***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm actually pretty high on the Panthers this year. I'm a big Dave Canales fan and wanted the Bears to go after him for our OC job before he got the Carolina HC job. They got B.Young some weapons on offense with D.Johnson and X.Legette to go with with Theilen, Mingo and Marshall and got J.Sanders in the draft to compete with Tremble at TE. Also brought in a couple top guards to take care of the inside of the OL. It all depends on Bryce Young take a big step forward.
We’ll see. Also, they traded Burns. Their defense did not get better.

2nd year QB already in his second offensive system…

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The good news? It just meant the price of that other defensive end the Bears had last year was likely set and the Bears could be in a position to re-sign him. The bad news? He might not have passed his physical in Miami.
Ogbah did play in Miami last year so could just be bringing the guy back that they have familiarity with.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Listed as our backup SS right now. He played 83% and 70% of the defensive snaps last two years and a lot of special teams as well for the packers last year. 28 starts the last two seasons.

I'm guessing he's a lock to make the team.
Yeah pretty sure our #3 safety is already locked in.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We’ll see. Also, they traded Burns. Their defense did not get better.

2nd year QB already in his second offensive system…
Yeah i see the offense getting much better and the defense taking a step back which is the right way to do if one side of the ball has to take a step back because it should be all about finding out if B.Young is your franchise QB or not.

I do like their back 7 especially their secondary. Don't know where the QB pressure will come from though.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Typically this means you have 2 mediocre guys playing out for their spot.

I don’t mind guys competing but I’d much rather say hey this guy is clearly the better player and he’s going to play.

Also likely scarred from how bad this position/o line in general has been for nearly a decade now.

Well... maybe they both turn out to be mediocre. Or worse.

But I don't think you can necessarily make that determination based on Flus making them compete.

It has been a Flus pattern to make guys earn it in practice, regardless of potential or previous success. We seen Flus put lots of players in competition, almost everyone not named Nate Davis (fuck that guy). Shit Jaylon Johnson was demoted to second team for a minute. Jenkins too. And others.

I think Flus and Poles are into making guys earn their spot and I'm with that. And don't think it necessarily means they're just trying to sift trash

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I really hope Poles has something up his sleeve for edge…. They should have been in on this IMO

And if he did make a thread we wouldn’t have touched it
He probably wanted to go back to MIA at this point. Like it says, he spent the past for years there.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not clueless you moron, both can be true.

Or did you miss the screengrab of our amazing center blocking our guard?
You're trying to use one failure to generalize the offensive line problems that occurred for the entire 2023 season. I mean good for you that you're letting one play define everything you opine about the offensive line. You're so desperate to excuse Justin Fields even now. And you're already trying to take a fair and well balanced albeit extremely critical approach to Caleb Williams which is hilarious. I mean by now you should just quit the board, go be a Steelers fan because you'll be much happier.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm not clueless you moron, both can be true.

Or did you miss the screengrab of our amazing center blocking our guard?
We should forgive anyone who cannot remember the center play from last year. It is likely the result of blunt-force-trauma from running through a wall in displeasure.

Lollipop long-snaps will do that to ya. I cannot stress the importance of wearing a helmet enough.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Well... maybe they both turn out to be mediocre. Or worse.

But I don't think you can necessarily make that determination based on Flus making them compete.

It has been a Flus pattern to make guys earn it in practice, regardless of potential or previous success. We seen Flus put lots of players in competition, almost everyone not named Nate Davis (fuck that guy). Shit Jaylon Johnson was demoted to second team for a minute. Jenkins too. And others.

I think Flus and Poles are into making guys earn their spot and I'm with that. And don't think it necessarily means they're just trying to sift trash
I never really saw the JJ thing or the jenkens thing as an actual camp battle, certainly not with JJ as it never felt like he was competing for a spot. Those were both more of attitude checks for these guys imo. Didn’t they cite the reason for jenkens demotion as poor effort on Wednesdays? That was actually a complete joke considering they would be willing to play a lesser player.

With JJ wasn’t it a lack of commitment to the SHITS principle or some nonsense like that which lasted a week?

I don’t mind making a player earn position but at this point I have little faith in poles considering he is on record for “liking what we have at center” last year, which went so poorly neither guy is on the roster.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Its prob gonna be yannick at like 4-5m and theyll call it a day.

If this team comes out hot they'll trade for someone with that panthers 2nd rounder.
Yeah, I think that is it, now Poles has a base salary to work with, and Yannick knows he is not getting 10 mil. this year.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Listed as our backup SS right now. He played 83% and 70% of the defensive snaps last two years and a lot of special teams as well for the packers last year. 28 starts the last two seasons.

I'm guessing he's a lock to make the team.
Wow, he played a hell of a lot more than I thought.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's so nice to hear day in and day out that Caleb is doing so many of the fundamental QB things correctly.

It feels like the media is overselling it when in reality it's nice to finally take pleasure in the simple things that Caleb Williams does right.

Whether it's Dan Wiederer Chris Emma or Teven Jenkins the reports are all consistent, Caleb Williams knows how to play the position.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I never really saw the JJ thing or the jenkens thing as an actual camp battle, certainly not with JJ as it never felt like he was competing for a spot. Those were both more of attitude checks for these guys imo. Didn’t they cite the reason for jenkens demotion as poor effort on Wednesdays? That was actually a complete joke considering they would be willing to play a lesser player.

With JJ wasn’t it a lack of commitment to the SHITS principle or some nonsense like that which lasted a week?

I don’t mind making a player earn position but at this point I have little faith in poles considering he is on record for “liking what we have at center” last year, which went so poorly neither guy is on the roster.

Our resident football expert stated that prisonbreak michael schoffield was brought off the street one day before camp to be the starting RG instead of tev jenkins.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's so nice to hear day in and day out that Caleb is doing so many of the fundamental QB things correctly.

It feels like the media is overselling it when in reality it's nice to finally take pleasure in the simple things that Caleb Williams does right.

Whether it's Dan Wiederer Chris Emma or Teven Jenkins the reports are all consistent, Caleb Williams knows how to play the position.

I'll believe it when it happens on the field. The media also slurped mitches and fields dick at this point of rookie camp until the actual games started.

Most QB's should look good in camp with no pads on. Caleb has exceptional physical gifts so obviously he will look great throwing in shorts.