Please don't dump Cutler after this year Pace!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
for me, all season I will compare Cutler to Hoyer because in the offseason when many would ask who would replace Cutler if Pace were to let him go I said Hoyer...and got dismissed because for some odd reason in order to replace Cutler the Bears need to find someone much better instead of someone who is at his level...so far this season has Hoyer not played relatively solid and dare I say as well if not better than Cutler?

Were you one of the ones discrediting Cutler's garbage time TDs last year? Because Hoyer has a shit load this year in the 2nd halves in those 2 games that they were down 6 touchdowns at halftime in each of.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
While this thread doesn't seem to have any I did see someone make a comment that Cutler lost us the game in another thread. I think it was a sarcastic remark though.

That's the thing,most will say it in this manner...rational fans can look at the game and know not one singular person is at fault. It takes a collective fuckup to lose a game.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Were you one of the ones discrediting Cutler's garbage time TDs last year? Because Hoyer has a shit load this year in the 2nd halves in those 2 games that they were down 6 touchdowns at halftime in each of.

Hoyer has 5 TDs and 0 INTs in the 2nd halves of those 2 games.

Yet, when they were down 7 to the Colts at home in crunch time, he throws an INT on 1st down that literally looked like a punt.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
for me, all season I will compare Cutler to Hoyer because in the offseason when many would ask who would replace Cutler if Pace were to let him go I said Hoyer...and got dismissed because for some odd reason in order to replace Cutler the Bears need to find someone much better instead of someone who is at his level...so far this season has Hoyer not played relatively solid and dare I say as well if not better than Cutler?
Same reason I singled Hoyer out along with the similar playing time.

I thought Jay was at least a better option than Brian Hoyer.

....well.......

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you like Spartan refused to answer the question which would have proved if I was right or wrong.

Holy shit you're dumb. 1) I just answered your Special person question and 2) You were already wrong the moment you claimed people were trying to pin the loss on him when no one has yet to do so.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's the thing,most will say it in this manner...rational fans can look at the game and know not one singular person is at fault. It takes a collective fuckup to lose a game.

Agreed, on the same point. I think a lot of people here need to learn to just ignore stupid comments by people and stop being offended so easily by other peoples opinions.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

No I wasn't, is there anything else you want to make a wrong assumption on?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Lol here come to folks with the Mccown shit. Question for those who keep doing that. Why do you cherry pick so much? I could point out another QB's record but then it wouldn't count, I could point out stats if the really aren't superior but then it wouldn't matter. So what does it come down to? Is the hate for Cutler so bad for certain posters they are willing to consistently move goal post just to be right?

I believe McCown threw for 3 TD and only 1 INT yesterday. Maybe that's why they are bragging about him today.

They won't mention that he also fumbled it 3 more times yesterday though. Fumbles only get noticed when a certain QB is having a bad year with them.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No I wasn't, is there anything else you want to make a wrong assumption on?

So you want to praise Hoyer for throwing 5 TDs to 0 INTs in games they were losing a collective 83-0 at halftime, but you don't give him blame for being in those positions in the first place?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hoyer has 5 TDs and 0 INTs in the 2nd halves of those 2 games.

Yet, when they were down 7 to the Colts at home in crunch time, he throws an INT on 1st down that literally looked like a punt.

well if we are going to compare throws, Cutler threw a redzone INT against the Lions when the Bears were trailing 13-21...they ultimately lost by a field goal. Just to be clear, there were plenty of other factors in this game that resulted in the loss, but a redzone int in a tight game did not help

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I believe McCown threw for 3 TD and only 1 INT yesterday. Maybe that's why they are bragging about him today.

They won't mention that he also fumbled it 3 more times yesterday though. Fumbles only get noticed when a certain QB is having a bad year with them.

And this was against a Titans team that didn't even have Mariota yesterday.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
well if we are going to compare throws, Cutler threw a redzone INT against the Lions when the Bears were trailing 13-21...they ultimately lost by a field goal. Just to be clear, there were plenty of other factors in this game that resulted in the loss, but a redzone int in a tight game did not help

And the one game Cutler had the ball late down a score, he led them on a game winning drive with the top 3 receivers all out.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The Hoyer comparison looks good on paper but there is an X factor. Culter makes more plays around the pocket with his feet. Extending plays, what have you. because of our revolving door on the Oline. It's become very routine and something that gets taken for granted.

Hoyer can throw a nice ball when his feet are set and has a pocket to work with.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
12063804_1226776737348881_5512111911055940397_n.jpg

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So you want to praise Hoyer for throwing 5 TDs to 0 INTs in games they were losing a collective 83-0 at halftime, but you don't give him blame for being in those positions in the first place?

So you are going to fault Hoyer for his defense not stopping teams? I thought we weren't allowed to do that? or does that rule only apply to Cutler?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And the one game Cutler had the ball late down a score, he led them on a game winning drive with the top 3 receivers all out.

would the Bears have been down a score had he not thrown that pick?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So you are going to fault Hoyer for his defense not stopping teams? I thought we weren't allowed to do that? or does that rule only apply to Cutler?

You tell me? You have Spartan spewing off the Bears 7-14 record over the past 21 games even though the Bears literally have had the worst defense in that time frame.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Answer the question.

I am going to answer your question with a YES. He did more than any other player on the team to win the game. He led them to a critical go ahead TD by converting a 4th down and then taking the hit on his touchdown run. He then put them in position for a game winning drive after the defense gave up the 7 point lead.
As I said, you need more than an average of 2 TDs per game to win. I also saw some poorly overthrown balls to receivers who were wide open. Bet you missed those, huh? You've made not a single sensible argument. You've taken the stance if a player does nothing to cause a loss, he has no accountability. Did he lose it? No. Did he do enough to win it? Obviously not.