HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fuck? I've seen pipsqueaks at the gym bench 225 more times than that.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Long arms = less reps

Brown: 35" arms
Nelson: 33.75" arms

Brown 14 reps
Nelson 35 reps

Something tells me 1.25 inches doesn't make up the difference.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You lost me there. Calvin Ridley is actually head and shoulders the most polished receiver in this draft class. He is graded well beyond all the rest of the receivers in this draft class. In reality he is the only receiver I would even take in the first round. Everyone else I would struggle to want to take in the first except for the bottom 5 to 10 picks in the first round. This is coming from a guy who thinks that Ridley won't even turn out to be the best receiver from this class when its all said and done. He is still the best by a good margin.

He is the best as in middle of the 1st round while the rest are late 1st to 4th rounders.

You overdraft QBs, not WRs.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He is the best as in middle of the 1st round while the rest are late 1st to 4th rounders.

WR's get overdrafted all the time.....

And he's not slipping past baltimore at #16, If he runs a 4.3 on saturday he might not even last till the bears pick.

He is far and away the best WR prospect in this class, and that could cause a top 10 pick for him.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think you need to re-evaluate Ridley and the entire we class. First of all he is miles ahead of the next WR. This draft class is actually weak at wide receiver.

IMHO Ridley is just as talented if not more then Amari Cooper. They both run rote’s great Ridley slightly crisper, Cooper is stronger, Ridley has better hands and is faster.

Also teams absolutely trade up to over draft WRs, we will be lucky if Ridley is there at 8.

Not sure why so much hate for Ridley, he is the most talented wr available beside maybe Landry, and the kids made it public that he wants to play for Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think you need to re-evaluate Ridley and the entire we class. First of all he is miles ahead of the next WR. This draft class is actually weak at wide receiver.

IMHO Ridley is just as talented if not more then Amari Cooper. They both run rote’s great Ridley slightly crisper, Cooper is stronger, Ridley has better hands and is faster.

Also teams absolutely trade up to over draft WRs, we will be lucky if Ridley is there at 8.

Not sure why so much hate for Ridley, he is the most talented wr available beside maybe Landry, and the kids made it public that he wants to play for Chicago.

Name the overdraft of WRs.

Jones from Atlanta was a huge trade up but certainly was not overdrafted. Watkins was another huge trade up but, again, at the time was not an overdraft. Even White was not an overdrafted player even though he has been nothing but hurt in Chicago.

By the way, I honestly don't hate Ridley. If he is drafted by the Bears, I hope he can make it.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Name the overdraft of WRs.

Jones from Atlanta was a huge trade up but certainly was not overdrafted. Watkins was another huge trade up but, again, at the time was not an overdraft. Even White was not an overdrafted player even though he has been nothing but hurt in Chicago.

By the way, I honestly don't hate Ridley. If he is drafted by the Bears, I hope he can make it.

I don’t think you have to look past last year. Didn’t the Titans trade up for Corey Davis?

In fact 3 WR went in the top 10 including John Ross, and mike Williams. I don’t think any mocks had any WR going in the top 10. These guys were mostly in the mid to late first.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don’t think you have to look past last year. Didn’t the Titans trade up for Corey Davis?

In fact 3 WR went in the top 10 including John Ross, and mike Williams. I don’t think any mocks had any WR going in the top 10. These guys were mostly in the mid to late first.

Corey Davis was, fairly or unfairly, compared to AJ Green so he wasn't really overdrafted.
John Ross had just set the all time NFL 40 time. He was overdrafted because of the Al Davis syndrome which is still a thing long after his death.
Mike Williams was certainly an overdraft. He was overdrafted because there was a mini-run on receivers and the Chargers panicked.

As for Ridley being head and shoulder above the other WRs, everyone has an opinion and most smell like their assholes, but CBS Sports doesn't even rate Ridley as its top receiver. In fact, this is their WR rating:

1. Courtland Sutton - 9th ranking
2. James Washington - 15th ranking
3. Marcell Ateman - 28th ranking
4. Calvin Ridley - 33rd ranking

So would you really overdraft Ridley at 8 when there is an opinion that he is 4th best WR in this class and not even rated as a 1st rounder? Could it be that Pace doesn't see Ridley as sure of a thing as the media and most fans believe?

Let's look at those "overdrafted" top 10 WRs:
Davis - 34 rec / 375 yards / 0 TDs
Ross - 0 / 0 / 0
Williams - 11 / 95 / 0

Let's compare to lower drafted receivers:
JuJu Smith-Schuster (2nd round) - 58 / 917 / 0
Cooper Kupp (3rd round) - 62 / 869 / 0
Keelan Cole (undrafted) - 42 / 748 / 3
Chris Godwin (3rd) - 34 / 525 / 0
Trent Taylor (5th) - 43 / 430 / 0

Suddenly, those overdrafted receivers do not look so good.

