*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When did they first acturally interview him for the first time though because this seems like revisionalist history that you are trying to literally pull wool over eyes with here ?

This is truly amazing stuff. Modo would have us believe they fired Culley for completely unknown reasons just to hire his DC and QB coach to run the team. The same DC and QB coach that would have remained with the Texans under Culley.

Notice nothing he is posting says they interviewed Lovie. Just that in their heart of hearts they always thought he could be their one true love but somehow only committed to him after they had to bail on their completely unqualified white coach for fear of the optics.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
What kind of wool we talking about here Vash
Sheep's wool because believing fake news schefter is literally being a propagandist and literally football off season fascism because literally nobody knew lovie ****ing Smith was even in the running for any NFL team then all of a sudden some team that was going to hire Josh McCown whomst has never coached anyone but Jay cutler needed to not hire a cracker assed cracker so they hire lovie Smith whomst nobody ever even thought was putting his resume out there?

Rise

Liked Posts:
I must say, I was really looking forward to high school qb coach McCown as HC. What kind of staff was he going to assemble? What if it was all high school coaches and Watson came out of retirement and they kicked ass? Must see tv.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I must say, I was really looking forward to high school qb coach McCown as HC. What kind of staff was he going to assemble? What if it was all high school coaches and Watson came out of retirement and they kicked ass? Must see tv.

Jay Cutler as OC and Urlacher as DC.

Canth

Liked Posts:
What happened to Dazz Newsome?

My understanding of that was because they cut him at the end of training camp, he no longer had the standard 4 year rookie contract. The assumption has been he was then signed to a one year deal off the practice squad, technically making him an FA now. Although, my expectation would be that they can sign him to the minimum deal for cheap right away.

I believe the same is true for Graham at CB.

I could be wrong and maybe they are still on their rookie deals, but I thought that all went away once they got cut. Or maybe they are given base 2-3 year deals when signed off the practice squad?

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
My understanding of that was because they cut him at the end of training camp, he no longer had the standard 4 year rookie contract. The assumption has been he was then signed to a one year deal off the practice squad, technically making him an FA now. Although, my expectation would be that they can sign him to the minimum deal for cheap right away.

I could be wrong and maybe they are still on their rookie deals, but I thought that all went away once they got cut. Or maybe they are given base 2-3 year deals when signed off the practice squad?
Yeah their contract is void and they go through waivers but then are signed back to the practice squad and considered attainable by other teams. They become FAs at seasons end. He did sign a one year agreement with the Bears and is an FA in 2023

The Bears have some tools at their disposal though.

The second, the Exclusive Rights Free Agent is a player who has fewer than three seasons and an expired contract is not allowed to negotiate with any other team if their original team offers them a league minimum contract. Full screen. The legend that is Reggie White started all of the modern free agent era.

Restricted free agent (RFA): A player with three accrued seasons and an expired contract. RFAs are free to negotiate and sign with any team, but their original team can offer them one of various qualifying offers ("tenders") that come with the right of first refusal and/or draft-pick compensation.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

I have no idea that is why I asked.

Thanks

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So you think it’s a good idea for a prospective HC to lie to his future employer in an interview??
I don't think that it is a good idea. I think that it is something that happens in all professions.

People lie about their abilities and goals all the time.

Often, people say they can do something, get hired and then try to learn on the fly. Happens all the time.

Why can't a HC candidate blow smoke up a potential employer's ass too? If he gets the job, he can then slowly reveal his true beliefs slowly.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
the ranking police have spoken
Have you considered that Lovie is closer to having a winning percentage of Nagy than he does the 5th spot?

Yes, they are all old records but they surely are Bears history, which is what Rise said. Then he tried to move the goal posts.

If Rise wants to move the goal posts and say that the ancient coaches don't count because of stuff like not having the salary cap, then he needs to remove Halas and Ditka. Neither had to deal with the salary cap which began in 1994.

So, in Rise's eyes, the top 5 HCs in Bears history are:
  1. Lovie
  2. Nagy
  3. Dick Jauron
  4. Dave Wannstedt
  5. Mark Trestman
Can you feel the pride?

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I have no idea that is why I asked.

Thanks
Yeah their contract is void and they go through waivers but then are signed back to the practice squad and considered attainable by other teams. They become FAs at seasons end. He did sign a one year agreement with the Bears and is an FA in 2023

The Bears have some tools at their disposal though.

The second, the Exclusive Rights Free Agent is a player who has fewer than three seasons and an expired contract is not allowed to negotiate with any other team if their original team offers them a league minimum contract. Full screen. The legend that is Reggie White started all of the modern free agent era.

Restricted free agent (RFA): A player with three accrued seasons and an expired contract. RFAs are free to negotiate and sign with any team, but their original team can offer them one of various qualifying offers ("tenders") that come with the right of first refusal and/or draft-pick compensation.