***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Offense looks like shit against 2nd teamers.

Caleb played more than I thought he would today. Good to see him at least get a TD after a rough start, albeit against the reserves.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Offense looks like shit against 2nd teamers.

Caleb played more than I thought he would today. Good to see him at least get a TD after a rough start, albeit against the reserves.
With some of those plays he made, it doesn’t matter if it was against starters or backups. What he personally did was pretty amazing. It’s not like the o line played great. Rome was covered pretty damn good against a backup player, etc. Give the kid credit where due and stop playing the “played against backups” excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
200.webp

I promise you i read your whole post.
For what it is worth, here is a thing of beauty in regards to blocking (2:33 mark). The whole offensive line is blocking 3 defensive linemen on the left hand side and two TEs (14 & 85) are blocking the DE on the right hand side.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm interested to see who Kiran pushes off the roster. I assume Carter but could be Pryor or borom I guess. Carter has probably shown enough to get picked up by another OL needy team
I have an assumption that Borom is the closest to the end of the roster, for having not been a "Poles Pick." I think that that is a shame, he has good experience and is young enough that he can still find ways to improve.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I have an assumption that Borom is the closest to the end of the roster, for having not been a "Poles Pick." I think that that is a shame, he has good experience and is young enough that he can still find ways to improve.
Borom is due to make over $3M this season. He is a goner and I doubt they even let him play Thursday. If they do they are stupid.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Borom is due to make over $3M this season. He is a goner and I doubt they even let him play Thursday. If they do they are stupid.

Why would his salary possibly matter? They’re 20 mil under the cap.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Sportrac has Chicago sitting pretty with $20M+ in reserve to add more talent to the roster or extend a player on contract. This year, I think $3M is an amount they can absorb for the sake of having the best backups on the roster. But suppose that Poles is still looking for a trade target, and it is a talent that they have to sign to a new contract when he joins the team... Yeah that $3M is a good chunk. Fair point.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm interested to see who Kiran pushes off the roster. I assume Carter but could be Pryor or borom I guess. Carter has probably shown enough to get picked up by another OL needy team

Pryor seems like a “lock” at this point with his versatility and the reps he’s gotten in camp

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Why would his salary possibly matter? They’re 20 mil under the cap.
He's making more than Teven, and he sucks. I think it's bad business to not cut him and save $3M but that's just me.
@gallagher

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Borom was awful at LT last season when he had to fill in. Sure, Kiran is an unknown but hard to get much worse than Borom.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Borom was awful at LT last season when he had to fill in. Sure, Kiran is an unknown but hard to get much worse than Borom.

Maybe but borom has experience starting in a few spots. Its likely he makes the team just because of that.

Similar to the people who wants herbert gone for anything, you dont really get much from cutting him vs. keeping him on the roster. 3m in savings could matter but you still gotta factor in what the other guy they keep would cost. Curhan makes 1m, so you'd really just save 2m cutting borom.