There is a difference between drafting the true #1 receivers (Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones) at the top of the draft and drafting the top receiver of a draft. The true #1s do not make it to pick 8, the true #1s are considered by everyone to be one of the top 3 players in a draft and the true #1s can be sold for a fortune on draft night (like the top QBs).

Most of the time, the top receiver without a true #1 receiver that year are pretty much the same as most others and will be a foolish choice compared to drafting lower level receivers.

Someone here said that, though other receivers this year may eventually surpass Ridley as a receiver, Ridley is ready to start now.

Is it wise to draft someone at the position of the highest rate of being a bust, someone who will probably eventually be outplayed by people in the same draft and who will probably have a pretty weak first year anyhow?

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
I think I'm officially on board with hoping Nelson is the pick. I keep hearing about the possibility of kicking him outside in the future due to his size. That makes the idea of using a top 10 pick on a Guard a lot more palatable.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
WR's get overdrafted all the time.....

And he's not slipping past baltimore at #16, If he runs a 4.3 on saturday he might not even last till the bears pick.

He is far and away the best WR prospect in this class, and that could cause a top 10 pick for him.
Be careful what you wish for.............Since 2015 there have been 13 first round wr's and only Amari Cooper is considered a true #1. The value in wr's is in the second round and after.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think I'm officially on board with hoping Nelson is the pick. I keep hearing about the possibility of kicking him outside in the future due to his size. That makes the idea of using a top 10 pick on a Guard a lot more palatable.

Greg Gabriel was on the Score yesterday. He said he believes Nelson could play RT and is the cleanest prospect in the draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Okay, so i gotta admit i love Q.Nelson more and more when i hear him talking a mean game like he said at the combine. Dude's basically calling out the big dogs in A.Donald, G.Atkins and F.Cox....love it kid.

INDIANAPOLIS – NFL talent evaluators typically don’t value the guard position enough to invest a top-10 draft choice on an interior offensive lineman.

Notre Dame’s Quenton Nelson is about to be an exception to that rule.

"I want to dominate all my opponents and take their will away to play the game by each play and finishing them past the whistle,” Nelson said on Thursday at the NFL scouting combine.

Notre Dame's Quenton Nelson is the rare interior offensive line draft prospect worthy of a top-10 pick. Roy K. Miller/Icon Sportswire
“I think I should be talked in that regard, the top-five conversation, because you have guys who are dominating the NFL right now in Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, Fletcher Cox that have just been working on interior guys. You need guys to stop them, and I think I’m one of those guys. You talk to quarterbacks, and they say if a defensive end gets on the edge, that’s fine. They can step up in the pocket and make a throw. A lot of quarterbacks, if given the opportunity, can do that. So that’s what I give is a pocket to step up in, and I think I also help the offense establish the run through my nastiness.”

Added Nelson: “Yeah, I would consider myself a nasty player.”

The top – and most feared – offensive line prospect in the 2018 NFL draft class, Nelson has an obvious connection to the Bears, who just hired former Fighting Irish offensive line coach Harry Hiestand.

“It would definitely be a good thing to be with Coach Hiestand,” Nelson said. “He’s developed me into the player that I am today and it would be awesome to continue that development at the next level.”

Beyond Nelson’s relationship with Hiestand, the notion that the Bears would consider Nelson at No. 8 makes sense.

Chicago has a clear need at guard after the team declined veteran Josh Sitton’s option, but just as importantly, Nelson (6-feet-5, 330 pounds) possesses the necessary measurables to play offensive tackle.

“In high school I played tackle my whole career and college my freshman year when I was redshirting, I was right tackle, left tackle, second-string scout team,” Nelson said. “I played right tackle, left tackle second-string going against good defensive linemen and got worked a couple times when I was younger by them, but yeah, I believe I could play every position. I feel just as comfortable in a right-handed stance as I do in a left-handed stance.”

Without question, Nelson is a Day 1 plug-and-play guard.

But teams – especially the Bears over the years in the cases of Kyle Long and Cody Whitehair – covet positional versatility on the offensive line.

Nelson sounded open to the idea on potentially switching positions, which if true probably solidifies his spot in the top 10 on draft night.

“I’m definitely more comfortable at guard,” Nelson said. “That’s the position I played in college for three years. But what I do have is the fundamentals and characteristics to play any position on the offensive line.”

