*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don’t get better making bad deals
It's not a bad deal actually. Teams are more than aware Quin is 32, and had an outlier year last year. Thinking your going to get some haul for what equates to a one year player is delusional. If he was 28, things would be different. You take a 3rd everyday of the week for Quinn. Bears not going to compete in 2022, and he is all but over in 2023.

Ask yourself this, if Quinn was on another team, would you give up a 2nd round pick for him?

If your answer is yes, your stupider than Pace.

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You don’t get better making bad deals
The issue is one of saying its a bad deal.

You don't know.

He could get hurt and then fall off this upcoming season, and then anything would have been good for him.

You aren't getting a 2nd rounder for him - payroll is way too much.

And what good does it do your team to keep him? He won't be here when you are good again, and at a bare minimum, you may get younger and pick up someone in this draft that is a reliable starter for the next 10 years - that's hardly a bad deal.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's not a bad deal actually. Teams are more than aware Quin is 32, and had an outlier year last year. Thinking your going to get some haul for what equates to a one year player is delusional. If he was 28, things would be different. You take a 3rd everyday of the week for Quinn. Bears not going to compete in 2022, and he is all but over in 2023.

Ask yourself this, if Quinn was on another team, would you give up a 2nd round pick for him?

This is one of the very rare times we agree. Some idiots don't know how to set aside their fandom and look at it from another GMs perspective...

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

Real question here is…is stupider a word? It doesn’t autocorrect, but feels gross. English is my third language so I gotta stay on top of it.

I think some team could bite that is contending (late 2nd = close to 3rd). He is cheap for that production.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Real question is is stupider a word. It doesn’t autocorrect, but feels wrong.

I think some team could bite that is contending (late 2nd = close to 3rd). He is cheap for that production.

Not getting a late 2nd for him. If he had a lower cap number, then yeah, I'd say its possible, but the cap number makes him 3rd round or worse territory.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

No I wouldn’t.

You might be stupid if you can’t see the obvious answer of not trading him.

This whole idea of not investing in players until the perfect time to make a SB run in dumb.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No I wouldn’t.

You might be stupid if you can’t see the obvious answer of not trading him.

This whole idea of not investing in players until the perfect time to make a SB run in dumb.

Been listening in this morning on the radio and it seems the sports talk guys all seem to lean my way.

We are in a rebuild. As much as it sucks, it makes no sense to hold on to Robert Quinn. You try to drum up interest and get as high of a pic as you possibly can for him and then whatever that ends up being, you take it no matter what.

Because otherwise after what, this season? Next season? He's gone. And you have nothing to show for it. All because you overvalued him in the moment.

If you're doing a total rebuild and rebuilding the team for the future what the hell sense does that make?

Look in other scenarios I would absolutely agree he should be worth more. But not in this scenario. You're rebuilding and you're at the very start of it. Take what you can get and move on.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Been listening in this morning on the radio and it seems the sports talk guys all seem to lean my way.

We are in a rebuild. As much as it sucks, it makes no sense to hold on to Robert Quinn. You try to drum up interest and get as high of a pic as you possibly can for him and then whatever that ends up being, you take it no matter what.

Because otherwise after what, this season? Next season? He's gone. And you have nothing to show for it. All because you overvalued him in the moment.

If you're doing a total rebuild and rebuilding the team for the future what the hell sense does that make?

Look in other scenarios I would absolutely agree he should be worth more. But not in this scenario. You're rebuilding and you're at the very start of it. Take what you can get and move on.
Comparing yourself to other idiots doesn’t make you wise…

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Where was it said they were shopping Quinn? Teams are calling the Bears. I have a classic car that I am not trying to sell, but people have asked me if it is for sale. My standard answer is, "Sure, what are you offering?" Most everything is for sale for a certain price, Quinn's services are no different.
It just isn’t for a 3rd. Or most 2nds…

TL1961

Liked Posts:
A lot of talent in the 2nd and 3rd round this year. If the goal is to get younger and build through the draft, then Poles should definitely trade Robert Quinn.

Trading Quinn would set Poles up with 4 picks in the top 71. He could draft a WR, OL, CB, and edge.
I don't want to see Quinn traded just for the sake of trading him and getting younger. And the return for vets is almost always less than what fans think a team should get. But if the Bears retain the salary this season, and possibly a little in the future, and trade him for two picks this year, it would certainly make sense to do so.

They're not getting a pick in the top 40, but two picks in the 2nd through 4th rounds would certainly set them up to restock talent and get more cap space beginning next year.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Some of you all would have thought Kyle Fuller was worth a second rounder, so I don't know what yall think you're going to get for someone with that much salary owed to him and on the wrong side of 30. If not for him having a career year last year, you wouldn't get a 7th for him...
The Bears would absolutely have to pay the salary in order to get anything worth having. Trading Quinn to free up $ after FA and to not get good picks would be a waste. That's not on the table.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Outlier year? Do you even know what that means? Last season wasn't even his highest sack total in a single season, 5 of his 11 seasons have been double digit sacks. The outlier year was his horrible 2020 season. He is a very good, hell, nearly identical comp to Von Miller in production and age, who garnered a 2nd and 3rd rd pick. Finding a team ready to win it all desperate enough to make that trade may be difficult, but if you think Quinn is only worth a late third the stupid one is the mouth breathing fuck in the tattered smelly Lions Stafford jersey that yells at you in the mirror each morning.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The issue is one of saying its a bad deal.

You don't know.

He could get hurt and then fall off this upcoming season, and then anything would have been good for him.

You aren't getting a 2nd rounder for him - payroll is way too much.

And what good does it do your team to keep him? He won't be here when you are good again, and at a bare minimum, you may get younger and pick up someone in this draft that is a reliable starter for the next 10 years - that's hardly a bad deal.
The logic that a player should be traded because he could get hurt is my favorite take. Trade everybody for accountants and insurance salesmen.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The logic that a player should be traded because he could get hurt is my favorite take. Trade everybody for accountants and insurance salesmen.
Make fun all you want, but some guys on am radio are starting to lean @Mighty Joe Young's way.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is one of the very rare times we agree. Some idiots don't know how to set aside their fandom and look at it from another GMs perspective...
Well, as someone posted, trading Quinn leaves you with a team fully aware they're set up to suck. That's not necessarily a good thing, obviously. You need to weigh a lot of factors. This isn't Madden.