***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
His pocket presence is incredible I just hope he limits the fumbles

Just stop. Log off for the day. You never liked Caleb Williams at any point. Stop trying to act like you're cautiously optimistic. You were the lead antagonist of Caleb Williams up to the day they traded Justin Fields. Then you realized how pathetic that was.

You are so laughably pathetic with how much you hated Caleb Williams.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just stop. Log off for the day. You never liked Caleb Williams at any point. Stop trying to act like you're cautiously optimistic. You were the lead antagonist of Caleb Williams up to the day they traded Justin Fields. Then you realized how pathetic that was.

You are so laughably pathetic with how much you hated Caleb Williams.

Having doubts for a player does not mean you hate him.

Most of my concerns are valid. I never criticized the player, I just criticized moving on from fields.

Caleb played in a conference known for terrible defense and also had a lot of similar issues fields had in college(and the pros).

msadows

Liked Posts:
I still have the same concerns. Especially considering the last two top hyped QB's(Bryce, Lawrence) have not lived up to the hype.

This franchise has also destroyed plenty of talented QB's, so until I see it happen I'm going to have doubts

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I made a prediction that Jordan Howard would be the best RB since Walter Payton. I took a gamble on my prediction thinking he might be here for a while and be consistent.

Forte and then Neal Anderson clearly the best running backs since Payton. Howard got dinged up with injuries and was out of the league. What's so bad with predicting greatness from a guy when he did show signs of being great? Howard was a stud.
There is nothing wrong with predicting it! I mean, curiosity reigns, what had you think that at the time?

I am glad to hear that you have not always been so endlessly negative.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There is nothing wrong with predicting it! I mean, curiosity reigns, what had you think that at the time?

He changed his persona when he saw how much fun black rainbow was having.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He changed his persona when he saw how much fun black rainbow was having.
Maybe but I don't see the link. Black Rainbow's act isn't typically to play the victim.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I made a prediction that Jordan Howard would be the best RB since Walter Payton. I took a gamble on my prediction thinking he might be here for a while and be consistent.

Forte and then Neal Anderson clearly the best running backs since Payton. Howard got dinged up with injuries and was out of the league. What's so bad with predicting greatness from a guy when he did show signs of being great? Howard was a stud.
Different era. Running backs just aren’t used as commonly as they were in Payton’s era. Their diminished value in the league is only going to make Payton-type backs even more rare.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:

He actually is lying, this is exactly what he said:

RB: Jordan Howard's run of dominance is just beginning, he's the best RB since Walter Payton and will push to equal Payton's success over their first six years in the league. No, Howard will not be as great as Payton was long term, but his next year's could look a lot like Walter's first six.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Different era. Running backs just aren’t used as commonly as they were in Payton’s era. Their diminished value in the league is only go to make Payton-type backs even more rare.

Which is why the lions taking a SAM linebacker and a change of pace back in the top 20 is insane.

Good for us tho, right? Even if Gibbs is a top 10 RB its still stupid when you could have had a DT, WR,DE or traded up for a QB.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He actually is lying, this is exactly what he said:

RB: Jordan Howard's run of dominance is just beginning, he's the best RB since Walter Payton and will push to equal Payton's success over their first six years in the league. No, Howard will not be as great as Payton was long term, but his next year's could look a lot like Walter's first six.

MMM sorry but balls-and-strikes, that looks like a typical meatball who is excited to see a draft pick take 5+ YPC and 1300+ yards over 13 starts, and making a bold prediction. That is far different. I'd rather have that than baseless BS on some of Chicago's more talented young players.

I mean, come on, if you got to choose - Positive-Meatball Danny or Contemptuous Danny-Downer? I know which I'd rather have around.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jesus Tapdancing Christ - is this a trick of perspective or did he get some real air here??

Prob a combo of both, dude is a freak athlete at the middle linebacker position. Ran a faster 40 than urlacher

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Prob a combo of both, dude is a freak athlete at the middle linebacker position. Ran a faster 40 than urlacher
slightly on topic - Maybe we can get Simone Biles to play FS for a practice and see her acrobatic interceptions!