Parkey is horrible

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
If Santos is still out there, I can almost guarantee he’ll be in Chicago for a tryout Monday or Tuesday. (With a contract soon to follow)

Clearly, they have to do something with the kicker position. But I can't imagine the McCaskeys will be too happy about paying 9 million in guarantees to Parkey for 10 games. It's probably why he is still on the team to this point.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Clearly, they have to do something with the kicker position. Bu I can't imagine the McCaskeys will be too happy about paying 9 million in guarantees to Parkey for 10 games. It's probably why he is still on the team to this point.

Guaranteed money should never be a reason to decide which player to keep and cut.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
We can't really cut him. We signed him to a 4 yr/$15 mil contract with $9mil guaranteed. 4th highest paid kicker in the league

Pace is looking like a fool for that signing..

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Speaking to #Bears kicker Cody Parkey this week, he doesn't come down to Soldier Field during the week because of the commute issues, Maybe he should re-think it.- reporter

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Carpenter is still out there. Fiesty little guy with a big leg...has hit a 60 yarder. That's where I'd look....but with the KC connection here, they'll probably look to Santos. It would be totally stupid to let money sway their decision to cut Parkey....while they would be blowing 9 mill, they have far more invested in the likes of Mack, Robinson, Burton etc. Not fixing the kicker problem could jeopardize all they invested elsewhere which is considerable.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Speaking to #Bears kicker Cody Parkey this week, he doesn't come down to Soldier Field during the week because of the commute issues, Maybe he should re-think it.- reporter

$9million for a guy that doesn't like the inconveniences of city traffic

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think Carpenter is still out there. Fiesty little guy with a big leg...has hit a 60 yarder. That's where I'd look....but with the KC connection here, they'll probably look to Santos. It would be totally stupid to let money sway their decision to cut Parkey....while they would be blowing 9 mill, they have far more invested in the likes of Mack, Robinson, Burton etc. Not fixing the kicker problem could jeopardize all they invested elsewhere which is considerable.

He already cost us a win this season...Why risk going into the playoffs with the guy?

Yea...as I told the guy next to me at the bar, there HAS to be a guy in the stadium that can make those extra points and field goals.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Wow. Cry me a fucking river Mr. Parkey. People who make a lot less than you put up with longer commutes 5 days a week. This comment is almost as bad as when Gould said he coudn't feed his family or whatever.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
The bum Parkey could take the Red Line subway into Roosevelt and just hail a cab!! Jon Lester and Ben Zobrist have been known to ride a Divvy bike to Wrigley Field!

"I am not the Shoopster, just a fan of his...."

Rise

Liked Posts:
This shit kicker is going to ruin our season. He floats his kicks 5 miles into the sky you can’t do that in Chicago.

They need to cut their losses now, doesn’t sound like they will until it’s to late.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy said there is zero chance they bring in another kicker this week.

He has to say that, it's Paces call. IMHO they will sit tight with him and expect him to do better, in the past he has been very accurate for anything 40 and under.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He has to say that, it's Paces call. IMHO they will sit tight with him and expect him to do better, in the past he has been very accurate for anything 40 and under.

Parkey needs to get his to soldier Field and keep getting used to that wind. Gould made the wind his bitch.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the post game presser Nagy defended Parkey for not practicing at SF during the week stating it's just as windy at Halas Hall.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Parkey needs to get his to soldier Field and keep getting used to that wind. Gould made the wind his bitch.

I'm pretty sure Butler and Gould both practiced regularly at SF. With Parkeys suckage he should practice there as well.