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nelson could be a great player, but I'd rather not use an 8 pick on a guard.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Hernandez put up 37 reps on the bench and ran a 5.14.

Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel was on the Score yesterday. He said he believes Nelson could play RT and is the cleanest prospect in the draft.

I have been juggling that thought as well as the possibility of Cody Whitehair moving outside also if they do pick Nelson. Whitehair proved his versatility & ability to play outside in college. I don't know why so many would be upset if the Bears took Nelson at #8 if he's there. IMO he'd be a great pick if he's as advertised & fits the bill. If the Bears were to get another lineman like Whitehair, possibly better with Nelson, suddenly the Bears are in very good shape up front with the starting 5. Having, not one but, two guards that could play well inside or off the edge as OTs would be a very nice luxury this franchise hasn't had in a very long time.

I personally believe that Chubb & Nelson are the best two players in this class.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Corey Davis was, fairly or unfairly, compared to AJ Green so he wasn't really overdrafted.
John Ross had just set the all time NFL 40 time. He was overdrafted because of the Al Davis syndrome which is still a thing long after his death.
Mike Williams was certainly an overdraft. He was overdrafted because there was a mini-run on receivers and the Chargers panicked.

As for Ridley being head and shoulder above the other WRs, everyone has an opinion and most smell like their assholes, but CBS Sports doesn't even rate Ridley as its top receiver. In fact, this is their WR rating:

1. Courtland Sutton - 9th ranking
2. James Washington - 15th ranking
3. Marcell Ateman - 28th ranking
4. Calvin Ridley - 33rd ranking

So would you really overdraft Ridley at 8 when there is an opinion that he is 4th best WR in this class and not even rated as a 1st rounder? Could it be that Pace doesn't see Ridley as sure of a thing as the media and most fans believe?

Let's look at those "overdrafted" top 10 WRs:
Davis - 34 rec / 375 yards / 0 TDs
Ross - 0 / 0 / 0
Williams - 11 / 95 / 0

Let's compare to lower drafted receivers:
JuJu Smith-Schuster (2nd round) - 58 / 917 / 0
Cooper Kupp (3rd round) - 62 / 869 / 0
Keelan Cole (undrafted) - 42 / 748 / 3
Chris Godwin (3rd) - 34 / 525 / 0
Trent Taylor (5th) - 43 / 430 / 0

Suddenly, those overdrafted receivers do not look so good.

There is a difference between drafting the true #1 receivers (Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones) at the top of the draft and drafting the top receiver of a draft. The true #1s do not make it to pick 8, the true #1s are considered by everyone to be one of the top 3 players in a draft and the true #1s can be sold for a fortune on draft night (like the top QBs).

Most of the time, the top receiver without a true #1 receiver that year are pretty much the same as most others and will be a foolish choice compared to drafting lower level receivers.

Someone here said that, though other receivers this year may eventually surpass Ridley as a receiver, Ridley is ready to start now.

Is it wise to draft someone at the position of the highest rate of being a bust, someone who will probably eventually be outplayed by people in the same draft and who will probably have a pretty weak first year anyhow?

Im glad you found the one publication that has him not listed as the #1 WR in the draft. If you want to play that game NFL.com has him ranked as the 6th prospect, overall, in the entire draft.

You say that the true #1 WR only goes in the top 10, well I could make the argument that calvin ridley would be going in the top 10 of the draft, easily, as a true #1 WR if he had a better QB in college to help his draft stock. He only put up half the damn passing offense at Alabama.

Liked Posts:
Im glad you found the one publication that has him not listed as the #1 WR in the draft. If you want to play that game NFL.com has him ranked as the 6th prospect, overall, in the entire draft.

You say that the true #1 WR only goes in the top 10, well I could make the argument that calvin ridley would be going in the top 10 of the draft, easily, as a true #1 WR if he had a better QB in college to help his draft stock. He only put up half the damn passing offense at Alabama.

I don't think that this recent ridiculous craze that every top WR on a depth chart needs to be roughly 6'4 & 220 plus in many minds helps matters either. I think Ridley would be a fantastic pick & is the player I'd like to see the Bears pick the most, outside of Chubb who I don't think will be there when the Bears pick.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Drafting Nelson doesn’t just give Mitch a nice clean pocket to step up into but a chance to escape into the open field if the DE gets too far up field.

Also this is about the making the entire offense better not just Mitch. This pick helps Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen and everyone that is on the line.

He’s a player that would make everyone better and everyone’s job easier.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
He's being touted as the next Jonathan Cooper so you know he's gonna be good.

If I had a penny for every time I heard a player was going to be good because of a comparison. Nelson’s probability of being good is high. Very high. But you still never know.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk