Official Cubs Hot Stove Offseason Thread VOL 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
i disagree we are 10-12 players away...i believe we are 3 good moves away. First we need a number 1 SP (Lee,Grienke)... 1B (A-Gone, Paulie, LaRoche(not big fan of but would help us) .....lastly a RHP Setup (Wood,Jenks,Crain)....i think just 3 good moves in these positions puts the cubs contending for NLC....Dont tell me that this team might be good enough to contend in NLC but not WS...to me if you get in anything can happen. Rather get in and get swept then not get in. Yes it would cost some money for these guys. There is no reason why CHC couldnt have 145-150 mil payroll. BOS,PHI will and we in bigger market.

Dewitt 2B
Castro SS
A-Ram 3B
A-Gone 1B
Byrd CF
Soriano LF
Colvin RF
Soto C

Lee
Demp
Big Z
Wells
ROOKIE

Marmol
Wood
Marshall
Cashner
Grabow
Mixture of guys

this could contend for NLC:clap:

i agree this team could contend but it is not going to happen unfortunatly:obama:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bedard to M's.
Dodgers trying to re-sign Padilla.

1 off, another could be off. But, the Cubs were said to have no interest in Padilla.

JH SIGN Webb!!

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I'm fine with the Baker signing. It's a small contract and he did kill lefties. Also, he can play everywhere.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ya, good deal.

If they tendered contracts to all the others, does that just mean they have an offer or have been signed?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya, good deal.

If they tendered contracts to all the others, does that just mean they have an offer or have been signed?

They just offered contracts. Hill could says he's going to arb, and the Cubs will likely release him. But, I expect him to accept the offer. He will only get a minor league offer on the FA market.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Koyie.. also not a big fan of Faker

Hill might be re-signed, but he won't have a guarantee spot on the orster come ST. He'll have to compete and if he loses, he'll be release. You can't complain about the signing of Baker. 1.175...

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hill might be re-signed, but he won't have a guarantee spot on the orster come ST. He'll have to compete and if he loses, he'll be release. You can't complain about the signing of Baker. 1.175...

Yeah I can..

Look at his splits.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The M's are going to non-tender Jose Lopez. His stats aren't great, but he can play 3B, SS, 2B, 1B and OF. He'll be cheap and could be a nice signing if the Cubs trade Ramirez, etc. I've a fan of him for a long time and wouldn't mind him on a cheap 1 year contrace. Maybe 3M, like he made last year. I think Hudson will command more and get more on the market.

Traded to Rockies...per rotoworld

Rockies acquired INF Jose Lopez from the Mariners for RHP Chaz Roe.

Roe did not post good numbers at the Triple-A level in 2010, but he's only 24 years old and has a far more promising future than Lopez, who finished with a .266/.297/.400 batting line this past season. Maybe a change of scenery will help Lopez. He does have a decent power stroke for an infielder and should rack up a few more dingers while playing half of his games at Coors Field. Dec. 2 - 10:40 pm et

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
i dont know how realistic that is, but its a damn good looking team

If the owner would spend money this isnt unrealistic at all...U pay Lee for 5 years....u got the specs to trade for A-Gone and then sign a Wood to 2 year 5 mil per year....Agone dont make shit...only like 6 mil...so Lee at lest say 22 mil.....so 33 mil added to payroll...right now were at 104 without arb...got 6 guys left..so lets say that gets up to 118....so u add that 33 mil and sitting at 151 mil..Theres NO REASON y CHC shouldnt be able to spend that much being in 2nd biggest market in baseball. So it is realistic. Just wont happen cause owner a CHEAP ASS. So theres ur 3 moves that makes this team a contender right now. So fans dont have to wait for all these specs to turn out if they even do.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the owner would spend money this isnt unrealistic at all...U pay Lee for 5 years....u got the specs to trade for A-Gone and then sign a Wood to 2 year 5 mil per year....Agone dont make shit...only like 6 mil...so Lee at lest say 22 mil.....so 33 mil added to payroll...right now were at 104 without arb...got 6 guys left..so lets say that gets up to 118....so u add that 33 mil and sitting at 151 mil..Theres NO REASON y CHC shouldnt be able to spend that much being in 2nd biggest market in baseball. So it is realistic. Just wont happen cause owner a CHEAP ASS. So theres ur 3 moves that makes this team a contender right now. So fans dont have to wait for all these specs to turn out if they even do.

That I 100% agree with, alot of Cub fans think that all of their highly regarded spects are going to be these super allstars....It is mostly comprised of the younger fans. NOT all prospects turn out to be gold.fact.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
This might make a little more sense, the Cubs could trade a catcher. That's why 4 catchers are on their 40 man roster. One could be gone soon.

The Cubs could be closing in on a trade for Chris Davis of Texas. Sources say Davis could be coming to the Cubs soon. Per Bleacher Nation.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I heard the same thing waldo.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That I 100% agree with, alot of Cub fans think that all of their highly regarded spects are going to be these super allstars....It is mostly comprised of the younger fans. NOT all prospects turn out to be gold.fact.

I think most of the young"ish" cub fans learned with Patterson and Pie that it doesn't work that way.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
The Padres could be close to signing Aaron Harang. Another option could be lost. C'mon JH!

Status
Not open for further replies.