***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I predict the offensive line in general will have a better day today.
The offensive line is better when the ball comes out on time.

I'm not going to over analyze (shocking I know) every single blown block by this unit in practice.
There will be plenty for me to react to when the games start.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Do they? Who are you referring to?
Teven Jenkins when it was revealed he would likely have a career long back problem that would cause a myriad of injuries over the course of his career. Chris Williams is another case. There are others I'm missing that I can't think of off the top of my head. I think Bazuin was another one with his knee.

They've had the same medical staff for a very long time.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Sooo…….

About Wright.

Hoge and Jahns mentioned in their last pod that Wright may not be having the camp everyone was hoping for? They’re literally the only ones I’ve heard say this. (And they weren’t trashing him or anything) But I’m hoping with the pads on we hear some good stuff about Wright this week. He absolutely has to take a step forward for this to work.
I mean reading the daily tweets, he's been getting beaten consistently by sweat and occasionally Martin beats him too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You know the cap more than I do but how can they even afford allen next year and not end up hurting other parts of the team?

Depends on how guys progress. If Dexter is legit and Booker shows some promise then you dont really need a lot in FA given our draft capital.

So you have 47m in cap space and Allen, Jenkins, Herbert and Sanborn are our biggest FAs. So you could easily sign Allen and Jenkins with that. Assuming of course you dont need to extend Moore because he isnt crying for a new deal. You can target signing him midseason of 2025 similar to Jenkins this year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just to stir the pot…

What if Rome goes off as a legit young WR1?

Keenan plays well and signs a 2-3 year deal at a reasonable rate. (Great WR’s like him can play well into mid 30’s)

Scott becomes a good #3 on a rookie deal?

Cole and Swift do their jobs.

Do you trade DJ next year if someone gives you a high pick?

He’s still under contract in 2025.

I would certainly consider it if I can get a high 2nd or low first.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Short answer is no, I would not trade DJ next year.

If DJ and Keenan both have good years and Scott looks like he can be a #3, I would put the resources into DJ and let Keenan walk.

I also don't think there is any way that Keenan would take a below market deal if he has another top 10 production year in the NFL.

His age means his market is closer to 17-20m whereas DJs is 27-32m.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Teven Jenkins when it was revealed he would likely have a career long back problem that would cause a myriad of injuries over the course of his career. Chris Williams is another case. There are others I'm missing that I can't think of off the top of my head. I think Bazuin was another one with his knee.

They've had the same medical staff for a very long time.

None of the above were drafted by Poles so pretty irrelevant. Should I blame you for the failures of whoever had your job before you?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
To be frank, I'm travelling for work (and with a significant time zone change, sleep has been hard to come by) and at times skip several pages in this thread when there are five pages of pessimism when I'm looking for optimism. I don't want social media accounts to keep up with the up-to-the-minute conversation, so it's remarkably easy to miss something significant.

Several replies to something I said have asked for my take on Dexter, and his is a name I have been looking out for. I still don't understand why you are bent out of shape over being rosy for a second-year DL.
Since you are now Frank ...

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
None of the above were drafted by Poles so pretty irrelevant. Should I blame you for the failures of whoever had your job before you?
The medical staff. What part of the medical staff being wrong are you not getting? The medical staff clears them and then an injury report gets leaked out and everyone goes WTF is wrong with the Bears?

Yeah it's a team effort.