onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So has it been established that 2008 was an outlier?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's funny to me how you guys hate excuses when it comes to Cutler but then when it comes to the OL it's excuses galore LOL... can't have it both ways guys.

Yes, obviously the Bears aren't the only team in the league with OL issues. Agreed. I'll even agree on occasion they can even look "serviceable" but just like with Cutler, those flashes of competent play need to be consistently reproducible.

With Cutler it's not a question of talent, his issues are mental and should be correctable by Trestman. So at least there is hope there his issues can be cleaned up and his play improved by Trestman. But with the OL the problems are more physical than mental, and thus there is no hope until you replace them. Sure Webb, Carimi and Co. can look serviceable playing the scrubs of the league but line them up against Aldon Smith and the 49er's and they get absolutely manhandled and look like they don't belong on a CFL roster much less an NFL roster. Seriously that game was the biggest joke I've can remember watching in my life.

IMO what Emery does with the OL will make or break the 2013 season. This team needs a massive transfusion of talent across the entire OL. The days of Jerry's dollar store approach to building an OL need to end. You can't just throw 5 scrubs together and think it's good enough to just have warm bodies up front.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Hahahahaha

Winner.

/argument

The OL excuses are just that - excuses!

There are some plays where Cutler is running for his life...still that wouldn't have a huge affect on the overall average...IMO.

And be careful...Midway Jay will accuse you of fellating me.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's funny to me how you guys hate excuses when it comes to Cutler but then when it comes to the OL it's excuses galore LOL... can't have it both ways guys.

Yes, obviously the Bears aren't the only team in the league with OL issues. Agreed. I'll even agree on occasion they can even look "serviceable" but just like with Cutler, those flashes of competent play need to be consistently reproducible.

With Cutler it's not a question of talent, his issues are mental and should be correctable by Trestman. So at least there is hope there his issues can be cleaned up and his play improved by Trestman. But with the OL the problems are more physical than mental, and thus there is no hope until you replace them. Sure Webb, Carimi and Co. can look serviceable playing the scrubs of the league but line them up against Aldon Smith and the 49er's and they get absolutely manhandled and look like they don't belong on a CFL roster much less an NFL roster. Seriously that game was the biggest joke I've can remember watching in my life.

IMO what Emery does with the OL will make or break the 2013 season. This team needs a massive transfusion of talent across the entire OL. The days of Jerry's dollar store approach to building an OL need to end. You can't just throw 5 scrubs together and think it's good enough to just have warm bodies up front.

I think it is a consensus around here that the o-line needs to be fixed...I am pretty sure it has been stated in this thread by both Cutler "Haters" and "Fanboys". And like you said it comes down to if Emery will address this issue in the offseason. The o-line impacts our offense as a whole if that can be fixed and Trestman can help Cutler to minimize his mistakes and Forte can fall forward then we may see a solid offense week in and week out.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think it is a consensus around here that the o-line needs to be fixed...I am pretty sure it has been stated in this thread by both Cutler "Haters" and "Fanboys". And like you said it comes down to if Emery will address this issue in the offseason. The o-line impacts our offense as a whole if that can be fixed and Trestman can help Cutler to minimize his mistakes and Forte can fall forward then we may see a solid offense week in and week out.

Bitch, the oline is fine quit making excuses.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 QB's, 1 line, same high sack total = QBs fault
:andruw:

Got it!
WTF? You're really hung up on Campbells 6 sacks in 1 game and that makes you view the whole 16 game season differently? You're ridiculous and QBs do have a lot to do with sacks. Hell, Chip Kelly said he blames the QB for every sack and wants a QB who will get the ball out of his hands very quickly.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
glad you are still here to dumb down the thread....even more then it already has

Me and bearmick think the oline is just fine and is just an excuse for Jay Cutler. You gotta problem with that, bitch?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
WTF? You're really hung up on Campbells 6 sacks in 1 game and that makes you view the whole 16 game season differently? You're ridiculous and QBs do have a lot to do with sacks. Hell, Chip Kelly said he blames the QB for every sack and wants a QB who will get the ball out of his hands very quickly.

I have changed my mind. The line is fine. Let's upgrade elsewhere, like QB.