*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
We're in the middle of lying season, I think every negative report has to be taken with a grain of salt. These scouts could be anyone or no one at all and this rumor is simply made up. If you trust your evaluation, and trust your coaches to get the best out the player you draft him. This happens every year. I just wish the scout had the balls to put his name to the statement if he made it

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Tampa Bay before them?
You mean Brady, Gronk, and some dude named Haeg? It wasn't really that many players that came over in FA. It was like the Rams or the Eagles "dream team" of years ago.

Sorry, but it's hard for me to say that signing anyone but they greatest QB to play the game to date really contributed that much in terms of FA importance to that team.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
What's this stat mean? Are you telling me Jameson Williams routes averaged less than 1 yard per route against press coverage? Seems like nonsense
Yes, means he was pressed 192 times and only had 175 yards in those 192 routes he ran. It doesn't really tell you how many times he got open vs. press coverage. He could have been open all 192 times but the QB didn't look his way. He could have only gotten 3 receptions for those 175 yards, and those may have been the only times he was open. But most likely, you can determine that he didn't get open well enough against press coverage.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean Brady, Gronk, and some dude named Haeg? It wasn't really that many players that came over in FA. It was like the Rams or the Eagles "dream team" of years ago.

Sorry, but it's hard for me to say that signing anyone but they greatest QB to play the game to date really contributed that much in terms of FA importance to that team.
Not that I’m arguing the other side of the debate because I believe sustainable success comes from good drafting and good drafting alone.

But most of that TB team’s best players were FA’s. Brady, Gronk, AB, Barrett, Fournette, JPP, Jensen. I think Suh even had 6 sacks for them in their SB year.

They have also drafted some really good defensive players the last several years also White, Winfield, etc….

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah Bears need to emulate recent Super Bowl winners like Tampa Bay and LARams who drafted their entire cores and only sparingly used Free Agency on minor pieces here and there.
What Tampa & Ram team are you talking about? Lot's of those "sparingly used" pieces, not saying they haven't made some good draft picks, just saying. You think the Rams win the SB w/o those FA's?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
if hes been enabled his whole life, it will only get worse once hes a millionaire
He grew up a millionaire. His dad is Carl Pickens who played 9 years in the NFL and had over 7000 yards receiving. If anything, he's a spoiled rich kid.

We're in the middle of lying season, I think every negative report has to be taken with a grain of salt. These scouts could be anyone or no one at all and this rumor is simply made up. If you trust your evaluation, and trust your coaches to get the best out the player you draft him. This happens every year. I just wish the scout had the balls to put his name to the statement if he made it

Exactly! If some teams believe it and he falls in the draft, I'm all for it. WRs are notoriously assholes anyway. We've seen several receivers the last couple years ask to be traded, force a trade, whine to the media about the franchise tag, do donuts in the road with their kids, and all kinds of stuff back to the days of Randy Moss, TO, and Ochocinco. It's a diva position. Has been forever. If you are discounting guys because they may be spoiled assholes, then you won't have any good WRs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nope...........in my opinion Bears cannot afford that kind of distraction on a rebuilding team . Let Poles do his job and re-build through the draft. This is not the year to take your chances with a budding head case.

This is exactly the time to take a chance if Tolbert is on board. He knows Toney better than any of us so you use that whether he signs off or says no go.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He grew up a millionaire. His dad is Carl Pickens who played 9 years in the NFL and had over 7000 yards receiving. If anything, he's a spoiled rich kid.

Exactly! If some teams believe it and he falls in the draft, I'm all for it. WRs are notoriously assholes anyway. We've seen several receivers the last couple years ask to be traded, force a trade, whine to the media about the franchise tag, do donuts in the road with their kids, and all kinds of stuff back to the days of Randy Moss, TO, and Ochocinco. It's a diva position. Has been forever. If you are discounting guys because they may be spoiled assholes, then you won't have any good WRs.
But if you don’t take it into consideration, you end up drafting another AntMill…