***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Prob a combo of both, dude is a freak athlete at the middle linebacker position. Ran a faster 40 than urlacher
Can he jump out of a pool though?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That's like all @Black Rainbow does. He shits on everything with his pessimism and then runs away and reports to the mods when people start making fun of him.
I thought his schtick was to say things that are intentionally moronic to get people to correct him, then digs his heels in and starts some childish vortex.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's been effortlessly moving the offense down the field during the two minute drill. When Justin Fields couldn't even get the offense in position Caleb Williams put points on the board during the two minute drill yesterday and had them down at the 10 for a two minute drill today. The scenario was down by 4. Defense made good plays on the ball in tight quarters. I'll take going 0-4 in the red zone from the rookie QB so long as he continuously gets the offense in position to score. Better to have a chance in the red zone than to never get there in the first place ala Justin Fields.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Forte might not have had that immediate acceleration, but he was good at everything and I would stack him with Neal Anderson for a comparison.

They had comparably long careers - maybe it is Forte is nearer in time but I put Forte at #3 on the Bears all-time RB list (after Payton and Sayers, of course).
Maybe in your lifetime. There are a few hall of famers who would be above Forte on any historians list

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I thought his schtick was to say things that are intentionally moronic to get people to correct him, then digs his heels in and starts some childish vortex.
Oh he definitely does that. But when people start going in on him in response by pointing out that he's a low life prison scumbag, he runs away, plays the victim, and reports everyone to the mods.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Also puts you on fake ignore

He's just bitter from being on house arrest with an ankle monitor. He can't leave his mom's basement when I'm visiting her which is pretty funny tbh.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Maybe in your lifetime. There are a few hall of famers who would be above Forte on any historians list
Second in my lifetime, if only because everybody knows Sayers is right up there. Alas, born too late.

Let's line up the highlight reels and pop the popcorn!

Canth

Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Where are the mods when it's the same certain people absolutely ruining a thread when those people are going after someone the mods don't like?

I mean shit this is our training camp thread and the last 3-4 pages have been @DanielCCSBears and @msadows going after each other but because it's @DanielCCSBears the mods are just sitting back and enjoying it.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I thought this was a good write up from today.

Interesting comment right at the end made by Billings about the Center competition - 2 different body types with one guy being quick and the other being really strong.
Maybe it's the meatball in me, and I know very little about this offense and blocking schemes and whatnot, but I would prefer the center to be strong. I think that comes from seeing so many years of A-gap pressure.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Where are the mods when it's the same certain people absolutely ruining a thread when those people are going after someone the mods don't like?

I mean shit this is our training camp thread and the last 3-4 pages have been @DanielCCSBears and @msadows going after each other but because it's @DanielCCSBears the mods are just sitting back and enjoying it.

Contrary to popular belief we do have lives outside of here.

@msadows and @DanielCCSBears please get a room and take it somewhere else.

Thanks.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I tried to talk about Caleb and the two minute drill 🤷‍♂️