***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see much talk about Ian Wheeler. He should be RB 3 or 4 and had a 29yard average returning kicks in college. Runs a 4.3 and looks it. He can catch consistently unlike Homer and pot luck VJJ. I'm not a VJJ hater, however, he's had plenty of time to dazzle us with something. His kick return average was good last year but it's not enough.

If you watched Hard Knocks... you'd see Wheeler's hands aren't exactly great. Numerous throws squirt through them.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like G.Dexter, Z.Pickens and VJJ??

Would your preference be that he nailed the Trenches and missed out on Caleb Williams or Rome Odunze?

Everything he has done, good or bad has gotten them to this point. A lot of folks look at things too linear. Safely critiquing purely in hindsight.

I find it humorous that the expectations of perfection people have for the world around them often far exceed the expectations they put on themselves.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would your preference be that he nailed the Trenches and missed out on Caleb Williams or Rome Odunze?

Everything he has done, good or bad has gotten them to this point. A lot of folks look at things too linear. Safely critiquing purely in hindsight.

I find it humorous that the expectations of perfection people have for the world around them often far exceed the expectations they put on themselves.
No my preference would be that he hit on G.Dexter and Z.Pickens (still have hope for Dexter but not much for Pickens) or used those picks elsewhere and hit with those picks or drafted another player over VJJ or used some free agent money on DE or DT.

I love Rome but i was also wanting J.Verse, D.Turner, L.Latu and B.Murphy.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No my preference would be that he hit on G.Dexter and Z.Pickens (still have hope for Dexter but not much for Pickens) or used those picks elsewhere and hit with those picks or drafted another player over VJJ or used some free agent money on DE or DT.

I love Rome but i was also wanting J.Verse, D.Turner, L.Latu and B.Murphy.

There isn't really a "I prefer everything to work out the way I want it to, while being extremely obvious from the beginning" option though.

I mean... I prefer they trade all of their 6th and 7th round picks for 1st round picks...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

This times 1,000. Great post.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There isn't really a "I prefer everything to work out the way I want it to, while being extremely obvious from the beginning" option though.

I mean... I prefer they trade all of their 6th and 7th round picks for 1st round picks...
Didn't say there was, was simply saying what i would prefer after you actually asked me what my preference would be.

Thanks

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I'm glad that you also think that Poles' first draft was a huge bust that only works out as an intentional tank.

The problem is was and always will be the trenches are most important in lip service, DBs are most important in reality. And he hasn't even hit on those for the amount of talent pumped into the positions.
The fact that he won't give up on that 2 round reach of a bust in VJJ is just odd at this point.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm glad that you also think that Poles' first draft was a huge bust that only works out as an intentional tank.

The problem is was and always will be the trenches are most important in lip service, DBs are most important in reality. And he hasn't even hit on those for the amount of talent pumped into the positions.
The fact that he won't give up on that 2 round reach of a bust in VJJ is just odd at this point.

This obsession with Velus is weird. It was a bad pick. It happens. Every GM does it. Why would he give up on Velus when it's a 90 man roster now?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This obsession with Velus is weird. It was a bad pick. It happens. Every GM does it. Why would he give up on Velus when it's a 90 man roster now?

It's not so much right this instant that has me scratching my head. It's trying to make him a RB.

VJJ has to know someone that got him the overdraft and special treatment.
Hester earned it before they were trying to force him into positions to justify his contract.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Because there has to be one player who is worth keeping over Velus. For instance why not keep Wheeler over him? Neither one would see many reps, but give the rookie an opportunity. Jones had his already.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because there has to be one player who is worth keeping over Velus. For instance why not keep Wheeler over him? Neither one would see many reps, but give the rookie an opportunity. Jones had his already.

Wheeler is this year’s camp hero eh? I always fall asleep before he comes in.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think it's easy to get lost in the noise... but no GM is batting 1.000. For me, Poles has some big hits. The biggest hit for me was probably the Sweat move cause that was the toughest one. He was getting eaten alive for it at the time. And while trading away the No. 1 was an easy decision, being adamant about getting DJ in return was another big hit. And to be clear, I was pretty critical of him, but I don't see how we can realistically have expected someone to do more in the time he's had.

And I'm not going to lose my shit over a couple of missed draft picks. Most draft picks turn out to be nobodies anyway.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's only one thing i've been complaining about with our defense and that's our pass rush.
And I think it's pretty good. Much better with Sweat on board. Booker's been improving. Could we draft/trade for a better DE across from Sweat? Sure. I think they're going to see what they have on the roster.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

you are high.