Please don't dump Cutler after this year Pace!

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Still waiting on your answer if dumping Cutler could bring in Weddle (or any other upgrade on the defense) would you do it?

Lol they'll have plenty of cap room. Like what? $60 million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do care about wins and losses. But I am not dumb enough to pin it on one player who would have led us to a game winning drive AGAIN if not for a backup RB dropping a wide open pass on 3rd down.
hahaha. Again? He's 7-14 over the past 2 seasons. They were also at their own 25 so how you make that an automatic scoring drive w/the #27 ranked offense, IDK. I also don't know why you think he's the only QB who deals with dropped passes.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Sure if you wanted. Would it be fair? Probably not. Given that the other QBs have a larger sample size.

If Cutler played in only 1 game then yes a per game analysis would be skewed, but he has missed 1.5 games his sample size isn't much different than Hoyer

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why cant we just hold onto Cutler till we find someone better or with higher upside. Why get rid of him just to get rid of him.

Because according to some morons here it's impossible to find someone better in FA or the draft. Never mind the fact that 2014 FA's like Hoyer and McCown are currently out performing him for a fraction of the cost.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Cutler's listed as 6 games started and Hoyer is listed at 4 games started. Both appearing in 6 games total. Cutler has attempted 207 passes, Hoyer has attempted 215. That's about as fair and equal of a comparison as you can get.

So run with that comparison. I don't care either way lol.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyone could assume it based on his responses so far. Now let's wait and see his one word answer.

I went through and looked at the "haterz" responses in this thread and while a few mention that Cutler sucks and how the team has a losing record with him this year...none have specifically said Cutler was the sole reason the Bears lost on Sunday...so how about you stop making up shit in your head to sympathize for a mediocre QB

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol here come to folks with the Mccown shit. Question for those who keep doing that. Why do you cherry pick so much? I could point out another QB's record but then it wouldn't count, I could point out stats if the really aren't superior but then it wouldn't matter. So what does it come down to? Is the hate for Cutler so bad for certain posters they are willing to consistently move goal post just to be right?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Gpphat...

See Broc and Spartan refuse to answer my question. I think you know their answer.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Broc...

Did Cutler lose the game for the Bears more than any other player yesterday? Yes or No?
The more important question is did he do more than any other player to win the game? Cause that's the type QB you need. I've seen QBs benched when they had better numbers than Cutler. Scoring 2 TDs per game is not going to get you many wins in the NFL.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
And with the coaches "limiting" him, he still is throwing as many touchdowns. That means he is playing better.

"as many touchdowns"??? He's on pace to throw 18 TD's this season after throwing 28 last season... and somehow you think that's "better".... :lmao:

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you honestly think Cutler is having a "great year" your bar for "great years" is pathetically low. He's performing in line with his career averages across the board.

The only improvement is the INT% which is a function of the coaches limiting the gameplans to be more run oriented. Cutler's decision making is still suspect and his accuracy is exactly the same as his career average (61%).

The amount of dropped balls this year and the receiving core he has had to work with for the majority of the first half of the year has a lot to do with it.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gpphat...

See Broc and Spartan refuse to answer my question. I think you know their answer.

LMAO.!! So gphat rightfully calls you out for spewing bullshit about people pinning the loss on Cutler so you try and bait me and Spartan into saying it for you... and when neither of us take your bait you claim that "you know" what our answers are... just wow.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went through and looked at the "haterz" responses in this thread and while a few mention that Cutler sucks and how the team has a losing record with him this year...none have specifically said Cutler was the sole reason the Bears lost on Sunday...so how about you stop making up shit in your head to sympathize for a mediocre QB

While this thread doesn't seem to have any I did see someone make a comment that Cutler lost us the game in another thread. I think it was a sarcastic remark though.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Gpphat...

you said:

Jay had 2 TDs to 0 INTs yesterday and people want to pin the loss on him. It's pathetic.

not only did no one in the thread suggest any of this, but you are making assumptions that only 2 posters may feel this way.

you should maybe take a break for a bit, go for a run, clear your head...at this point you are making shit up to try and defend your heart throb

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The more important question is did he do more than any other player to win the game? Cause that's the type QB you need. I've seen QBs benched when they had better numbers than Cutler. Scoring 2 TDs per game is not going to get you many wins in the NFL.

Answer the question.

I am going to answer your question with a YES. He did more than any other player on the team to win the game. He led them to a critical go ahead TD by converting a 4th down and then taking the hit on his touchdown run. He then put them in position for a game winning drive after the defense gave up the 7 point lead.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
LMAO.!! So gphat rightfully calls you out for spewing bullshit about people pinning the loss on Cutler so you try and bait me and Spartan into saying it for you... and when neither of us take your bait you claim that "you know" what our answers are... just wow.

And you like Spartan refused to answer the question which would have proved if I was right or wrong.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol here come to folks with the Mccown shit. Question for those who keep doing that. Why do you cherry pick so much? I could point out another QB's record but then it wouldn't count, I could point out stats if the really aren't superior but then it wouldn't matter. So what does it come down to? Is the hate for Cutler so bad for certain posters they are willing to consistently move goal post just to be right?

for me, all season I will compare Cutler to Hoyer because in the offseason when many would ask who would replace Cutler if Pace were to let him go I said Hoyer...and got dismissed because for some odd reason in order to replace Cutler the Bears need to find someone much better instead of someone who is at his level...so far this season has Hoyer not played relatively solid and dare I say as well if not better than Cutler?