Ok tell me who would you take over Trubs in this ah? great class of QBs

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Not sure what your point here is...are you trying to say Cohen out played Fournette because he had the added yardage from punt returns? Because there is plenty wrong in whatever argument you are trying to make starting with the fact you are comparing apples to oranges.

I was comparing rookie running backs in their first NFL games and what they did for their teams. I was not comparing fruits or vegetables.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I was comparing rookie running backs in their first NFL games and what they did for their teams. I was not comparing fruits or vegetables.

One RB had 124 rushing/receiving yards with a TD in a win, the other had 113 rushing/receiving yards with a TD in a loss. wouldn't say Cohen outplayed Fournette

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
To use as trade bait later? As insurance for Trubisky? I guess, Id have to ask to what end? IMO the Bears need to be taking guys to help at positions of needs and fill out a roster and build depth. Taking a guy to be a 3rd stringer behind a guy you hope never comes off the field doesn't do much to help the franchise IMO.

Good teams still draft development QBs every so often, even if they have a franchise QB in place. Just like The Pats do. Just like WAS did. You wouldn’t ever ask why GB keeps drafting late round QBs, would you?

Imo, it’s a healthy thing to do for a team, given how important QB is to its success.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
One RB had 124 rushing/receiving yards with a TD in a win, the other had 113 rushing/receiving yards with a TD in a loss. wouldn't say Cohen outplayed Fournette

I never said he outplayed him.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good teams still draft development QBs every so often, even if they have a franchise QB in place. Just like The Pats do. Just like WAS did. You wouldn’t ever ask why GB keeps drafting late round QBs, would you?Imo, it’s a healthy thing to do for a team, given how important QB is to its success.
Do the Bears have the talent base/depth the Packers and Patriots did/do?

The Redskins had 9 draft picks in 2012. 9. The Bears only have 7. That's two less picks and two less players the Bears need right now. Also, I'm not sure the Redskins model of franchise building is a great one. If the Bears had the draft capital..MAYBE you double dip but the Bears only have 7 picks(not any extra to play with) and need guys now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubs would have been a clear No.1 pick if he stayed to this year.

Teams would have another year of tape on him and we saw what happened with Darnold and Rosen. Their numbers declined. So you can't predict how Trubs would have played this year particularly when that UNC roster was gutted this year. They lost their top 2 RBs, top 3 WRs and were terrible this year. It is pretty likely Trubs numbers would have declined significantly this year and people would be talking about him like they are Darnold and Rosen.

At this point we drafted our QB so why play this hypothetical game just designed to get the meatballs whipped up into a frenzy.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I never said he outplayed him.

Leanord was out played that week by another rookie named Cohen.
Tarik Cohen had a historical day on Sunday. The rookie had 66 yards on the ground, another 47 yards receiving (plus a TD), and 45 punt return yards, for a Bears rookie season-opening record of 158 total yards. He also led the team in those three categories, and in targets (12) and receptions (8).

I am assuming you made a typo with Leanord and meant Leonard Fournette

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I am assuming you made a typo with Leanord and meant Leonard Fournette

I did not fact check stats or spelling, you got me there. But the point was Fournette and his few extra yards that day would not have made our loss a win or would I take him over Trubs if redrafting. Neither would the Browns is my guess.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I did not fact check stats or spelling, you got me there. But the point was Fournette and his few extra yards that day would not have made our loss a win or would I take him over Trubs if redrafting. Neither would the Browns is my guess.

Again what makes your argument stupid is the fact they played two different teams in two different offenses against two different defenses. So to say Fournettes game against the Texans wouldn't have made a difference in the Bears game against the Falcons is just dumb. I wouldn't have taken Fournette over Trubisky either but that's because the Bears already have a workhorse RB on the roster who is basically the same age as Fournette.

I was just pointing out your stupidity.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I was just pointing out your stupidity.

I would like to point out how little I care. Stupid is calling someone you don't know and know nothing about stupid. But stupid is as stupid does. So you just be you.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would like to point out how little I care. Stupid is calling someone you don't know and know nothing about stupid. But stupid is as stupid does. So you just be you.

you do realize you just did exactly what you called stupid...so I guess that makes you Special person?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember last year many were claiming that this years QB draft class was better and that the Bears should draft a different position and wait until this year?

I was one of those folks, but since I don't follow College football, I was relying up on the "Experts". Not looking so good for these so called "Experts" at the moment.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I was one of those folks, but since I don't follow College football, I was relying up on the "Experts". Not looking so good for these so called "Experts" at the moment.

There are no such things as experts in football. Unless being wrong all the time makes someone a expert.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No I did not. I said stupid is as stupid does.

You just keep proving my point of how idiotic you really are...you should probably take a break

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Your point was you are kinda a asshole?
Look this is a football board, if your looking for the Jerry Springer board look elsewhere. I have no intensions of arguing with you. If you wanna talk football like a adult then fine but I won't respond to any more childish insults nor will I fight with you. That is not why I come here. Have a nice day.