*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Even if these rumors aren’t completely true, I think it shows Poles is actively working all angles to improve our offense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don’t have healthy cap flexibility
I think the Bears have room for one huge splash signing and then a bunch of also rans.

If you are going to make a splash signing, it had better be at wide receiver.

Poles is going to have to get creative with the rest of the roster for at least a year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gosh, actively working to improve the team.

Pretty unique effort there from Poles, I bet no other GMs do this.
While most GMs are playing Wordle, Poles is playing 3d Scrabble

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears have room for one huge splash signing and then a bunch of also rans.

If you are going to make a splash signing, it had better be at wide receiver.

Poles is going to have to get creative with the rest of the roster for at least a year.
I know wr and te are a black hole but top of my wishlist is center

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are there legit people who thought Lovie were in the Texans original plans lol. The Texans wanted Mccown but probably got yanked up by Goodell.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know wr and te are a black hole but top of my wishlist is center
I think they are going to have to roll with Kmet as the guy and then pickup a journeyman.

Not sure if Getsy "runs everything thru the TE" like Nagy did...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are there legit people who thought Lovie were in the Texans original plans lol. The Texans wanted Mccown but probably got yanked up by Goodell.
As what I have seen posted there were 3 people in the running...one was Flores, one was McCown and people speculated on the third. McCown was not in their original plans but someone convinced the Texans to interview him, but he wasn't at the top of the list. McCown still may find a spot as an assistant coach.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We about to have a Adams, Ridley, Mooney WR core. Poles doing the Cincy model lol
there is no budget for that...

Adams and Mooney would be a hell of a 1-2 tho

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don't think Rise posted his thoughts.

Did you stop and think for a minute that it may be a subjective list based on circumstances and not some statistical ranking?
Yes, I have considered that.

Have you considered that for X amount of HCs and GMs that the Bears have hired and then fired, all CCS agreed that the most important thing is wins and losses? If you cannot win games, nothing else matters.

So the only thing that matters is wins and losses. Subjective things like Lovie's beard or Ditka throwing gum at Viking fans is not important.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Sigh…

It doesn’t matter why he stopped playing in the middle of the season, he did. Getting help is irrelevant, I’m glad he did but ultimately, he quit on the team / job etc.,

I do not want a player (trade no less) who has unexpectedly left his team for mental health issues . The SAME way I don’t want a player who is always injured.

Similarly, not exactly the same way some of you on this high horse shat on Eddie Goldman for sitting out

Your argument, and everyone else who is all butt hurt over this is: might, possible, could.. he quit. That's a fact.
Well, I never shat on Goldman so there goes that argument.

Goldman made a life decision with incomplete information and a family that took priority. I have nothing against that.

This conversation is over. You are too hard-headed to understand that what you want him now to do, he did and then you called him a quitter for doing it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Because the NFL is a pretty insular community. That would become known, and that person likely
wouldn’t get another job again.

Ownership is literally paying tens of Millions for their QB. They seem to like him. How do you think you’re going to win them over to your side? By losing? That might work with a QB like Trubisky, and clueless owners like the McCaskey’s. But not an established vet.
No, not by losing. Nagy thought that he could bring his personally chosen vet (Foles) and do well. He was banking on it and it didn't work because he was an offensive fraud.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, I have considered that.

Have you considered that for X amount of HCs and GMs that the Bears have hired and then fired, all CCS agreed that the most important thing is wins and losses? If you cannot win games, nothing else matters.

So the only thing that matters is wins and losses. Subjective things like Lovie's beard or Ditka throwing gum at Viking fans is not important.
By your logic Paddy Driscoll was better than Lovie Smith because of the win loss record, but Lovie actually won playoff games and made it to the Superbowl.

Driscoll, as head coach, never won a playoff game.