***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Canth

Liked Posts:
Noah Sewell is one that we have never really heard from. Just a 5th round pick, but he seems to have been one that is always hurt.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sooo…….

About Wright.

Hoge and Jahns mentioned in their last pod that Wright may not be having the camp everyone was hoping for? They’re literally the only ones I’ve heard say this. (And they weren’t trashing him or anything) But I’m hoping with the pads on we hear some good stuff about Wright this week. He absolutely has to take a step forward for this to work.
I predict the offensive line in general will have a better day today.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Another thing I would add that is more of a concern for me now than entering camp is the OL. I know this defense is expected to be pretty damn good, based on how they finished last season. But it seems like too common of a theme right now of the DL winning the line of scrimmage. I know pads only came on yesterday and DL has the advantage and all that. But...

I expected this OL to be serviceable. Not light's out or anything, but serviceable. We will see what really happens when the games start, but right now that is by far my biggest concern, even more than pass rusher now.
I think the only real issue with the OL is health and if one of Bates or Shelton can be good as the starter. We know B.Jones isn't great but is good and you can win with him at LT, hopefully he gets better with the bull rush. T.Jenkins is a stud and his only real issue is health. Bates/Shelton just be good. N.Davis can play and showed that in Tenn and when he was healthy last year, he wasn't great when he played but was good but he never played enough to really get in a groove. Wright will be a stud at RT.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just to stir the pot…

What if Rome goes off as a legit young WR1?

Keenan plays well and signs a 2-3 year deal at a reasonable rate. (Great WR’s like him can play well into mid 30’s)

Scott becomes a good #3 on a rookie deal?

Cole and Swift do their jobs.

Do you trade DJ next year if someone gives you a high pick?

He’s still under contract in 2025.
No, DJ needs to be re-signed IMO. Keenan is going to want $30+ a year. Rome will be our new #1A and hopefully Scoot takes the #3 spot.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sooo…….

About Wright.

Hoge and Jahns mentioned in their last pod that Wright may not be having the camp everyone was hoping for? They’re literally the only ones I’ve heard say this. (And they weren’t trashing him or anything) But I’m hoping with the pads on we hear some good stuff about Wright this week. He absolutely has to take a step forward for this to work.

That would be shitty news.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'd try to keep this WR room together as long as possible—all five: DJM, Allen, Odunze, Scott, and even Jones. They all have a role to play.