***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Didn’t rashan gary play DT or start in GB inside?

I wouldn’t mind seeing Dexter get some snaps off the edge

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Much as I like the idea of a big End to collapse and hold at the POA, I’d prefer him to focus on one place in his second year. A penetrating 3tech is far more valuable than a big End.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Other than the center competition I don’t know what they wouldn’t be certain about
Is Nate Davis practicing? It could have been mentioned in this thread but I’m too lazy to read through it

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I’m not sure of snap counts but he played DE his 1st 2 years in the league. He’s been listed as an OLB the last 3 years. He did play some DT at Michigan.

@DanielCCSBears has pointed out that Dexter played some snaps at DE last year

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Much as I like the idea of a big Wnd to collapse and hold at the POA, I’d prefer him to focus on one place in his second year. A penetrating 3tech is far more valuable than a big End.
I dont see him as a 3T - I see him as an anchoring 1T. He is just too strong that he has a really high floor at that spot. If he can work on bursting out of his stance better, he would be a handful (and given that the 1T is on the center's shoulder, he could really get in the center's head and mess with the snap).

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I dont see him as a 3T - I see him as an anchoring 1T. He is just too strong that he has a really high floor at that spot. If he can work on bursting out of his stance better, he would be a handful (and given that the 1T is on the center's shoulder, he could really get in the center's head and mess with the snap).
Tez Sweat keeps talking about how he's really changed his body so not sure he could play some 1T like he did last year and might actually see him rushing from the edge some but he'll primarily be out 3T. Obviously i have no idea but this is what it sounds like and what i hope for.