***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
His age means his market is closer to 17-20m whereas DJs is 27-32m.
Keenan will absolutely get more than $20 mil per and i'll take a guy in DJ Moore who stays healthy at 28 years old over a oft injured Keenan Allen at 33 years old all day every day.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Just to stir the pot…

What if Rome goes off as a legit young WR1?

Keenan plays well and signs a 2-3 year deal at a reasonable rate. (Great WR’s like him can play well into mid 30’s)

Scott becomes a good #3 on a rookie deal?

Cole and Swift do their jobs.

Do you trade DJ next year if someone gives you a high pick?

He’s still under contract in 2025.
I say 99% chance no trade.....but a good GM will always make a move if they believe it will make the team better. However, I don't see how getting rid of DJ would make the team better.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So when do ya'll start to panic? Looks like the starting offense has been terrible all camp in 11v11's

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Follow up to add - Chicago has no dead weight on the books and is expecting nearly $60M in cap space next season.

I'd honestly would predict that Chicago makes a splash signing next year on a player to really increase the competitiveness of the team. If Williams is the real deal, then the next step is to close in on winning the division.

The ideal target is coming off his rookie contract, so that you can expect that he will remain productive for the length of the deal you sign him to. Maybe another closer of a pass rusher, a young man who might not want to stay with the team who drafted him, or if the team has significant cap hurdles to clear. I could even see a trade-and-sign situation while Williams is cheap, if the rest of the team really does look poised for a run. (I happen to be hinting at someone I have in mind - not likely but it would be the equivalent of trading for Mack several years ago)
Imo...the only chance of a splash signing is if the DE opposite Sweat isn't settled after this season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, DJ needs to be re-signed IMO. Keenan is going to want $30+ a year. Rome will be our new #1A and hopefully Scoot takes the #3 spot.
Keenan may want that but ain’t nobody giving him $30 million at his age.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Imo...the only chance of a splash signing is if the DE opposite Sweat isn't settled after this season.

My wet dream is the cowboys being absolute ass this year and doing a firesale.

Micah, Ceedee and Dak all want to be the highest paid at their position. One of them is likely to go, but my guess is it would be lamb. Easy to find WR's nowadays compared to an edge as good as parsons.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Offensive line is always a problem.

Haven't been decent since the Superbowl loss to the Colts.

We had the best interior ol in the nfl that season where jordan love made Daniel think he was the best RB since walter payton. Long, Whitehair, Sitton