Ok tell me who would you take over Trubs in this ah? great class of QBs

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Your point was you are kinda a asshole?
Look this is a football board, if your looking for the Jerry Springer board look elsewhere. I have no intensions of arguing with you. If you wanna talk football like a adult then fine but I won't respond to any more childish insults nor will I fight with you. That is not why I come here. Have a nice day.

I did talk football, I pointed out how dumb your original post was by using facts and logic...you were the one who admitted you didn't fact check your claim. Don't get upset at me that you were an idiot.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
If they draft another QB this high It would be tantamount to admitting they whiffed on Mitch.
He means later rounds. Not high in the draft. It wouldn't at that point in the draft. It's too early to tell if it was a whiff or not regardless.

I agree we don't have the overall amount of picks to get a luxury item. Fine with shooting for impact players unless we trade down and accrue a few extra later round picks.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Do the Bears have the talent base/depth the Packers and Patriots did/do?

The Redskins had 9 draft picks in 2012. 9. The Bears only have 7. That's two less picks and two less players the Bears need right now. Also, I'm not sure the Redskins model of franchise building is a great one. If the Bears had the draft capital..MAYBE you double dip but the Bears only have 7 picks(not any extra to play with) and need guys now.
I think it’s pretty clear that the Packers don’t have depth on their team. They are undoubtedly a one man show AND they still draft developmental QBs.

As for the Redskins, think about where they’d be if they didn’t draft Cousins...?

The Bears have drafted three QB in the last seven years. I doesn’t really matter if they draft one this year or wait until next year, but you have to at some point. You can’t wait until you have a SB caliber team (hyperbole alert) to invest in a project QB.

That said, you are probably right not drafting one this year. But you are also neglecting the fact that Pace can acquire more picks by working the draft.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I think it’s pretty clear that the Packers don’t have depth on their team. They are undoubtedly a one man show AND they still draft developmental QBs.

As for the Redskins, think about where they’d be if they didn’t draft Cousins...?

The Bears have drafted three QB in the last seven years. That’s not enough. I doesn’t really matter if they draft one this year or wait until next year, but you have to at some point. You can’t wait until you have a SB caliber team (hyperbole alert) to invest in a project QB.

I think the point being made is the Bears just invested in a first round QB (2nd overall pick) and still have plenty of other needs so drafting a project QB who will likely not see the field shouldn't be high on the priority list.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Half of the people in this thread argued the Bears should wait for this draft class to pick their QB because they had Mike Glennon.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think we should get a late round development QB. We have a offensive/QB guru staff so let's take advantage of that. We have bigger needs I agree but that will always be the case. Make the investment I say. I 100% believe in Trubs but having a plan B is the right thing to do. Trubs could get injured on or off the field.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We aren't anywhere near a point where we are taking a developmental QB. The fact that Pace has landed talents like Cohen, Jackson and Howard in the 4th and 5th rounds is proof enough of that its not a good idea for him to use a pick on a developmental QB right now. We aren't even stocked on starting talent yet. Much less depth. So taking a backup developmental QB just isn't in the cards.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe they all wanted.....Jamal Adams......

Jamal Adams stats...83 tackles 2 sacks 0 picks 1st Round selection

Eddie Jackson stats....73 tackles 0 sacks 2 picks 1 TD 4th round selection

I wanted Corey Davis, then trade back up to draft Watson........

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I wanted Corey Davis, then trade back up to draft Watson........
100% was on the Watson train. Never thought for a second the trade up was for Trubisky. Had me scared it was for Adams or a DE.

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
He means later rounds. Not high in the draft. It wouldn't at that point in the draft. It's too early to tell if it was a whiff or not regardless.

I agree we don't have the overall amount of picks to get a luxury item. Fine with shooting for impact players unless we trade down and accrue a few extra later round picks.

I was going off of the list he quoted in his post. To get one of them is most likely going to require a first round pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I suppose if the Bears really liked a QB late that they thought could be a starter in this league and drafted him then so be it. I certainly think though they have bigger needs but ultimately I am a huge proponent of taking BPA particularly as you get later in the draft.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I am all for drafting a project QB late. QB is the most important position on the team. The team has so many holes that taking a flier on a backup QB is no different than taking a flier on a backup at another position. I loved how Ron Wolf attacked the QB position. This team is a couple/few years away and one late round pick is not changing that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears shouldn't be wasting picks on that this year.

Need players that you actually plan on playing and developing.

Nothing wrong with Sanchez for a little longer. Team isn't good enough yet to do anything special without heir #1 QB... and maybe not even with him.

noprophet

Better at poke her than you
Liked Posts:
So I went all in and got the surface book 2. Apple fanboys melt when they see it. Best laptop ever. Thank you M$.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
hell.. member a few weeks back ppl were laughing saying there isnt any qbs worth it dis yr.. trying to take shots at us who b said there would be a class.... now there b 4-6 possible 1st rders..now nuffin...but... inverted shriveled dicks and quietness..

If anyone has an English version of this post, please send it.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Good teams still draft development QBs every so often, even if they have a franchise QB in place. Just like The Pats do. Just like WAS did. You wouldn’t ever ask why GB keeps drafting late round QBs, would you?

Imo, it’s a healthy thing to do for a team, given how important QB is to its success.

And neither one of those teams just drafted their starting QB. While coming out of a complete rebuild. It is a bad comparison.
You can afford to use a late rounder on a developmental QB but you absolutely do not use a higher draft pick this draft.
The only justifiable reason you do that is if there is a clear cut undisputable quality QB. Otherwise it is not a smart move.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
And neither one of those teams just drafted their starting QB. While coming out of a complete rebuild. It is a bad comparison.
You can afford to use a late rounder on a developmental QB but you absolutely do not use a higher draft pick this draft.
The only justifiable reason you do that is if there is a clear cut undisputable quality QB. Otherwise it is not a smart move.

I wasn’t suggesting using a high round pick on a QB. That would obviously be not smart given that we drafted a QB at #2 overall last year.

The Patriots aside, I was referring to late rounds projects, like Hundley and Cousins. And note that WAS did draft their starting QB in RG3 and still drafted Cousins.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I wasn’t suggesting using a high round pick on a QB. That would obviously be not smart given that we drafted a QB at #2 overall last year.

The Patriots aside, I was referring to late rounds projects, like Hundley and Cousins. And note that WAS did draft their starting QB in RG3 and still drafted Cousins.

I completely agree that the Bears should always invest in late round QBs. So long as the BPA is team-graded at least close to the QB and not a reach.