***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He really hasn’t proved he belongs this offseason, is he even returning kicks anymore?
Sure but if you haven't noticed...

I give guys a chance to acclimate and the team to find a niche. VJJ was slow to arrive at the college level as well but, decent return yardage for a guy that may not cleanly field all of them etc is not enough.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a VJJ hater - he's nowhere near talented enough to make up for being fundamentally unsound. I hope he gets cut but I won't stay mad at Poles forever if he doesn't.
I kinda felt bad for him after the ferret story though. 🤷🏽‍♂️

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Kirk Cousins is an upgrade over D.Ridder and added Rondale Moore and our boy D.Mooney to go with D.London, K.Pitts and Bijan and added M.Judon to go with Simmons and added Ruke Orhorhoro, B.Dorlus and B.Trice in the draft for the defense to go with Grady Jarrett and our boy Eddie Goldman.

I think R.Moore and B.Trice are both hurt though.
Moore and Trice are done for the year. Pitts, Mooney are just meh. London is above average but is hardly elite. Orhorhoro has been largely unimpressive by some Falcons beat writers. Jarrett is coming off a major injury and his production was already trending downward prior to the injury.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mooney was just a guy with bad QB play and bad coaching but good QB's and good coaching will get the most out of WR's and Mooney has one season proving he can be a #2 or at the very least a #3 WR in this league.

I said Trice was hurt but they have plenty of talent on that defense that he won't be missed.

Cousins has been fully cleared so lets see how he does. He was already a non mobile QB.
Atlanta does not have “plenty of talent” on defense. They are perilously thin across the board. Outside of their safeties, this Bears defense has more talent. Nobody knows how effective Jarrett is going to be on their defense coming off that nasty injury.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DL is bad. It's bottom 5 in the league if you go team by team and look at personnel. The only teams that I'd say probably have worse players on the DL currently are NE, AZ and Denver
Wrong. Once we got Sweat, we GREATLY improved. Here's just ONE quick Google ranking us #10

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that if the priority is on getting elite OL in the draft, that you must eschew the idea that you get this or that guy in any given round and just get your athlete. This team may be picking in the 20s by virtue of their own record or a trade down, and getting a guard or center there is just as sensible as getting one at pick 35 or 40. If Caleb is the genuine article, then there is no such thing as putting too high a priority on protecting him.
I agree.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Hopefully he's not as slow in reality as he looked in the last preseason game.
I’m pretty sure he’s pacing himself. He’s never been fast and we’ve seen several instances of him making plays in camp. He’ll be fine.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Moore and Trice are done for the year. Pitts, Mooney are just meh. London is above average but is hardly elite. Orhorhoro has been largely unimpressive by some Falcons beat writers. Jarrett is coming off a major injury and his production was already trending downward prior to the injury.
I guess they won't be a good team then.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Atlanta does not have “plenty of talent” on defense. They are perilously thin across the board. Outside of their safeties, this Bears defense has more talent. Nobody knows how effective Jarrett is going to be on their defense coming off that nasty injury.
AJ Terrell is a really good CB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a ferret story? I must be out if touch.
Yeah, apparently he and his roommate (Michael Pittman Jr) had a pet ferret in college that he was pretty close to. One of his family members (accidentally?) broke its neck and he was devastated. Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family. Seems silly I know, but I felt bad for the guy.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's only one thing i've been complaining about with our defense and that's our pass rush.
I was a little disappointed at some of the 10+ yard runs that were given up as well. There weren't many, but I hate seeing defenses give up running yardage. It's one of the reasons I couldn't watch Texas for years, prior to Sarkasian. It was too easy for them to routinely give up 8-9 yards a carry. Drives me batty.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If 1/4 of the Bears roster were as good at their jobs as Keenan Allen, the Bears would be -2000 to win the Super Bowl.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I guess they won't be a good team then. So
I wouldn’t say that. They have a damn good OL and if Cousins is on fire like he was last year, they will be able to score. They can’t afford injuries. Unfortunately living in Atlanta means I only get to hear about the Falcons & Bulldogs(and Braves). They know they don’t have depth.