My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bryce to the Phillies

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Now can we move on? I think we all wasted a off-season on this subject.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't really call Heyward streaky. Your point is taken but I think a better way to say what you mean is to say he often gets out of wack. He's talked about this in the media. When he's been hurt it's thrown off his swing which apparently is a bit high maintenance. I think that also explains a bit why he often has brutal april's. He has to essentially find his swing again. So in that sense it is similar to being streaky but I feel like that's a different version than say Baez who can be ridiculously hot then go on like an 0-20 stretch. When Heyward is playing well he's pretty steady but if something upsets that be it injury or offseason it takes him awhile to get back into the groove.

Heyward has pretty even splits. I really think that he needs to open up the whole field to improve though. RF in Wrigg is small. So hitters tend to go away from their strengths to push SLG IE going for yard. If he just trying to open up to all parts of the field it kills the shift and forces the OF to play him strait.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank God. We can stop with the shitty predictions of him signing a short contract to play for the Cubs.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
If i'm being honest I'm a bit relieved with the whole Harper saga. I don't think Philly has improved enough to really challenge the top of the NL and I was never on the Harper bandwagon as much as others. I wanted Machado all along. Regardless, I think not signing Harper has left some interesting possibilities in future years. I'd be sorta surprised if Lindor ends up back with cleveland. Betts and Trout might test FA.....etc. And not tying that money up should all but guarantee the cubs have the money to lock down their own core guys.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
To be honest, I wasn't thrilled at the thought of Bryce's clubhouse presence imposing itself onto the Cubs. The guy has always seemed to be there for himself, first and foremost, without a lot of concern for the team.

I recall him coming back out onto the field to celebrate a walk-off after being thrown out of the game earlier, and it was obvious he was not there to celebrate the win. He was there to blend into the crowd so he could get close enough to the plate ump to scream FUCK YOU! at him repeatedly.

And, of course, there is always the Papelbon incident. It always looked to me like Harper initiated that fight, on a lot of levels.

Just as happy Kapler has to deal with the little prima donna.

-Doug

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If i'm being honest I'm a bit relieved with the whole Harper saga. I don't think Philly has improved enough to really challenge the top of the NL and I was never on the Harper bandwagon as much as others. I wanted Machado all along. Regardless, I think not signing Harper has left some interesting possibilities in future years. I'd be sorta surprised if Lindor ends up back with cleveland. Betts and Trout might test FA.....etc. And not tying that money up should all but guarantee the cubs have the money to lock down their own core guys.

I'm just seeing Trout/Harper in PHI. wait on it. Angels would have win a WC this year to change my mind.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm just seeing Trout/Harper in PHI. wait on it. Angels would have win a WC this year to change my mind.

I don't particularly see why philly has any better shot at Trout than any of the other likely suitors. But even if they do, would people be that upset should the cubs land Lindor in 2 years? I mean he's the prototypical lead off hitter the cubs have been missing since Fowler left who just so happen to hit 38 HRs last year and who also may be the best defensive SS in the league. You pair him with Baez and that's a pretty crazy pair up the middle.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't particularly see why philly has any better shot at Trout than any of the other likely suitors. But even if they do, would people be that upset should the cubs land Lindor in 2 years? I mean he's the prototypical lead off hitter the cubs have been missing since Fowler left who just so happen to hit 38 HRs last year and who also may be the best defensive SS in the league. You pair him with Baez and that's a pretty crazy pair up the middle.

Baez and Lindor in the same IF would be sick

CSF77

Liked Posts:

He was quoted as that was his fav team growing up in NJ.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
He was quoted as that was his fav team growing up in NJ.

Just like Harper loves deep dish pizza and has a dog named wrigley....etc? You don't make business decisions based on that sort of shit.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Just like Harper loves deep dish pizza and has a dog named wrigley....etc? You don't make business decisions based on that sort of shit.

Pretty sure if they offer 10/400 he inks there. They proved that they are big boy league.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Anyways. I get chi style deep dish here. That is not a deal breaker.

Growing up following a team for years is more ingrained. Shit I would have switched to the SDP is it wasn't.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Anyways. I get chi style deep dish here. That is not a deal breaker.

Growing up following a team for years is more ingrained. Shit I would have switched to the SDP is it wasn't.

You don't work for the cubs. Sorry but you're being incredibly naive if you think who you root for as a kid has anything to do with where you want to work. If you want to argue all things being equal it gives them an edge then fine but that's not how negotiations normally play out. I mean this is literally what we saw with machado and the sox signing his friends and family trying to lure him. Ultimately he went where they offered him more money.

And hell who knows what Philly even looks like in 2 years. What if Harper starts playing like Heyward did post contract and they tank? The nationals had a far better team than philly did when they had Harper and repeatedly failed to advance in the playoffs cumulating in their horrible 2018. Maybe that happens but worse in 2 years. At that point a team like LA or the cubs or NYY could be far more attractive even if he liked the team as a kid.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure if they offer 10/400 he inks there. They proved that they are big boy league.
Phillies will be looking to unload Harper in about 4-5 yrs to get out of his contract, let alone paying 2 guys into their mid and upper 30s mega bucks

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You don't work for the cubs. Sorry but you're being incredibly naive if you think who you root for as a kid has anything to do with where you want to work. If you want to argue all things being equal it gives them an edge then fine but that's not how negotiations normally play out. I mean this is literally what we saw with machado and the sox signing his friends and family trying to lure him. Ultimately he went where they offered him more money.

And hell who knows what Philly even looks like in 2 years. What if Harper starts playing like Heyward did post contract and they tank? The nationals had a far better team than philly did when they had Harper and repeatedly failed to advance in the playoffs cumulating in their horrible 2018. Maybe that happens but worse in 2 years. At that point a team like LA or the cubs or NYY could be far more attractive even if he liked the team as a kid.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...es-speculation-i-cant-predict-the-future/amp/

This stuff has been out there for was while now. Let's just say that it would be most likely.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Or he just might extend with the Angels, which is rumored to being talked about now

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Phillies will be looking to unload Harper in about 4-5 yrs to get out of his contract, let alone paying 2 guys into their mid and upper 30s mega bucks

it wont be a problem, the luxury tax will be at 350 million by then and they will not be the highest paid players on the team.