***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey guys did you hear about Matt Eberflus new haircut? Did you hear about his white jeans? Did you hear he grew a beard? Did you hear he's more media savvy?

COACH OF THE YEAR!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit @DanielCCSBears is in so many of you guys' heads. This is the worst training camp thread we've had in a while because of it. He does say some stupid shit with the latest being him not even knowing they were practicing in pads but just use the ignore function or use the adult ignore function and don't respond. I mean i get that it gets you a ton of likes to go after him and @Black Rainbow (nobody knows this more than @msadows) but i don't understand why those likes are so needed by you guys.

I mean i'm possibly/definitely the most well liked poster on here so i guess i could mentor him some for you guys so he could be on a more positive note around here if you guys like? Dislike that.
Agreed.

I encourage posters who cannot handle dissenting opinions to put me on ignore, so the board is not ruined by constant personal attacks.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Any concerns about Braxton Jones not practicing?
Did I miss a camp note on him being injured?

Injuries to any OL starter right now - it depends. This team has a depth problem on the OL and Larry Borom and Co can use the extra reps. Lingering or long term injuries are a different story. So if they have a tight hammy or something, give them rest.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Did I miss a camp note on him being injured?

Injuries to any OL starter right now - it depends. This team has a depth problem on the OL and Larry Borom and Co can use the extra reps. Lingering or long term injuries are a different story. So if they have a tight hammy or something, give them rest.
You missed out on the fact that Braxton Jones missed some practices and hasn't been a full participant during the first full week of camp?

Must be all that good Gervon Dexter news...

Don't worry though it's never a concern when your starting left tackle isn't practicing in full yet.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Hey guys did you hear about Matt Eberflus new haircut? Did you hear about his white jeans? Did you hear he grew a beard? Did you hear he's more media savvy?

COACH OF THE YEAR!
No joke - It sounds like you could use a vacation to unwind. It's the end of July - if you're in Illinois, now is a fantastic time to visit Lake Superior, the Boundary Waters, or road trip the Dakotas.

There is no way you are this upset about Eberflus's pants.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No joke - It sounds like you could use a vacation to unwind. It's the end of July - if you're in Illinois, now is a fantastic time to visit Lake Superior, the Boundary Waters, or road trip the Dakotas.

There is no way you are this upset about Eberflus's pants.
I'm not upset I just find it stupid that that is still getting coverage 5 full months after it was revealed.

Screenshot_20240727-071711.png

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've said dexter was awful against the run and needs drastic improvement. You're just a bloviating douche bag and try to act like you are smarter than others when you are actually one of the dumbest bears fans on ccs.
Just wait till the pads come on.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You missed out on the fact that Braxton Jones missed some practices and hasn't been a full participant during the first full week of camp?

Must be all that good Gervon Dexter news...

Don't worry though it's never a concern when your starting left tackle isn't practicing in full yet.
To be frank, I'm travelling for work (and with a significant time zone change, sleep has been hard to come by) and at times skip several pages in this thread when there are five pages of pessimism when I'm looking for optimism. I don't want social media accounts to keep up with the up-to-the-minute conversation, so it's remarkably easy to miss something significant.

Several replies to something I said have asked for my take on Dexter, and his is a name I have been looking out for. I still don't understand why you are bent out of shape over being rosy for a second-year DL.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
But yeah, just to respond to this to repeat - at this point in time, a starting lineman missing practice is an opportunity to give your depth more rest [edit - reps]. Making any sort of big deal about it right now is kind of a waste of energy and emotion.

Unless he has some significant injury - again, no idea what the storyline on Jones is.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I'm not upset I just find it stupid that that is still getting coverage 5 full months after it was revealed.

View attachment 39519
Do you think it's possible for you to get through today without complaining about dexter or now this eberflus thing in here? And I mean no little snide comments about them while discussing other things as well. I truly don't think you can.

You've post like 100 times the last day in here and like 95 of those have included dexter even though everyone is complaining about your strange obsession with tearing down positive coverage of him. For the love of everything holy, please fuck off and just discuss other coverage like a normal human being today.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
To be frank, I'm travelling for work (and with a significant time zone change, sleep has been hard to come by) and at times skip several pages in this thread when there are five pages of pessimism when I'm looking for optimism. I don't want social media accounts to keep up with the up-to-the-minute conversation, so it's remarkably easy to miss something significant.

Several replies to something I said have asked for my take on Dexter, and his is a name I have been looking out for. I still don't understand why you are bent out of shape over being rosy for a second-year DL.

It's not your fault.

There has been little mention of it in the media as well. My tone was supposed to be more sarcastic rather than a direct attack upon you.

There's been miniscule mention of it because everyone has been focused on Dexter this week.

It's yet another example of the lazy journalism that infuriates me.

There's also another one and I don't know how credible it is because again no one has chosen to cover it.

The other bit of lazy journalism is the kid from Yale may never play a down in the NFL. Last year he tore his quadriceps muscle completely off the bone and usually when that happens there's reportedly a 50-50 chance that player never plays again.

It was only one Tweet that I read about it but it was a very well informed tweet and it made it seem very credible. So take it with a grain of salt. But yes the Bears medical staff may have fucked up so bad on a third round draft picks injury evaluation that there's a chance (I don't know how big or small) he may never play a down in the NFL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240727-082909.png
    Screenshot_20240727-082909.png
    510.8 KB · Views: 6
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Do you think it's possible for you to get through today without complaining about dexter or now this eberflus thing in here? And I mean no little snide comments about them while discussing other things as well. I truly don't think you can.

You've post like 100 times the last day in here and like 95 of those have included dexter even though everyone is complaining about your strange obsession with tearing down positive coverage of him. For the love of everything holy, please fuck off and just discuss other coverage like a normal human being today.
I was responding to someone directly thanks.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
July 27th is Official “Block this guy already” Day. If you’ve been holding off for whatever reason, today is the day.

i want to check this thread and see clips of Rome Odunze catching bombs and Tory Taylor rolling balls out at the one yard line.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not your fault.

There has been little mention of it in the media as well. My tone was supposed to be more sarcastic rather than a direct attack upon you.

There's been miniscule mention of it because everyone has been focused on Dexter this week.

It's yet another example of the lazy journalism that infuriates me.

There's also another one and I don't know how credible it is because again no one has chosen to cover it.

The other bit of lazy journalism is the kid from Yale may never play a down in the NFL. Last year he tore his quadriceps muscle completely off the bone and usually when that happens there's reportedly a 50-50 chance that player never plays again.

It was only one Tweet that I read about it but it was a very well informed tweet and it made it seem very credible. So take it with a grain of salt. But yes the Bears medical staff may have fucked up so bad on a third round draft picks injury evaluation that there's a chance (I don't know how big or small) he may never play a down in the NFL.
Holy shit. I didn't know Kiran's injury was that bad. Why the eff do we always draft injured guys?