***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He said a lot of crazy stuff on his old account(BearsFan51). Was the biggest meatball on here.

I didnt know Biff was him until recently. He switched usernames and went from a giant optimistic meatball to shitting on every bears player. Did the halftime/shitstain villain arch.
I would prefer the giant optimistic meatball.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't know he said Jordan Howard was the best Bears RB since Walter Payton.

What an insult to Matt Forte.
Walter was Da Man. But Neal Anderson was the most explosive Bears running back I've witnessed in my lifetime. Gale Sayers was a baaaad man also, but I didn't actually watch him play; I just watched his "Just give me 18 inches of daylight; that's all I need." footage.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Walter was Da Man. But Neal Anderson was the most explosive Bears running back I've witnessed in my lifetime. Gale Sayers was a baaaad man also, but I didn't actually watch him play; I just watched his "Just give me 18 inches of daylight; that's all I need." footage.
Forte might not have had that immediate acceleration, but he was good at everything and I would stack him with Neal Anderson for a comparison.

They had comparably long careers - maybe it is Forte is nearer in time but I put Forte at #3 on the Bears all-time RB list (after Payton and Sayers, of course).

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I cant say I remember any of the reports from the first training camp, but fields shit on teams preseason and the media was slurping on his dick when he said it was "easy". Then he sucked.

Maybe a guy like daniel who has all day to watch tape can dig up old TC reports from 2017/2021 and see how the media talked about both of our bums.

To be fair, both guys were also 2nd/3rd string to start camp while caleb is 1st string.

I get being cautious with our history, and you won't catch any flak from me for it, but I think what I've read so far is pretty encouraging. I mean Dan W is a well known Negative Nancy type and even he was saying good stuff.

We shall see. It's one week in and this is a long (maybe years) process.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What narrative, you legit made a thread talking shit about him.

Are you already forgetting what you posted a month ago? Are the school bus fumes damaging your brane?

You also said Jordan Howard was the best RB on the bears since sweetness. Giant meatball status. You went from slurping every bears dick to shitting on everyone.

Weird AF guy you are
You realize being critical of him is not the same as calling him a bust? I know you rarely can make any distinctions but critical analysis is not the same as saying he's a bust.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I don’t remember Mitch but with Justin I remember a lot of negative from the media. It was actually pissing off a lot of fans and they kept having to say stuff like “guys we’re just reporting what we’re seeing.”
This is exactly right. Media was hard on the O in closed practice, last two years, and showing concern. It really got people in a twist and they were right.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So I must be misremembering - I thought he had a connection with ARob down the sideline that we were all getting hyped for.

Personally, I want to preach that Caleb should be given every break reasonable on his rookie year. This is the first time he is getting hit by grown men with years of NFL experience and training, his first time needing to hit "NFL Open" and the biggest fanbase he has yet had. Let him use this year to set up expectations for the next.
I recall lots of overthrows, but that just might be me and my addled mind.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is exactly right. Media was hard on the O in closed practice, last two years, and showing concern. It really got people in a twist and they were right.
im talking about rookie years. I recall a lot of media slurping of fields in rookie camp. Cant remember all the way back to when turdbiscuit was a rookie tho.

But as mentioned, it would not be the same as Mitch and Fields were 2nd/3rd stringers as rookies.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Honestly had no clue the guy was a starter. Every report I've heard about him has been about his wife.

His passer rating against looks like butt(115-120), but he's a 3rd safety who seems to tackle well. I'll take it over having a rookie UDFA be your backup like last year.
In the little I saw him last year he looked like he played fairly well with the Packers. Good guy to come in off the bench in case of injury.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I cant say I remember any of the reports from the first training camp, but fields shit on teams preseason and the media was slurping on his dick when he said it was "easy". Then he sucked.

Maybe a guy like daniel who has all day to watch tape can dig up old TC reports from 2017/2021 and see how the media talked about both of our bums.

To be fair, both guys were also 2nd/3rd string to start camp while caleb is 1st string.

I dont know about shit on teams in preseason either. He had some flashes but he wasn't exactly shitting on anyone. Took that hit from a Bills player that he did not even see blitzing off the edge that preseason

Fields training camp last season was pretty much "why are we not seeing throws down the field"

greg23

Liked Posts:

Easy to rank top 8 in my opinion:

1)Payton

2)Sayers

next tier:
Forte/Anderson (in that order likely)

next tier:
Jones/Montgomery (in that order likely)

next tier:
Howard/ATrain (in that order likely)

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I didn't know he said Jordan Howard was the best Bears RB since Walter Payton.

What an insult to Matt Forte.
I made a prediction that Jordan Howard would be the best RB since Walter Payton. I took a gamble on my prediction thinking he might be here for a while and be consistent.

Forte and then Neal Anderson clearly the best running backs since Payton. Howard got dinged up with injuries and was out of the league. What's so bad with predicting greatness from a guy when he did show signs of being great? Howard was a stud.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He said a lot of crazy stuff on his old account(BearsFan51). Was the biggest meatball on here.

I didnt know Biff was him until recently. He switched usernames and went from a giant optimistic meatball to shitting on every bears player. Did the halftime/shitstain villain arch.
No I just shit on Justin Fields and then wonder why guys like Gervon Dexter with his 32.8 grade against the run are lauded by the people on this board.

The Bears have some good players and some players who haven't proven a damn thing and then a QB that is already looking better than Justin Fields by all accounts.

You're so mad that he's already better than Justin Fields that you're beside yourself because Justin was your personal hero.

You have this prove it to me on the field demand of Caleb Williams but loved Justin Fields when he never proved a fucking thing.