*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awesome man, and happy you got help/treatment etc., and no I am no trying to minimize mental health if it came off that way I do apologize. I think most of us, diagnosed or not, have struggle with some form of it.

That's one differentiator between a physical injury and mental health, you can only treat mental health with drugs/cognitive therapy there really isn't a cure. That's my point, and I'll leave it at that I am not trying to open scars or be hurtful over here.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I just think it's a bit harsh to call him a quitter. He was dealing with a personal injury that made it impossible for him to get on the field (his brain). There isn't a cure for a torn ligament either. It can heal, but it will always be weaker after that, right? Versus bones, which I heard knit back stronger. Mental health is so tricky, we know so little, even now. So it's definitely not A + B = C, whereas with a physical injury it might be Broken Bone + Cast/Time/Rest = 100% again. The word I'm hung up on is quitter. And it's okay if we disagree, but I don't see him as a quitter. I see a guy who struggled with some heavy mental shit, had to stop playing, and may play again, if he can get the help he needs. I actually COMMEND him for being HONEST about what he has been going through, because mental health is STILL a bit of a taboo/touchy subject. People are very critical and often lack empathy/sympathy and understanding.

IDK if it would be smart to try to trade for him. It's definitely risky. There are concerns. It's hard to evaluate, and expectations are all over the place. It's more complicated than a broken ankle, IMO. But I'd kick the tires and see what they can figure out. If Ridley is willing to come over at a reduced price to prove he can stay on the field, and our GM/HC evaluate him and think he's getting the help he needs? Sign him up. I'm open to it.

I think where I would say NO is if the player was obviously struggling, not getting help, doing reckless/dangerous things, etc. I'd want them to get help of course, but I wouldn't want to trade for them. Appreciate the conversation.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I just can’t see the Packers letting him walk for nothing. If Rodgers leaves they will probably tag him and trade him. If by some miracle the Bears pulled that off you would see full on hype mode version of me.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
A good back and forth

The clarification in the last one is important - it's only considered tampering if it comes from the team's end. They can't solicit but they can certainly answer questions.
Contact by Player. If a club is contacted by a player (or his representative) who is under contract to or whose negotiating rights are held by another club, and such player has not been given permission to negotiate with other clubs, or such player is not in a permissible negotiating period under the terms of an operative collective bargaining agreement, then the contacted club is prohibited from (i) negotiating with the player or his agent; (ii) discussing even in general terms the player’s possible employment with the contacted club; or (iii) discussing the player’s contract or his potential or ongoing contract negotiations with his current club.

In addition, the contacted club representative must inform the player or his representative that under NFL rules the club is not permitted to discuss such matters, and, if such matters are raised by or with the player or his representative, the club representative must immediately report such contact to the owner or operating head of the club that holds the player’s rights.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just can’t see the Packers letting him walk for nothing. If Rodgers leaves they will probably tag him and trade him. If by some miracle the Bears pulled that off you would see full on hype mode version of me.
I don't think the Packers can afford to tag him...they are 50m in the hole

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is cute, but CHI usually does this and then bows out when the price goes up. He the best WR in the game rn, not gonna happen for CHI. lol
It really depends on Adams...if he wants to really come to Chicago, they will find a way.

If he is looking for the highest bidder, he won't. Bears will not be the highest bidder.