Please don't dump Cutler after this year Pace!

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I don't have to. The guys who are actually on the field with him love the guy. So how will you feel if fox and pace roll with cutler another year? Or 2? Or 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guys on the field can love him all they want, it doesn't make him a top 10 QB. The team doesn't get extra points for having a QB teammates like. If Fox and Pace roll with Cutler another year it is purely financial and while I may not agree I can understand....anything longer then another year then it's idiocy.

How will you feel if Fox and Pace dump Cutler after this year to make some cap room for Weddle?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you think finding a good-elite NFL QB is as easy as a woman finding a husband that doesn't beat her?

so where are all these pro bowl QBs that will be available?

With that logic, the Packers would have dumped Rodgers after 2008 when they went 6-10 with him 1 year after going 13-3 with Favre. But their coaching and GM knew that it was not Rodgers who was losing them the games.
:facepalm:

Reactions: WCL

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Cutler is not an elite QB. Just stop it.

Yes, Cutler has played well this season, and I think Gase has done a great job of highlighting Cutler's strengths and hiding his weaknesses, but calling Cutler "good-elite" is just nuts.

Yeah, that's clearly what I said... No points for you (or Spartan) for reading comprehension. Please try again.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
With that logic, the Packers would have dumped Rodgers after 2008 when they went 6-10 with him 1 year after going 13-3 with Favre. But their coaching and GM knew that it was not Rodgers who was losing them the games.

Rodgers had a rating over 90, threw for over 4000 yards and had 28 TD's....

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rodgers had a rating over 90, threw for over 4000 yards and had 28 TD's....
And this is Cutler's current projections:

CMPATTYDSCMP%AVGTDINTFUMRAT
Projected2934733,29661.86.97189787.5
Meh.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
And this is Cutler's current projections:

CMPATTYDSCMP%AVGTDINTFUMRAT
Projected2934733,29661.86.97189787.5
Meh.

Extend him and give him unlimited blowjobs from despbro!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I admit Cutler is doing a nice job playing within the system and has delt with injuries all over his offense and himself.

That said...Jay has played in six games this season going for...

1442 yards with 8 TDs and 4 INTs

Brian Hoyer has played in six games this season for...

1581 yards 13 TDs and 3 INTs.

Brian.

Hoyer.

#perspective

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I admit Cutler is doing a nice job playing within the system and has delt with injuries all over his offense and himself.

That said...Jay has played in six games this season going for...

1442 yards with 8 TDs and 4 INTs

Brian Hoyer has played in six games this season for...

1581 yards 13 TDs and INTs.

Brian.

Hoyer.

#perspective
Josh McCown, 1897 yards 11 TDs 4 Ints 95.2 rating

#moreperspective

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
So you think finding a good-elite NFL QB is as easy as a woman finding a husband that doesn't beat her?

We don't have a good-elite NFL QB.

We have the most overpaid QB in the league. We are shelling out top 5 QB money for a mediocre performer.

It's staggering how some seem to have come to the conclusion that we wouldn't be able to replace Jay's contribution.

Bort

Liked Posts:
It's incredible how Bears fans seem to continuously be able to talk themselves back into Cutler each season.

Reminds me of a battered wife who won't leave her abusive husband since "she can't do better".

Cutler is not an elite QB. Just stop it.

Yes, Cutler has played well this season, and I think Gase has done a great job of highlighting Cutler's strengths and hiding his weaknesses, but calling Cutler "good-elite" is just nuts.

Yeah, that's clearly what I said... No points for you (or Spartan) for reading comprehension. Please try again.

I feel like I'm trying to have a conversation with an 8-year-old.

In the above exchange, you clearly implied that you believe that it would take a "good-elite NFL QB" to replace Cutler. Any rational person would therefore deduce that you must think Cutler is a "good-elite NFL QB."

You have now inexplicably proceeded to accuse people who made that deduction of not understanding what you said.

mecha

Liked Posts:
so you've resorted to comparing Jay Cutler 2015 to Aaron Rodgers 2008. let's talk about that shall we? the Packers were a very good team in 2007, Favre himself threw 28 TDs and 4155 yards. they're a small town team that's taken their football product very seriously. compared to the clown car that's the Bears, that never really had an identity on offense, was always a patchwork receiving corp., and was supposed to be old school ground and pound with the likes of Thomas Jones and then the epic failure that's Cedric Benson, how can you even compare the two teams?

