***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I would also say Caleb Williams is holding the ball 3.68 seconds. The difference is his sack rate is less than half of Fields. So the OL has been fine thus far.

The difference is Williams runs around finding a pocket or rolls out always looking for a pass.
Fields would just take off running for whatever reason.

The oline really hasn't been fine especially considering it's preseason.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No it 100% is crazy that we're still building the trenches 3 years in.

You seem to be the only one that thinks Dexter is playing well and has collapsed the pocket multiple times.

You can find no post where I said Dexter played well. Going into his 3rd year, there were holes all over the Bears roster and you were still caping for Pace.

QB - Dumbass picked Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson. We have Williams. 2024 Bears easy win.

HB - Howard and Cohen were solid but Swift better than both.

WR/TE - One of the worst WR cores in the history of the NFL. Wright went from our leading WR to never playing in NFL again. The great Adam Shaheen was garbage. By contrast we have the best WR core in Bears history on paper.

OL - Leno, Sitton, Whitehair, Long and Massie probably better on paper but 2024 Bears OL probably has more potential.

DL - Bears DL was better than ours on paper.

LBs - Absolute trash compared to 2024

DBs - CBs were trash and good safeties but 2024 easily better.

So all in all your favorite Bears GM probably did do a better job in the trenches to the detriment of every other position group which favors the 2024 Bears. So no it isnt easy to fix everything in 3 years.

We are still trying to see what we have on the OL and DL because Pace has focused his resources on building the rest of the team to where the gaps on the OL and DL can hopefully be addressed. Note took Pace 4 years to get a playoff team when hw added Mack and that team flamed out. So again next year is when I expect Poles to finish building a complete team.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Borom is an average backup OT which makes him bad by starter standards but useful, especially when the only other backup OT on the roster is a rookie IAA player just coming off IR who may actually be a guard. Also cutting him would save only about $1.8m compared to Carter, which is like .7% of the cap.

I think the only question is whether they keep 10 OL and Carter is 10, or they let Carter go and keep 9.
Would carter make it through the practice squad? Think he's still eligible.

Borom also isnt good but he has starting experience. CCS just has unrealistic expectations for a starting LT much less a backup one. Every team is full of random turds as their backup/swing tackles, its prob the worst depth position in the entire league.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Especially since he came in saying how important the trenches were.

Doesnt mean you filll them with anyone. Most likely Poles just hasnt been sold on the talent available and passed on them for better talent at other positions.
The difference is Williams runs around finding a pocket or rolls out always looking for a pass.
Fields would just take off running for whatever reason.

The oline really hasn't been fine especially considering it's preseason.

The difference is Williams has 6 out of 23 passes thrown under 2.5 seconds. By contrast Daniels who also has great mobility has thrown 12 out of 15 passes in under 2.5 seconds. Again Williams simply holds the ball a very long time which puts more pressure on the OL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't see much talk about Ian Wheeler. He should be RB 3 or 4 and had a 29yard average returning kicks in college. Runs a 4.3 and looks it. He can catch consistently unlike Homer and pot luck VJJ. I'm not a VJJ hater, however, he's had plenty of time to dazzle us with something. His kick return average was good last year but it's not enough.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Would carter make it through the practice squad? Think he's still eligible.

Borom also isnt good but he has starting experience. CCS just has unrealistic expectations for a starting LT much less a backup one. Every team is full of random turds as their backup/swing tackles, its prob the worst depth position in the entire league.
Pretty good chance he would, usually there are only a handful of guys on their rookie deals who are cut and claimed right away.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't see much talk about Ian Wheeler. He should be RB 3 or 4 and had a 29yard average returning kicks in college. Runs a 4.3 and looks it. He can catch consistently unlike Homer and pot luck VJJ. I'm not a VJJ hater, however, he's had plenty of time to dazzle us with something. His kick return average was good last year but it's not enough.
Isn’t he the guy that couldn’t catch a cold in hard knocks?
I don’t think Velus has proven to stay on the roster

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Isn’t he the guy that couldn’t catch a cold in hard knocks?
I don’t think Velus has proven to stay on the roster
Haven't watched yet. Caught plenty in College and was also a good gunner. Running style similar to Herbert.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would keep Swift, Herbert, RJ, and Wheeler. Try to trade Herbert.

At WR, it would be DJ, Allen, Odunze, Scott and Johnson.

Then keep VJJ as he can fill in at WR and RB.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't watched yet. Caught plenty in College and was also a good gunner. Running style similar to Herbert.
He might even be quicker than Herbert, but it's close.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You can find no post where I said Dexter played well. Going into his 3rd year, there were holes all over the Bears roster and you were still caping for Pace.

QB - Dumbass picked Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson. We have Williams. 2024 Bears easy win.

HB - Howard and Cohen were solid but Swift better than both.

WR/TE - One of the worst WR cores in the history of the NFL. Wright went from our leading WR to never playing in NFL again. The great Adam Shaheen was garbage. By contrast we have the best WR core in Bears history on paper.

OL - Leno, Sitton, Whitehair, Long and Massie probably better on paper but 2024 Bears OL probably has more potential.

DL - Bears DL was better than ours on paper.

LBs - Absolute trash compared to 2024

DBs - CBs were trash and good safeties but 2024 easily better.

So all in all your favorite Bears GM probably did do a better job in the trenches to the detriment of every other position group which favors the 2024 Bears. So no it isnt easy to fix everything in 3 years.

We are still trying to see what we have on the OL and DL because Pace has focused his resources on building the rest of the team to where the gaps on the OL and DL can hopefully be addressed. Note took Pace 4 years to get a playoff team when hw added Mack and that team flamed out. So again next year is when I expect Poles to finish building a complete team.
Are you still talking about and writing full pages about Ryan Pace? Good stuff.

I'm just happy he filled our holes at 3T/DT with G.Dexter and Z.Pickens.
:long:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Doesnt mean you filll them with anyone. Most likely Poles just hasnt been sold on the talent available and passed on them for better talent at other positions.

The difference is Williams has 6 out of 23 passes thrown under 2.5 seconds. By contrast Daniels who also has great mobility has thrown 12 out of 15 passes in under 2.5 seconds. Again Williams simply holds the ball a very long time which puts more pressure on the OL.
Like G.Dexter, Z.Pickens and VJJ??

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Falcons dominate a pathetically weak NFC South. Falcons front office wins awards and they cruise to a 12-5 record and get bounced in the divisional round in the playoffs. Pace gets another GM gig over Cunningham, and thus costs the Bears draft picks once again.
Cunningham is getting his gig this year.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Score update says Gayleb was gr8 and bad. My boi Gordon picked him off 2wice and one was a 100 yard pick6

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
I would keep Swift, Herbert, RJ, and Wheeler. Try to trade Herbert.

At WR, it would be DJ, Allen, Odunze, Scott and Johnson.

Then keep VJJ as he can fill in at WR and RB.
I agree with this take mostly. But I would keep pettis over VJJ. And he can return for us, plus I think he is still a solid backup receiver. And isnt he even younger than Velus?