Peter Gammons: "it's a dump, Wrigley Field."

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There really isn't any debate to that.
Posey>Soto in 2010 on offense IMO.

I guess I'd slot Soto in behind him but guys like V-Mart, McCann, Napoli all had really good offensive seasons as well?

Wood has not.
Ding ding ding.

You said 2016 WS, thought that was what you meant.
I said 2016 All Star game.

I guess the only way to see on this is what happens this offseason.

True enough.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, considering I'm going to grad school for Theology
Congrats.

TELL ME TO READ IT AGAIN, FIRST TIMER. YOU HAVEN'T TOLD ME TO READ IT ENOUGH TIMES YET, ******.

That's not a very good attitidue for someone going to grad school for theology.

129309217922.jpg

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
wow, this argument is still going on? give it a rest already.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I'd prefer Tom Tango from Seattle.

Why?, his philosophies haven't translated into many wins out there. Not sure who is to blame, but someone was dumb enough to sign Bradley.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rip it down. It's a great stadium for fans but it's time for a change.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Congrats.

That's not a very good attitidue for someone going to grad school for theology.

129309217922.jpg

Well I figured as long as we were on the topic of useless occupations, I might as well state what I'll be doing.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why?, his philosophies haven't translated into many wins out there. Not sure who is to blame, but someone was dumb enough to sign Bradley.

I'm usually leary of guys that come from "smaller market" teams or at least teams with tighter pruse strings....then they come to a larger market and payroll team. I think it can lead to some "teenager with the parent's credit card" mentality.

I'd rather bring someone over with experience inside a big market and large payroll organization.

I like the way Boston has built under Theo. No way Bill James leaves his cushiony advisor position there and i don't think Bill James is GM material...but someone from that team would be interesting and might be a nice fit. Plus in someways a very similar situation.

Last edited:

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Eh they got rid of silva in that deal. Which 95% of people thought was a good move.

They are doing well this year. Now that people have backed off Jack Z's dick a bit they are performing alright in a mediocre AL west.

I'd still prefer tango or MGL over James. Plus I don't see anyway you can get James.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well I figured as long as we were on the topic of useless occupations, I might as well state what I'll be doing.

Touching kids is uber important.

:confused:

Don't sell yourself short!

PS I'm Catholic..so I would know.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Touching kids is uber important.

:confused:

Don't sell yourself short!

PS I'm Catholic..so I would know.

Hah, except I'm not Catholic. I'm a real Christian, so I actually read the Bible and stuff.

And good work admitting that you A. either touch children or B. don't care about your faith.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
Hah, except I'm not Catholic. I'm a real Christian, so I actually read the Bible and stuff.

And good work admitting that you A. either touch children or B. don't care about your faith.

:clap: much respect, man.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think some of you should take a business course to get an idea of what the hell some of you are talking about instead of this garbage thats spewing. Im not saying you have to be a business owner, but you have to know some of the basics. to think that a payroll is going to hit 120 million is crazy.

other tid bits: look, you want to win the world series, not just pretend to contend for the sake of selling tickets. Dempster, Z, Garza etc with wood and marshall in the back end of the bullpen with an aging soriano, no real CF, just a guy in RF, no one at 2nd, Castro is good but has no power, and to think if you actually do add fielder (which wont happen) the team is still not good enough to win the World Series. It is about winning it all, anything short is a failure.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think some of you should take a business course to get an idea of what the hell some of you are talking about instead of this garbage thats spewing. Im not saying you have to be a business owner, but you have to know some of the basics. to think that a payroll is going to hit 120 million is crazy.

other tid bits: look, you want to win the world series, not just pretend to contend for the sake of selling tickets. Dempster, Z, Garza etc with wood and marshall in the back end of the bullpen with an aging soriano, no real CF, just a guy in RF, no one at 2nd, Castro is good but has no power, and to think if you actually do add fielder (which wont happen) the team is still not good enough to win the World Series. It is about winning it all, anything short is a failure.

This is true. It's refreshing to see that most Cubs fans realized that the half-ass attempt at a contender this past offseason was just that. Not so good for the Ricketts' pocketbooks, but they should've known better than to think Cubs fans were completely stupid.

I think Brett Jackson can be a good CF for a long time, assuming they move Byrd to RF if he sticks around and they don't trade BJax for another shot at "contention" in 2012 :nelson:

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
This is true. It's refreshing to see that most Cubs fans realized that the half-ass attempt at a contender this past offseason was just that. Not so good for the Ricketts' pocketbooks, but they should've known better than to think Cubs fans were completely stupid.

I think Brett Jackson can be a good CF for a long time, assuming they move Byrd to RF if he sticks around and they don't trade BJax for another shot at "contention" in 2012 :nelson:

i really hope people didn't believe that this year's Cubs could contend. if they did, i don't know if i'd even attempt one day living in their fantasy world. lol

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
let's just look at it this way. didn't Boston fans feel the same way during their 88-year drought? they thought they were never going to win. all it takes is one year. then who knows. maybe the Cubs build a dynasty like the red sox have now. i'm sure Boston never thought they'd have this. keep the optimism. let's see what ricketts does when he has the money to spend on the players. reserve judgment until then. :)

Go Cubs!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i really hope people didn't believe that this year's Cubs could contend. if they did, i don't know if i'd even attempt one day living in their fantasy world. lol

oh there were some of them here and on the radio sadly.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why they spent the money on pena is beyond me. hell maybe ownership felt they could contend...who knows.

I guess they have to make it look like they are trying