Please don't dump Cutler after this year Pace!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Clearly. But I get it... it's not a very good for the whole "Jay Cutler is playing great narrative" when he's being outplayed by a scrub journeyman.

Just because a journeyman QB is having a great year doesn't mean another player is not having a great year because of that alone.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Every year, ya think the Cutty fanboys have smartened up, then here they come with the same old tired shit., "the OL sucks", "Where will the Bears find an elite QB", and perhaps the dumbest of all, "Jay's playing great" as he has the same QB rating as the likes of Kirk Cousins, Winston and Ryan Fitzpatrick and worse numbers than the likes of Hoyer, McCown, Mariota, Taylor, Smith...Why's nobody singing the praises of any of these mother *******? It's not as if they're under-performing for their salary. Not a damn one of them makes anything close to what you're paying Cutler to go go 7-14 for.

So all you look at is QB Rating and team record.

Guys, we need to dump Forte ASAP. We are only 7-14 in the last 21 games with him!

mecha

Liked Posts:
he's not playing 400 yard 6 TD games, no. people swear by Russell Wilson, it's almost the exact same style of play. like a read between the lines thing, this stellar play from Cutler is more about putting the ball in the right spot and not making gobs of mistakes. that in and of itself is an upgrade for him and it takes away the argument that his turnovers lose games. he hasn't had a fumble in awhile. he even had a 0 interception game yesterday!

in case you haven't noticed how awful ST is and how the defense has its shares of miscues the absolute worst moments..

oh, and John Fox is a conservative coach. I think I covered everything.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So all you look at is QB Rating and team record.

Guys, we need to dump Forte ASAP. We are only 7-14 in the last 21 games with him!
So you don't care about the QBs numbers nor wins and losses. What do you judge on, how sexually attracted your gay ass is to the player in question?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Jay had 2 TDs to 0 INTs yesterday and people want to pin the loss on him. It's pathetic.

I may have missed it, if so can you reference the post in this thread where people are pinning the loss on him?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey mayne. If you can find another QB who's played 5.5 games through week 8 then knock yourself out.

what if we compare Cutler's per game numbers to other QB's, is that allowed?

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why cant we just hold onto Cutler till we find someone better or with higher upside. Why get rid of him just to get rid of him.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because a journeyman QB is having a great year doesn't mean another player is not having a great year because of that alone.

If you honestly think Cutler is having a "great year" your bar for "great years" is pathetically low. He's performing in line with his career averages across the board.

The only improvement is the INT% which is a function of the coaches limiting the gameplans to be more run oriented. Cutler's decision making is still suspect and his accuracy is exactly the same as his career average (61%).

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So you don't care about the QBs numbers nor wins and losses. What do you judge on, how sexually attracted your gay ass is to the player in question?

I do care about wins and losses. But I am not dumb enough to pin it on one player who would have led us to a game winning drive AGAIN if not for a backup RB dropping a wide open pass on 3rd down.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I enjoy the fact that you apparently think you're mopping the floor with us.

Actually I find more humor in your lack of reading comprehension. But if you want to go with the mopping floor thing, have at it.

I'm still willing to do the picture thing if you are still lost though. I'm here for ya bud.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I may have missed it, if so can you reference the post in this thread where people are pinning the loss on him?

Ok, lets ask Spartan right now to clear this up.

Spartan...

Is this loss on Cutler more than any other player on the Bears? Yes or No.

Only answer with one word.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok, lets ask Spartan right now to clear this up.

Spartan...

Is this loss on Cutler more than any other player on the Bears? Yes or No.

Only answer with one word.

so is that a no...no one has pinned the loss on Cutler to this point?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
what if we compare Cutler's per game numbers to other QB's, is that allowed?

Sure if you wanted. Would it be fair? Probably not. Given that the other QBs have a larger sample size.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If you honestly think Cutler is having a "great year" your bar for "great years" is pathetically low. He's performing in line with his career averages across the board.

The only improvement is the INT% which is a function of the coaches limiting the gameplans to be more run oriented. Cutler's decision making is still suspect and his accuracy is exactly the same as his career average (61%).

And with the coaches "limiting" him, he still is throwing as many touchdowns. That means he is playing better.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey mayne. If you can find another QB who's played 5.5 games through week 8 then knock yourself out.

Cutler's listed as 6 games started and Hoyer is listed at 4 games started. Both appearing in 6 games total. Cutler has attempted 207 passes, Hoyer has attempted 215. That's about as fair and equal of a comparison as you can get.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cutler's listed as 6 games started and Hoyer is listed at 4 games started. Both appearing in 6 games total. Cutler has attempted 207 passes, Hoyer has attempted 215. That's about as fair and equal of a comparison as you can get.

Broc...

Did Cutler lose the game for the Bears more than any other player yesterday? Yes or No?