***Official*** Cuts and Practice Squad Thread

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Can we cut @JordanSigler ????
fucking sucks scrolling thru pages and pages to find an old thread somewhere...go see for yourselves.. pointless threads started by him and it's distrubing.
The "Ignore " feature on the forum is really nice. I must have 20 idiots/trolls on ignore, and it makes for a much nicer time when I visit the site. It doesn't block the irate responses to the ignored posters, which actually makes it more entertaining while at the same time validates the use of the ignore feature.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
hope the jets cut leonard taylor iii and bears are able to claim him

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

I'd be surprised if another team bothers giving gregory a chance

Yeah I saw that too and thought it was strange that he never even bothered to report. People make a lot of stupid decisions until they've had to go a few years without a multi-million dollar annual salary and are trying to hold onto their houses.

I saw some interesting comments about Judon wearing out his welcome in NE before being traded as well. I will be very surprised if he remains a content high-performer in the ATL.

Id be shocked if judon isn't really productive and a good teammate. I've never heard anything about him other than he's a great teammate.

He may have worn out his welcome in that teams including NE are trying to extend him at a bargain rate coming off a season ending injury at 32. But I think hes betting on himself to be productive and get paid based on his on field production this year

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Why would the Jets cut taylor though? Am i missing a joke or something here?
because there isnt enough room...10 DL is what saleh has used since his time with the jets and if its not taylor then i'll take one of the edge players they'll have to waive. i prefer taylor as he would fit a bigger need for the bears.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be surprised if another team bothers giving gregory a chance

Id be shocked if judon isn't really productive and a good teammate. I've never heard anything about him other than he's a great teammate.

He may have worn out his welcome in that teams including NE are trying to extend him at a bargain rate coming off a season ending injury at 32. But I think hes betting on himself to be productive and get paid based on his on field production this year
Either way, the good news is, time will tell the tale. And he didn't want to be a Bear, so I'm not concerned either way. But I saw an interview of him in the sidelines of the last Falcons game, and I'll just reiterate that I am happy he signed elsewhere.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Either way, the good news is, time will tell the tale. And he didn't want to be a Bear, so I'm not concerned either way. But I saw an interview of him in the sidelines of the last Falcons game, and I'll just reiterate that I am happy he signed elsewhere.
Hes a quiet guy, so I'm sure his interview was pretty reserved.

If hard knocks is accurate, the Bears didn't make the trade because he wouldn't sign an extension (hence my comment he feels he's being lowballed and is betting on himself in a contract season).

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I realized that the Bears tried to sign him, etc. He might go on to have a great season on what I think is an underrated Atlanta team. But he's also 32 years old. Nobody is going to sign this dude to a big money, long-term contract because the drop-off is coming. It's just that nobody knows when it will hit. But no one wants to be holding the bag when it does hit (kinda like what happened when Robert Quinn's performance dropped off).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
because there isnt enough room...10 DL is what saleh has used since his time with the jets and if its not taylor then i'll take one of the edge players they'll have to waive. i prefer taylor as he would fit a bigger need for the bears.
If it was Taylor then i think they could trade him without having to cut him and now that Poles has already traded for a DE and a DT i don't think he would do that but Taylor would be a nice get for us.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If it was Taylor then i think they could trade him without having to cut him and now that Poles has already traded for a DE and a DT i don't think he would do that but Taylor would be a nice get for us.
Taylor was an UDFA this year. I think you may be overrating his value. Teams passed on his 7 times 4 months ago. I doubt they are trading for him now

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Were you shocked about the result yesterday?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Taylor was an UDFA this year. I think you may be overrating his value. Teams passed on his 7 times 4 months ago. I doubt they are trading for him now
Maybe but he was projected to get drafted in like the 3rd round by many before the draft got underway so maybe a team would give them a late pick for him but you could be right.