacks. He and Stevenson were competing for the starting job when Smith got hurt last year before training camp. Injuries are going to be his challenge. But I also admit that he did get beaten on that play earlier by Odunze. But 29 has been beaten by Odunze as well.

I maintain that I think Smith has the best pure physical skills in the backfield and will start. It might be due to injury initially (kinda like when he lost the competition to 29 by default when he got injured), but once he gets the nod, he's not letting go unless he gets injured. Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong. Who knows.
This isn’t overhyping though. This is well researched and thought out. As @SugarWalls pointed out last year, Smith outplayed Stevenson in camp and looked to have the inside track at starting. If Smith makes a jump this season, he could be a very valuable trade chip or make someone else expendable in a year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Sure would be nice if you're right and we have a starting caliber CB as our #3 but also means there's a good chance we won't be able to keep him after his contract is up. I don't think he would of beat out T.Stevenson even if he didn't get injured but really no way to say that for sure.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You might want to check in with BR then
I should of guessed. Okay so one person and pretty sure he says most of the things he says just to troll you guys, which works every time.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So you want me to do what you guys do and go watch a youtube video of some so called draft expert or ex NFL player talking about T.Smith and then come back here and say what he said? No thanks. Like i've been saying, i think he's a good #3 CB with the little amount of actual NFL game film there's been to see so far.

I'm not a scout or ex NFL player and don't act like one like many on here do even though all you guys are really doing is watching what others say about players and coming back here to regurgitate what they said. lol

Your thing is PFF.

I've been saying this for years. People either think they can't have a thought of their own or they're unable to.
And if it's a former star QB expert talking head there's no discussion allowed.
All people do any more is parrot what they see in media and it's not just football.