Alshon Jeffery has been in the league 3 years and he's been through 3 offenses already. Jay Cutler, obviously even more. there never was any continuity or giving a shit about offense until maybe when Trestman came in 2013. they had some pretty good offensive production before the league had to re-figure him out. now look back at the McCarthy Packers. here's the shitshow that's the Bears. here's the standard of the league, hailing from shithole Green Bay, Wisconsin.

when you knucklefucks can identify the difference, look me up. the Packers were engineered to be an offensive powerhouse. the Bears, well, maybe they're just figuring out how to look like an NFL offense. Cutler's stats aren't there because unlike Aaron Rodgers who didn't have a RB until 2013 (and even that's probably subjective), Cutler doesn't have to throw the ball 50 times a game. he did once if you recall, when he didn't have such a thing with the Broncos, and he put up 4500 yards.

I don't know why anyone would find ways to complain about a balanced offense, but clearly there's some people that can't get over their anti-Cutler complexes.

this is not a defense of Jay Cutler post, this is pointing out that you can't compare the Packers and Bears. like comparing Cutler to other elite quarterbacks, the scenario in which the Bears have lived through the past 10 years is pathetic. that's the kind of team that could ruin Drew Brees or Tom Brady. and you're all whining about Cutler not being elite. wake up already.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I don't get some of you haters. Cutler has been playing nicely...why can't you just support the guy???? I know you don't believe he is "the guy" but hell he's playing good football and giving us a chance to win every Sunday...that makes for an entertaining Sunday at the least, no? Or would you rather have Clausen or some bum off the street in there torturing us every Sunday??? Keep Cutler and draft the next franchise QB and work him in...you can do both you know....smh.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't get some of you haters. Cutler has been playing nicely...why can't you just support the guy???? I know you don't believe he is "the guy" but hell he's playing good football and giving us a chance to win every Sunday...that makes for an entertaining Sunday at the least, no? Or would you rather have Clausen or some bum off the street in there torturing us every Sunday??? Keep Cutler and draft the next franchise QB and work him in...you can do both you know....smh.

Cutler's doing virtually the opposite of what everyone was complaining about 3 months ago and he's still a piece of garbage.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
so you've resorted to comparing Jay Cutler 2015 to Aaron Rodgers 2008.

That was about the worst rebutal to one of my posts you could have

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Josh McCown, 1897 yards 11 TDs 4 Ints 95.2 rating

#moreperspective
After breaking his shoulder six times in the last three weeks, but I have already seen Josh outplay Jay...I thought he could at least outplay Hoyer.

Yet Jay is "playing the best ball of his life" right now.

Mmmkay.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
We don't have a good-elite NFL QB.

We have the most overpaid QB in the league. We are shelling out top 5 QB money for a mediocre performer.

It's staggering how some seem to have come to the conclusion that we wouldn't be able to replace Jay's contribution.

I feel like I'm trying to have a conversation with an 8-year-old.

In the above exchange, you clearly implied that you believe that it would take a "good-elite NFL QB" to replace Cutler. Any rational person would therefore deduce that you must think Cutler is a "good-elite NFL QB."

You have now inexplicably proceeded to accuse people who made that deduction of not understanding what you said.

So let me get this right. I respond to a comment about someone likening a woman not wanting to upgrade her husband to one that doesn't beat her. And somehow you bozos think that means my comment meant not wanting to upgrade our good-elite QB for a good-elite QB? Talk about 8-year-old reading comprehension :clap:

In other words. If we are talking upgrades, and I mention the ending product being good-elite. How do you two dolts come to the conclusion that I thought the beginning product was good-elite? I mean seriously...

Let me go slooooower for you two. If we are going to change QBs, I want it to be an upgrade, not a lateral movement. It's stupid to just dump a QB just for the sake of dumping a QB.

Let me know if I need to break this down further for you two. Maybe next time I can draw pictures.