***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Because you keep repeating the same narrative with no evidence to back it up.

This isn't the time you've insisted he's a 1 technique.
Yeah it isn't the first time. I'm not really trying to convince anyone, and I don't make money writing about my Bears thoughts, so I don't see the need to give any sort of break down. Personally, I think this team still would benefit from a real game changer at 3T, and so Dexter would naturally find a role opposite that.

He lined up in several alignments at DT throughout the year, including 1. If you rewatch the Atlanta game, you'd see that he had a big game playing as 1, 3, and as a wide-set 5, so I don't really think he's limited to just 1T. I just see that that role is his very high floor for the team. [EDIT to correct] I started rewatching his highlights against the Falcons, and I believe that I was recalling certain plays as 5T, where he was lining up directly over the tackle as a 4.

But hey, if you care so much about it, I'll look forward to your article!

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I get that Odunze missed practice on Saturday for personal reasons, but why would he be "limited" today?
I am just guessing but it might have to do with the ramp up period that all players need to have. Since he missed the start of the ramp up, he needs to start slow.

Of course, I can be 100% wrong and he is recovering from some strain.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah it isn't the first time. I'm not really trying to convince anyone, and I don't make money writing about my Bears thoughts, so I don't see the need to give any sort of break down. Personally, I think this team still would benefit from a real game changer at 3T, and so Dexter would naturally find a role opposite that.

He lined up in several alignments at DT throughout the year, including 1. If you rewatch the Atlanta game, you'd see that he had a big game playing as 1, 3, and as a wide-set 5, so I don't really think he's limited to just 1T. I just see that that role is his very high floor for the team. [EDIT to correct] I started rewatching his highlights against the Falcons, and I believe that I was recalling certain plays as 5T, where he was lining up directly over the tackle as a 4.

But hey, if you care so much about it, I'll look forward to your article!
It's amazing to me how your bombastic bullshit crumbles the second someone calls you on it.

Since you're no longer in a fighting mood I'll leave you alone.

But I'm sure you'll follow me somewhere else to start shit with me again.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it sounds like a lot of dink and dunk stuff. But dink and dunk can get you first downs. The good news is, both sides start to get impatient. The defense starts cheating-up closer to the line of scrimmage, and that's when you nail their ass with a deep ball or long run after the catch. But you have to have speed to pull it off.
Ceedubz’ ability to shred underneath would allow for very deep shots downfield with Rome Odunze Mossing the fuck out of some DB. Also, getting the ball into DJ Moore’s hands is always a good thing.

Getting behind the shell a few times a game would be mint. Minty fresh.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
It's amazing to me how your bombastic bullshit crumbles the second someone calls you on it.

Since you're no longer in a fighting mood I'll leave you alone.

But I'm sure you'll follow me somewhere else to start shit with me again.
Why are you such an arrogant prick when you are actually really fucking stupid?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There's nothing arrogant about stating facts. I laid out clear facts.

1) Dexter struggled against the run last year, his PFF run grade was like 32.8. A 1-technique is primarily a run stopping DT.
2) His best games came when he lined up wider than a 3-technique or outright lined up as a defensive end.
3) Length wins better on the edge than it does inside.
4) He struggled with leverage last year because he is very tall for a DT
5)Dexter lost weight during the off-season which doesn't mesh well with the idea that he'll be a 1-technique
6) Does it fucking matter where he has success at? If he's a pass rushing DT that puts Sweat and others out towards a wide-9 set and they have more room to run stunts and more variable pass rushing schemes to get pressure up front that's overall a good thing to the Chicago Bears defense. I'd rather have him using his athleticism versus lining up as a 1-technique.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Stupid people can't be arrogant?
giphy.webp

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was connected with a few times last year only for him to botch that connection though.
I think he dropped a wide open pass at the end of the Browns game, but I believe he caught the next pass for a big gain.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@BaBaBlacksheep can you move the tweets about TC to the TC tweet thread? Or are tweets okay in this one now? 🤔