Please don't dump Cutler after this year Pace!

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The Hoyer comparison looks good on paper but there is an X factor. Culter makes more plays around the pocket with his feet. Extending plays, what have you. because of our revolving door on the Oline. It's become very routine and something that gets taken for granted.

Hoyer can throw a nice ball when his feet are set and has a pocket to work with.

Hoyer has been sacked on 5.9% of his snaps...Cutler 4.2%. seems like Hoyer hasn't had that great of a pocket/o-line

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
As I said, you need more than an average of 2 TDs per game to win. I also saw some poorly overthrown balls to receivers who were wide open. Bet you missed those, huh? You've made not a single sensible argument. You've taken the stance if a player does nothing to cause a loss, he has no accountability. Did he lose it? No. Did he do enough to win it? Obviously not.

Did he set the world on fire? No.

Did he play well enough to win considering playing a good defense? Yes.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
12063804_1226776737348881_5512111911055940397_n.jpg

Haha

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Hoyer has been sacked on 5.9% of his snaps...Cutler 4.2%. seems like Hoyer hasn't had that great of a pocket/o-line

Have you ever watched him play? Serious question. He can't evade the rush like Jay can. Not even close.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes, since that was the KC game and Cutler never threw a pick.

My bads I thought we were still talking about the Lions game. I just find it funny that Hoyer has only been under 100 passer rating in 2 games yet Cutler has topped 100 once....in a game he got knocked out of in the 2nd quarter. Cutler has been playing from behind as much as Hoyer....sorry but the comparisons are spot on and Hoyer has outplayed Cutler. My point now as it was in the offseason, a journeyman QB can probably come here and play as well as Cutler...so what is the motivation for keeping Cutler?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Have you ever watched him play? Serious question. He can't evade the rush like Jay can. Not even close.

I have watched him play and he is plays as well as Cutler...my point with that was, the Houston o-line hasn't been better than Chicago's. so avoiding the rush won't be any different for him in Chicago vs Houston.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:

Cutler's mobility and Gase game plan are the reason the sack totals aren't much higher. It's a damn shame the Bears spent so many years providing shit O-line for him. After seeing Cutler in Denver only get sacked 8 times while attempting 616 passes in 2008. It should have been abundantly clear how bad the Bears O-line was after the 2009-2010 seasons.

Meanwhile this O-line isn't very good but Cutler at least has an OC finally game planning to his QB ability to buy time with his legs. Injured legs at that.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol fuck now we are clamoring for hoyer over cutler?

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
Cutler sucks and is a loser. Only person I'd be sure to retain on offense going forward is Alshon Jeffery.

Put a side Cutler ( cause I disagree with you, who is going to replace him?)

You think the only person is AJ? Really

So no Forte or Long?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
My bads I thought we were still talking about the Lions game. I just find it funny that Hoyer has only been under 100 passer rating in 2 games yet Cutler has topped 100 once....in a game he got knocked out of in the 2nd quarter. Cutler has been playing from behind as much as Hoyer....sorry but the comparisons are spot on and Hoyer has outplayed Cutler. My point now as it was in the offseason, a journeyman QB can probably come here and play as well as Cutler...so what is the motivation for keeping Cutler?

There is a big difference between how teams will play you protecting a 1 score lead vs being up by six touchdowns...

At any rate, even if you could have "proved" in the offseason that Hoyer would be just as good as Cutler, you still would keep Cutler because you owe him the money and would still have to pay Hoyer something... Also, Cutler knows the players around him better.

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
looking at position players. Gonna have a most awesome wr tandem next year so long as Bears retain Alshon. Can bring any QB in and watch him shine more than Cutler ever dreamed of.

Any Qb. Lol you must not be a Bears fan for very long. Hey just this season we had Clausen do so well against the Seahawks. lol

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cutler's mobility and Gase game plan are the reason the sack totals aren't much higher. It's a damn shame the Bears spent so many years providing shit O-line for him. After seeing Cutler in Denver only get sacked 8 times while attempting 616 passes in 2008. It should have been abundantly clear how bad the Bears O-line was after the 2009-2010 seasons.

Meanwhile this O-line isn't very good but Cutler at least has an OC finally game planning to his QB ability to buy time with his legs. Injured legs at that.

you keep referring to the 2008 year and his sacks as if that is a normal occurrence in the NFL, that most teams can achieve....sorry but when the basis for Cutler's success is on ideal situations with him being surrounded by pro-bowlers...that just does not impress me, any competent QB can be successful when surrounded by pro-bowlers and an all-pro o-line.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Put a side Cutler ( cause I disagree with you, who is going to replace him?)

You think the only person is AJ? Really

So no Forte or Long?
Speaking of position players only at that time. Bears are rebuilding. I see Alshon as a key part the Bears need going forward. I see Forte at the end of his contract and now injured likely not going forward with the Bears. Cutler is still just extremely overpaid and detrimental to a rebuild as he has always been a divisive player and as stated several times in this thread, there are several QBs who have performed the same or better for a third of the cost.