Peter Gammons: "it's a dump, Wrigley Field."

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I'm usually leary of guys that come from "smaller market" teams or at least teams with tighter pruse strings....then they come to a larger market and payroll team. I think it can lead to some "teenager with the parent's credit card" mentality.

I'd rather bring someone over with experience inside a big market and large payroll organization.

I like the way Boston has built under Theo. No way Bill James leaves his cushiony advisor position there and i don't think Bill James is GM material...but someone from that team would be interesting and might be a nice fit. Plus in someways a very similar situation.

For several years I have been advocating an adviser with the ability to assess young talent and plug-in the best suited per position. Hendry just doesn't have those skill-sets, most GM's don't. Part of me wants JH gone just to shut-up the Hendry apologists. I don't see how anyone could rate his career grade here above a C-. I would love to have a solid B and up guy, but there just aren't many available. So with the outlook of replacing our GM position limited by available bodies, I figure it's the next best op.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No.

I wasn't confident the Bulls would James, Wade or Bosh....and am even less confident the Cubs get Fielder.

There are other teams with better cores of players in better stadiums with better teams with the money to get Fielder.

I just don't see WHY Fielder would want to come here and why you(poodski) feel so confident about it.

Well lets break it down than.

If you are courting Fielder what core players are you mentioning that will show Fielder there is a good chance to win here.

Soriano? no
Byrd? no
RF? no
castro? promise
3b? No
2b? Baker/barney? no
C? sure
SP? ehh.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
talking about facilities? how do the Sox facilities rank in the majors? just curious as I've never been to U.S. Cellular.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hypothetically lets say the cubs sign fielder, does that make them instant contenders for a WS? I still say that even if they get him they will not be contenders.

Yeah. But you despise the cubs.

Healthy and with Fielder this is a very different team.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
talking about facilities? how do the Sox facilities rank in the majors? just curious as I've never been to U.S. Cellular.

dunno. I have been to 15 or so parks and as far as food and being comfortable its awesome. the drive is what sucks, because the dan ryan is just nasty.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
:lmao:

Hilarious.

I didn't mean for it to me funny. I'm being serious. FT starts going on and on about how I'm wrong because I don't know anything about construction. Then it's on to how me being a Theology major some how equates to me being a perfect Catholic child who shouldn't call someone a ****** when he's being the heiress to the feminine products he might use on a Summer's Eve. Then he gets bent out of shape when I call him out on it.

I don't take anyone's faith lightly. But for him to be "a man of his faith," then treat mine so insignificantly really pisses me off.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. But you despise the cubs.

Healthy and with Fielder this is a very different team.

dont put fucking words in my mouth. Im a baseball fan. If the cubs win the world series I have no emotion, if they lose the world series I have no emotion. the only time it would be different is if the wsox were playing them. So dont fucking put words in my fucking mouth.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
dunno. I have been to 15 or so parks and as far as food and being comfortable its awesome. the drive is what sucks, because the dan ryan is just nasty.

No Red Line for you?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
dont put fucking words in my mouth. Im a baseball fan. If the cubs win the world series I have no emotion, if they lose the world series I have no emotion. the only time it would be different is if the wsox were playing them. So dont fucking put words in my fucking mouth.

Wow. Chill out.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
I didn't mean for it to me funny. I'm being serious. FT starts going on and on about how I'm wrong because I don't know anything about construction. Then it's on to how me being a Theology major some how equates to me being a perfect Catholic child who shouldn't call someone a ****** when he's being the heiress to the feminine products he might use on a Summer's Eve. Then he gets bent out of shape when I call him out on it.

I don't take anyone's faith lightly. But for him to be "a man of his faith," then treat mine so insignificantly really pisses me off.

it's called hypocritical. but he's above everyone else. he's the second coming of Jesus Christ. he's never been wrong on here. you can't criticize someone like him. it's best to just ignore him. he's not worth anyone's time.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lets get off the religion stuff guys. thats going to get us nowhere.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
too far out, im in lake zurich. much rather just drive there instead of driving and than hopping on the red line. i really wish they were in the burbs :)

IMO, if they were in the burbs or closer to them, their attendance would be great. but that's a topic for another day I believe. :tiptoe:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they should build an island off Navy Pier and put the new Wrigley there. That'd be fucking awesome.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO, if they were in the burbs or closer to them, their attendance would be great. but that's a topic for another day I believe. :tiptoe:

agreed. well there are 3 year old town homes a block away that were going for 650,000 3 years ago that are on the foreclosure list. ehhh that would be dreaming, plus my wife will have none of that. :)

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think too many nerves are being struck in this thread.

Seacrest out.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never said I was perfect.

But Jesus never had to talk to you on an internet forum before. So, I'm sure he'll forgive me.

The great and powerful houf talks with me daily.

You are incorrect in that assumption.

May houf bless and keep you. May houf's light shine upon you.