*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Flores is undermining what credible charges he has made by trying to now paint every circumstance and every situation as racism.

Saying his interview in Denver was obviously a sham simply based on the fact a team would dare hire someone other than him is ridiculous. Add to it the charges that Elway and company "appeared hungover"? That was stupid as hell. Even if they were, it does not help his case in any way.

He may have valid arguments in some cases, but claiming "anyone who could consider any other coach other than me is obviously a racist" is a dumb approach.

Lovie Smith would not be my choice today (neither woul Flores even before the lawsuit), but to imply it's wrong to hire a guy who went to a Super Bowl over a guy who couldn't make the playoffs? C'mon, man!

He never implied it was wrong to hire Lovie. Again the issue is Lovie only emerged after the lawsuit. Most of the reports were that it was down to Flores and McCown. Then it emerged McCown was the favorite. Then inexplicably McCown disappears and they are suddenly interviewing Lovie. The fact you guys think an org as stupid as the Texans could have kept this all under wraps is astounding.

Flores interviewed with the Saints to. Yet he did not release a statement about being passed over for the Saints because Dennis Allen the internal candidate who is white mind you was announced as a candidate 2 weeks ago. He was always apart of the process. The Saints are a better run org and every org that has ever conducted interviews with internal candidates have still announced that fact. I mean fuck the Bears even announced they interviewed Desai early in the process.

So to think the Texans hid the fact they interviewed Lovie is just stupid. They are not that smart a franchise to have hidden it from everyone. Like who the fuck fires a head coach after 1 year and then hires his right hand man?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie was with the team last year. Its not someone they just pulled out of their ass from left field.

You can seal a lawsuit. Its hard to do but you can. Its easier to redact parts of it so only the court can see it. Flores lawyers turned it into a publicity stunt.
He is trying it in the court of public opinion. i twill go before a judge, and the judge will decide if the case can move forward. If yes, in a matter of weeks or a few months the NFL will settle it out of court, unless Flores really wants to make a stand.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the link. I’m going to lean towards Heyward due to his ability to play FB. But, he may be a UFA.

Maybe we can get Chigo with our 6th?

I had him going with our last pick in the 5th as he was one of the highest players left on the board so not sure he lasts all the way to the 6th.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is trying it in the court of public opinion. i twill go before a judge, and the judge will decide if the case can move forward. If yes, in a matter of weeks or a few months the NFL will settle it out of court, unless Flores really wants to make a stand.

Will probably take longer as part of the reason in making it public is that it is a class action which means he wants more people to join the suit. There is a reason most class actions are announced publicly. You are trying to get enough press and buzz around it to get more people to join.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, yeah it is possible they interviewed Bruce Wayne too. Anything is possible when you don't have a single news source claiming it.

Here is the Saints announcing that they will interview their own internal candidate Dennis Allen over 2 weeks ago. So no I don't buy your bullshit trying to cover for the Texans. The same organization that was stupid enough to fire a guy after 1 year and then hire his Asst HC at the last minute. The same organization that was going to hire a guy who hadn't coached above high school.

Like you can't be this dense. It is obvious they were going to hire McCown but the NFL and the Texans knew they would get utterly destroyed in the media and add more fodder for the lawsuit if they hired a white guy that hasn't coached above HS over a qualified black candidate. Lovie literally only emerged as a candidate after McCown was removed as an option. But sure it is possible they interviewed him and Batman in secret.

You are claiming that the Texans never discussed Lovie Smith internally, even though he had been on the team for a year, until about 24 hours ago. And just said fuck it let’s hire Lovie after a single interview?

You’re a fucking moron.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
His lawyers are looking for an out of court settlement. It’s the only reason you do a circus lawsuit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are claiming that the Texans never discussed Lovie Smith internally, even though he had been on the team for a year, until about 24 hours ago. And just said fuck it let’s hire Lovie after a single interview?

You’re a fucking moron.

No you are moving goalposts. I am claiming they did not interview him and take him seriously as a candidate until after the lawsuit made Flores and McCown untenable. You are a fucking moron if you think a poorly run franchise like the Texans somehow kept these interviews secret from the entire NFL.

His lawyers are looking for an out of court settlement. It’s the only reason you do a circus lawsuit.

It is a class action. You generally always advertise class actions because you want more people to join.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I said

“The Texans have included Smith in their discussions all along, but his candidacy has gained steam in recent days, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.”

They’ve been discussing him the whole time. End of story.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Will probably take longer as part of the reason in making it public is that it is a class action which means he wants more people to join the suit. There is a reason most class actions are announced publicly. You are trying to get enough press and buzz around it to get more people to join.
Well, he can have Hue Jackson join. You know Hue. The guy who claimed he was offered $ to lose games, and changed that story within a week.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As I said

“The Texans have included Smith in their discussions all along, but his candidacy has gained steam in recent days, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.”

Lol, again goalposts moving. I said they did not interview or take him seriously until after the lawsuit. Here is actual long time Texans beat writer for the Houston Chronicle.

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the Texans were about to hire former NFL quarterback Josh McCown as their coach, but shied away from the notion when former Miami Dolphins coach, Brian Flores, filed his racial discrimination lawsuit against the NFL.
The Texans were set to hire Josh McCown as [David] Culley’s replacement, but they called an audible after one of their finalists, Brian Flores, filed a lawsuit against the NFL charging, among other things, racial discrimination in the league’s hiring and firing practices.

Schefter has zero fucking credibility. He will just parrot what teams tell him as it has already been proven he sells basically editorial rights for scoops.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone that honestly believes the Texans fired Culley just to make his DC head coach and his QB coach the new OC is a moron.

Who the fuck does that? They basically have changed nothing for next year and have not offered a single logical reason for not sticking with Culley.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Smith just wrapped up his first season with Houston, and while he's long been considered an option by the Texans, talks with him recently picked up as the franchise nears the end of its process, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Another one….it’s over

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
As I said

When did they first acturally interview him for the first time though because this seems like revisionalist history that you are trying to literally pull wool over eyes with here ?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Smith just wrapped up his first season with Houston, and while he's long been considered an option by the Texans, talks with him recently picked up as the franchise nears the end of its process, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Another one….it’s over

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the Texans were about to hire former NFL quarterback Josh McCown as their coach, but shied away from the notion when former Miami Dolphins coach, Brian Flores, filed his racial discrimination lawsuit against the NFL.
The Texans were set to hire Josh McCown as [David] Culley’s replacement, but they called an audible after one of their finalists, Brian Flores, filed a lawsuit against the NFL charging, among other things, racial discrimination in the league’s hiring and firing practices.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
When did they first acturally interview him for the first time though because this seems like revisionalist history that you are trying to literally pull wool over eyes with here ?
What kind of wool we talking about here Vash