***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“In the first three training camp practices, veteran left guard Teven Jenkins has been most impressed with Williams' pocket presence.

"We have a 'three' and a 'five' (technique) on the other side and they both rush outside, and he understands he can just step up because all their cover-two drops," Jenkins said.

"It's like 'Oh wow, I can just step up,' and [complete a pass for] 20 yards easy. He's sliding in the pocket, seeing the pressures and everything, so I've been really impressed by that."

lol... it's almost like Tev hadn't seen that over the past 3 years.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

msadows

Liked Posts:

On most plays last year there was no option to step up because the centers were busy blocking another bears player, or falling over .

I'm hoping whoever starts at center can actually hold ground for 2 seconds. That alone would be an upgrade.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It makes his job easier if the QB isn't running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Teven no longer has to guess where his QB is going to go so it's easier to block for him. The offensive line can create a throwing lane and the QB can exploit it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This possibly bodes well for that 2025 second round draft pick.

“32. Carolina Panthers

Last season: 2-15, missed playoffs

Maybe the Panthers really, really wanted Dave Canales as their head coach. Or, maybe more high-profile candidates were scared off by the combination of owner David Tepper and quarterback Bryce Young. Canales had a nice year as Tampa Bay’s offensive coordinator in 2023, but it was his only season as a coordinator, and he was an assistant strength coach at Southern California just five years ago.

If he can reverse Young’s career track, none of that will matter. The former Alabama quarterback’s 5.5 yards per attempt in his rookie season were the fewest for any quarterback in the last eight seasons.”

Even panthers fans think bryce is a bust and they are the worst franchise in sports.

Who woulda thought drafting a midget twig would have ended well.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I keep forgetting they signed this guy. Will he be anything more than a Special Teams guy this year?
Oh lawd if he makes the team and ends up with significant playing time, you know they'll have a trained camera on her skybox.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“In the first three training camp practices, veteran left guard Teven Jenkins has been most impressed with Williams' pocket presence.

"We have a 'three' and a 'five' (technique) on the other side and they both rush outside, and he understands he can just step up because all their cover-two drops," Jenkins said.

"It's like 'Oh wow, I can just step up,' and [complete a pass for] 20 yards easy. He's sliding in the pocket, seeing the pressures and everything, so I've been really impressed by that."

Man, what a relief. Hopefully he can maintain that.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
On most plays last year there was no option to step up because the centers were busy blocking another bears player, or falling over .

I'm hoping whoever starts at center can actually hold ground for 2 seconds. That alone would be an upgrade.
It figures you'd be the first one to be so clueless about the fact that he's referencing Justin Fields with that quote.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It figures you'd be the first one to be so clueless about the fact that he's referencing Justin Fields with that quote.

I'm not clueless you moron, both can be true.

Or did you miss the screengrab of our amazing center blocking our guard?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Daniel, fields is gone, you can stop crying over the black boogieman who ruined your childrens childhood

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

How will the bears ever afford him?? What happened to siglers thread @BaBaBlacksheep? I was going to post this there

Edit: maybe he didn't make a thread. @iueyedoc just posted his tweet here.
The good news? It just meant the price of that other defensive end the Bears had last year was likely set and the Bears could be in a position to re-sign him. The bad news? He might not have passed his physical in Miami.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The good news? It just meant the price of that other defensive end the Bears had last year was likely set and the Bears could be in a position to re-sign him. The bad news? He might not have passed his physical in Miami.

Just get both Lawsons and Yannick at the vet minimum.

Let them fight it out gladiator style for the final edge spot

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure he's our #3 safety.

Listed as our backup SS right now. He played 83% and 70% of the defensive snaps last two years and a lot of special teams as well for the packers last year. 28 starts the last two seasons.

I'm guessing he's a lock to make the team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pre-training camp power rankings via The Athletic:

“15. Chicago Bears

Last season: 7-10, missed playoffs

A quick NFL history lesson: This team used to be referred to as the Monsters of the Midway. That’s right. The Bears were once good but have had only one winning season since 2012 and one playoff win since 2006. So why are Bears fans so giddy? No one in the NFL has added more in the offseason.

The list includes No. 1 pick quarterback Caleb Williams, No. 9 pick wide receiver Rome Odunze, veteran wide receiver Keenan Allen, safety Kevin Byard and running back D’Andre Swift. They also overhauled their entire offensive coaching staff.”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/56...camp-chiefs-49ers/?source=user_shared_articlePre-training camp NFL Power Rankings: Chiefs and 49ers reign, Texans and Bears on the rise

Lions are at 3. Packers are 8.

This possibly bodes well for that 2025 second round draft pick.

“32. Carolina Panthers

Last season: 2-15, missed playoffs

Maybe the Panthers really, really wanted Dave Canales as their head coach. Or, maybe more high-profile candidates were scared off by the combination of owner David Tepper and quarterback Bryce Young. Canales had a nice year as Tampa Bay’s offensive coordinator in 2023, but it was his only season as a coordinator, and he was an assistant strength coach at Southern California just five years ago.

If he can reverse Young’s career track, none of that will matter. The former Alabama quarterback’s 5.5 yards per attempt in his rookie season were the fewest for any quarterback in the last eight seasons.”
I'm actually pretty high on the Panthers this year. I'm a big Dave Canales fan and wanted the Bears to go after him for our OC job before he got the Carolina HC job. They got B.Young some weapons on offense with D.Johnson and X.Legette to go with with Theilen, Mingo and Marshall and got J.Sanders in the draft to compete with Tremble at TE. Also brought in a couple top guards to take care of the inside of the OL. It all depends on Bryce Young take a big step forward.