Peter Gammons: "it's a dump, Wrigley Field."

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think too many nerves are being struck in this thread.

Seacrest out.

just dont go back and forth about religion. im not taking sides on that, but it isnt really something that we should be talking about in here.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
agreed. well there are 3 year old town homes a block away that were going for 650,000 3 years ago that are on the foreclosure list. ehhh that would be dreaming, plus my wife will have none of that. :)

lol I hear you.

what's made the Dan Ryan so bad? I haven't been on it or in Chicago for a few years now, so I'm kind of out of the loop on things.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
that would be fucking sweet.

Think about it though, they can essentially build the new one with the marquee, the scoreboard, the original field dimensions, the ivy etc. It'd just be in a different place that is also accessible by public transit and wouldn't be constricted by Waveland and Sheffield. It'd be like a fortress of awesome.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol I hear you.

what's made the Dan Ryan so bad? I haven't been on it or in Chicago for a few years now, so I'm kind of out of the loop on things.

construction and 7:10 start times when you are battling the traffic during rush hour to get there. if you leave early and tail gate its easy, but if you are just going to catch the game, it blows ass.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think about it though, they can essentially build the new one with the marquee, the scoreboard, the original field dimensions, the ivy etc. It'd just be in a different place that is also accessible by public transit and wouldn't be constricted by Waveland and Sheffield. It'd be like a fortress of awesome.

fantasy island literally. I think that would be something sweet and something new.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't take anyone's faith lightly. But for him to be "a man of his faith," then treat mine so insignificantly really pisses me off.

LOL at this. I never claimed to be a "man of my faith" whatever the hell that means. I mentioned I was Catholic. I joke around about Catholicsm a lot. I never even took a dig at your faith, as I didn't know anything about it. If anything I took a jab at my own as a joke and you got all bent out of shape then took at a shot at my faith by saying you were "a real Christian" as if Catholics aren't.

But yeah, let's not let details and facts get in the way of your temper tantrum.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
just dont go back and forth about religion. im not taking sides on that, but it isnt really something that we should be talking about in here.

Baseball is religion!

Fire and (the)passion!!

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
My friend had a pretty slick idea to install a Jumbotron too. Instead of the manual scoreboard (donate it to the Smithsonian or something), you have a jumbotron that's shaped like the original scoreboard that has animations of the guys changing the numbers manually, then it can fade into a replay every now and then before going back to the default image of the scoreboard.

Barring that, get rid of the ugly Toyota sign and turn it into the Wrigley Field Replay Board presented by United, Toyota and Best Buy.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you mean now Cubs fans have to suffer? Still have spent 135 million on this years team? What did you want him to do spend 160? There are plenty of expiring contracts. Lets see what happens when he has a chance to put his own mark on the team. Right now he is just riding out the mistakes from the last owner, and there was really nothing else that could have been done.

He didnt spend 135 million on this team. Last owner did and he just bought into it. Honestly do you see Ricketts keeping up this kind of payroll having to pay back Bank loans, and keep up with Wrigley field? I dont so Cub fans will have to deal with shitty teams until he pays off bank loans etc. So again Cub fans will have to suffer through it. We all know if Cuban bought team he would have spent the money to win WS

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didnt spend 135 million on this team. Last owner did and he just bought into it. Honestly do you see Ricketts keeping up this kind of payroll having to pay back Bank loans, and keep up with Wrigley field? I dont so Cub fans will have to deal with shitty teams until he pays off bank loans etc. So again Cub fans will have to suffer through it. We all know if Cuban bought team he would have spent the money to win WS

Cuban wouldn't have paid so much for the team to begin with. The Tribune laughed all the way to the bank on this sale to the Ricketts hehehe.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm still waiting for pood to explain why he is so confident the Cubs will land Fielder.

??

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm confident the Cubs will pursue him.

stating to Bruce Levine (sarcasm) that the cubs are looking into Fielder is totally different than actually making a 100% effort to sign the FA. Of course we are going to hear the cubs are going after fielder/pujols along with others...it is just PR making sure the fans think the cubs are trying.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
stating to Bruce Levine (sarcasm) that the cubs are looking into Fielder is totally different than actually making a 100% effort to sign the FA. Of course we are going to hear the cubs are going after fielder/pujols along with others...it is just PR making sure the fans think the cubs are trying.

I guess I don't immediately think that way about scheming anything.

I will say this.. If they don't do anything significant.. Wrigley will be very empty next season.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Posey>Soto in 2010 on offense IMO.

I guess I'd slot Soto in behind him but guys like V-Mart, McCann, Napoli all had really good offensive seasons as well?

It's not a matter of opinion. Soto had a .890 OPS. Poseys was like .862. Soto was clearly better. Than all of them. Even Mauer.