CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Anyone know what happened to the eastcoastsportsnews website? It usually had some good info and mock draft info every year.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
P.J. Williams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-prospect-pj-williams-arrested-on-dui-charge

Florida State cornerback P.J. Williams, one of the most highly-regarded prospects at his position for the 2015 NFL Draft, has been arrested on a DUI charge.

According to NFL Media's Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport, who cited the Leon County (Fla.) jail, Williams was arrested at 3:08 a.m. Friday. The FSU campus in Tallahassee, Fla., is in Leon County.

It's not the first time Williams has been involved in a traffic stop that could be cause for alarm for NFL clubs considering him with a high draft choice. He was also cited with tickets after a traffic accident in November, although the case has drawn far more attention from NFL teams than a typical accident would. The New York Times wrote a scathing investigative report on the case, suggesting that police should have charged Williams with hit-and-run because he fled the scene of an accident on foot.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
P.J. Williams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-prospect-pj-williams-arrested-on-dui-charge

Florida State cornerback P.J. Williams, one of the most highly-regarded prospects at his position for the 2015 NFL Draft, has been arrested on a DUI charge.

According to NFL Media's Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport, who cited the Leon County (Fla.) jail, Williams was arrested at 3:08 a.m. Friday. The FSU campus in Tallahassee, Fla., is in Leon County.

It's not the first time Williams has been involved in a traffic stop that could be cause for alarm for NFL clubs considering him with a high draft choice. He was also cited with tickets after a traffic accident in November, although the case has drawn far more attention from NFL teams than a typical accident would. The New York Times wrote a scathing investigative report on the case, suggesting that police should have charged Williams with hit-and-run because he fled the scene of an accident on foot.

Running from the scene ouch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Williams still goes rd 2.

He will fall a bit, but this is not a pattern of behaviour, and most importantly he can play man coverage.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Yeah, I don't see Williams falling out of the 2nd round even with this incident.

Just like I don't see Gregory making it out of the first even with his failed drug test.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't see Williams falling out of the 2nd round even with this incident.

Just like I don't see Gregory making it out of the first even with his failed drug test.

Gregory was being projected top 10 top top 13 now its funny.

But realisticaly it wont hurt Williams stock much.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Can you summarize?

Its the south carolina game. I'm only 1/3 through it but they are raving about his crazy get off that's happening consistently so far and critiquing his technique. So far the vibe I'm getting is that his fundamental problems are easily correctable with good coaching. There's been a few snaps where he's two steps up field while the rest of the front is still in their stance. I'll try and do a better summary later on.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Alright Fatbeard. I'd highly recommend watching it if you have time over the weekend because there is some good talking points and references of other players.

In Summary. His first step is very good. His 2nd and 3rd are basically out of this world which would explain the crazy vert and long jump at the combine.

He consistently beats both the RT and LT and in some cases, badly. His problem seems to be that he doesn't reduce his shoulder enough after beating the Tackle allowing him to recover and push him past the pocket.

He needs to do a better job of flattening and getting his toes pointed at the QB once he has his man beat. Ankle flexibility comes into play here.

Because of his deadly speed when rushing outside he should be able to form a very good inside counter based off of that.

He also needs to do a better job with wrap up tackling.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Alright Fatbeard. I'd highly recommend watching it if you have time over the weekend because there is some good talking points and references of other players.

In Summary. His first step is very good. His 2nd and 3rd are basically out of this world which would explain the crazy vert and long jump at the combine.

He consistently beats both the RT and LT and in some cases, badly. His problem seems to be that he doesn't reduce his shoulder enough after beating the Tackle allowing him to recover and push him past the pocket.

He needs to do a better job of flattening and getting his toes pointed at the QB once he has his man beat. Ankle flexibility comes into play here.

Because of his deadly speed when rushing outside he should be able to form a very good inside counter based off of that.

Still hate the way these guys evaluate. They look at one freaking game.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
P.J. Williams

OK, PJ, let's go over this again. As your agent, I am trying to explain.

The fine was $2,500. The court costs were $500. The classes were $500. And the Attorneys' fees were $3,000.....so what did this DUI cost you?

MILLIONS!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
lucky for him the Tallahassee pd loves fsu football.

Good point. For an FSU player to get arrested by Tallahassee police, he must have driven through an elementary school or something.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Still hate the way these guys evaluate. They look at one freaking game.

Actually, they watch several and reference tendencies, traits and intangibles based off of a lager sample throughout breaking down the one game that gets uploaded for fans.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

I won't get a chance to watch it this weekend but I'm skeptical that Dupree just needs to coaching/technique work in order to start finding the QB consistently. I mean, which scenario is more likely:

1) Bud Dupree went to a major college program for four years and never learned how to dip his shoulder in order to turn the corner

or

2) He has some inherent athletic limitations that simply prevent him from doing so

I'm going with door #2, and Dupree's testing from his Pro Day corroborates that as well. His very good straight-line speed is negated when it comes to rushing the passer because of a somewhat sluggish change of direction ability (7.45). Dante Fowler suffers from the same affliction.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
The draft just needs to get here already, shit takes to long now.
im ready to start complaining or telling you *******, "I told you so"