*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Jaguars are smart if they want Pep. He could help develop their 1st round pick, who didn't play too well last year. I think ultimately he probably stays with Lovie if Lovie gets the job.

This should be easy for the Texans. They obviously want McCown and are afraid of the backlash because he hasn't even coached a high school team before. He's an assistant for his son's high school. They should make him the QB coach under whomever they hire. Have him move up to OC and then finally hire him as the HC
Bring Josh home! Assistant to the QB coach.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Flores is disrespecting Lovie, big time here.

He is right though. Lovie was a last minute interview after the lawsuit made Flores and McCown risky hires.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is right though. Lovie was a last minute interview after the lawsuit made Flores and McCown risky hires.
Its not just the lawsuit by itself. Its divulging private communication with another coach and throwing the owner under the bus whether its true or not. He also dissed another team about their interview.

My point tho is him throwing Lovie under the bus and basically saying Lovie is second rate to himself.

You can file a lawsuit and be professional about things, or you can file a lawsuit and be very public about private comms.

I wouldn't hire him either. He's a liability at this point. You have no idea if what you tell him will stay confidential.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Its not just the lawsuit by itself. Its divulging private communication with another coach and throwing the owner under the bus whether its true or not. He also dissed another team about their interview.

My point tho is him throwing Lovie under the bus and basically saying Lovie is second rate to himself.

You can file a lawsuit and be professional about things, or you can file a lawsuit and be very public about private comms.

I wouldn't hire him either. He's a liability at this point. You have no idea if what you tell him will stay confidential.

So you wanted him to file a lawsuit without stating his claims?

He didnt claim Lovie was 2nd rate. If Lovie was always a part of the coaching search then that would be one thing but they have been searching for a coach for what like a month and somehow the guy that has been in the building all season gets a last minute invite and the job.

So not questioning Lovie's ability or credentials. He is questioning why Lovie appeared out of nowhere really as a candidate.

Discovery is going to be interesting in this instance if Lovie's name didnt come up until after the lawsuit and if they are communications nixing McCown because of the lawsuit.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The fact he quit is the only reason we may have a shot at him. Also he clearly had mental health issues so if he is honest in discussions as to what happened and lays out a plan for putting it behind him then so be it.
Just my two cents (basically worthless) is that I would rather take a chance on a WR who is recovering from a physical injury than a mental injury.

Once the physical injury heals, the player will eventually not worry about it. That is not the case for a mental injury. It is an injury that will always have a chance of coming back.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
We are going to have some real shitty receivers next year
I hope they really really really figure some shit out and get lucky af. I want Fields to have some damn weapons.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just my two cents (basically worthless) is that I would rather take a chance on a WR who is recovering from a physical injury than a mental injury.

Once the physical injury heals, the player will eventually not worry about it. That is not the case for a mental injury. It is an injury that will always have a chance of coming back.

Sure but again that is why you do your due diligence. You are getting paid millions to figure this shit out.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Flores is just out for himself. That’s been plainly obvious from the start…
It's why I wanted other people to join the lawsuit.

Flores does make some valid points but his character is going to get so assassinated they'll be able to make this sound like a vindictive former coach rather than the racial problem that it is

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you wanted him to file a lawsuit without stating his claims?

He didnt claim Lovie was 2nd rate. If Lovie was always a part of the coaching search then that would be one thing but they have been searching for a coach for what like a month and someone the guy that has been in the building all season gets a last minute invite and the job.

So not questioning Lovie's ability or credentials. He is questioning why Lovie appeared out of nowhere really as a candidate.

If Flores was worried about publicity he could have his lawyers redact part of the lawsuit so it would not be in the public eye or only sue for specific things that would not compromise private communications.
He also filed on the first day of Black history month which sounds like a publicity stunt a couple of white lawyers would come up with.
It looks more like a publicity stunt than a serious lawsuit.

That's why teams are probably not going to touch him.

If I were an owner I wouldn't either. He's not that great of a coach to overcome how he handled the presenting of the lawsuit.