***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I dont have an account to read the link, can you summarize what it says on the new safety tandem?

Glad to see that Odunze and Everett are back. They may not get the volume of looks that Moore, Allen and Kmet are likely to have, but they will still make plenty of impact for Caleb this year.
From the article:

“This year’s defense has Byard and Brisker playing the left and right sides of the back end, as opposed to Brisker being in the box in front of a free safety. That allows more flexibility to disguise the defense.

“I think in this league, quarterbacks, offensive coordinators, watching film, you’re just trying to get a bead on a team by alignments, disguises and things like that,” Byard said. “You’re going to see certain quarterbacks that have seen so many different coverages; they’re just going to be able to look at a guy, see where he’s aligned, and say, ‘I know what this coverage is.’ So the more we can switch it up, the better.”

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Velus was also a 30 year old rookie, Dexy was younger than Jalen Carter
Dexter has more tackles on his nascent career than VJJ has catches.

I still have a candle of hope for VJJ to earn a defined role on this team, but to be honest I have been sharing my doubts about it since last season. He's been fast Bobby Wade these past two years.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
From the article:

“This year’s defense has Byard and Brisker playing the left and right sides of the back end, as opposed to Brisker being in the box in front of a free safety. That allows more flexibility to disguise the defense.

“I think in this league, quarterbacks, offensive coordinators, watching film, you’re just trying to get a bead on a team by alignments, disguises and things like that,” Byard said. “You’re going to see certain quarterbacks that have seen so many different coverages; they’re just going to be able to look at a guy, see where he’s aligned, and say, ‘I know what this coverage is.’ So the more we can switch it up, the better.”
Damn this sounds good to me! This set of Bears DBs is the most talented group we have been able to watch in a long time. If Poles/Flus develop the depth at S that they have across CB, I'll do a backflip.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Damn this sounds good to me! This set of Bears DBs is the most talented group we have been able to watch in a long time. If Poles/Flus develop the depth at S that they have across CB, I'll do a backflip.

I am kinda concerned with having no "true" Free Safety on a defense with no pass rush.

Least you know that run defense will be great

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I am kinda concerned with having no "true" Free Safety on a defense with no pass rush.

Least you know that run defense will be great
I see what you mean. I will admit that I like having a true center fielder back there, but I think right now, wait and see is the right approach. Thank goodness we got a good vet instead of hoping a rookie pans out. I really don't think there is a DB among the starters that a QB can pick on all game.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Please have valid replies instead of just throwing out names regardless if they played for the Bears or not.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see what you mean. I will admit that I like having a true center fielder back there, but I think right now, wait and see is the right approach. Thank goodness we got a good vet instead of hoping a rookie pans out. I really don't think there is a DB among the starters that a QB can pick on all game.

I've been hearing and seeing really good things said about Byard. They are super stoked to have him in the backfield.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I've been hearing and seeing really good things said about Byard. They are super stoked to have him in the backfield.

They should be, he's not elite like he was back in the day but he's still a great tackler and better in coverage than eddie was last year.

Its a giant upgrade at minimum for the run defense. This unit should be top 3 again, which is kinda big considering the RB's in this division now.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If they are super stoked, then I am super stoked!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There's nothing arrogant about stating facts. I laid out clear facts.
And yet you find a way to make it so. It is where you savant to all your remaining idiot