Prospect Buzz

AussieBear

Out of the top 14 edge players who had double digit sacks and available times, 13 had three-cone times better than 7.4. I know sacks aren’t everything, so I took a look at Pro Football Focus’ Pass Rush Productivity for both 4-3 defensive ends and 3-4 outside linebackers and 22 of the 26 players performed better in that one drill. Many of the best rushers like Clay Matthews and Von Miller even broke seven seconds. This is a drill the NFL seems to pay attention to.

Read more at http://cover32.com/bears/2015/03/27...shers-in-the-first-round/#Kc40kvdPcxh7Vsf3.99

is that your site?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Correlation does not equal causation.

Absolutley, but it is a strong predictor.

I wouldn't write off any player just because of his 3 come time, but it is part of the evaluation.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
do you have one or a blog.. or do you just write for ccs

I don't have a site or a blog. I have a kid, not time for blogging I do all my mocks at work.

I just write a little here.

AussieBear

I don't have a site or a blog. I have a kid, not time for blogging I do all my mocks at work.

if your familiar with wordpress you can have a decent site up in a few hours, its pretty simple.. just saying.. you seem to like to mock, study and write about football.. maybe you can squeeze out a few cents with adsense while you do it.. just an idea

AussieBear

if your familiar with wordpress you can have a decent site up in a few hours, its pretty simple.. just saying.. you seem to like to mock, study and write about football.. maybe you can squeeze out a few cents with adsense while you do it.. just an idea

theme templates and plugins.. thats all you need to know with wordpress basically... if you have zero html/css etc skills that is

AussieBear

theme templates and plugins.. thats all you need to know with wordpress basically... if you have zero html/css etc skills that is

add a domain name and cheap hosting on godaddy and youre up and running on the cheap..

AussieBear

No.

But feel free to check the numbers.

JJ Watts 3 cone time will terrify you.

ive already stated im not liking the top pass rushers for the most part days ago the more i looked at them.. i like beasely in terms of his arch rushing ability and closing speed, but.. i also like fowler for his overall game but not as a pure pass rusher.. he may develop more into a power rusher with time. after them nada..

if gregory falls to the second id like the bears to trade up to 33 to snag him.. i like waynes but he still needs some polishing so im a lil iffy at 7, shelton is a poor mans poe and isnt worth 7 to me... perhaps a little further back...thats what led me to gurley at 7 even with his acl.. very huge upside, but a huge risk too.. i like bluechips regardless of position..

i wouldnt mind a trade down for once either.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Out of the top 14 edge players who had double digit sacks and available times, 13 had three-cone times better than 7.4. I know sacks aren’t everything, so I took a look at Pro Football Focus’ Pass Rush Productivity for both 4-3 defensive ends and 3-4 outside linebackers and 22 of the 26 players performed better in that one drill. Many of the best rushers like Clay Matthews and Von Miller even broke seven seconds. This is a drill the NFL seems to pay attention to.

Read more at http://cover32.com/bears/2015/03/27...shers-in-the-first-round/#Kc40kvdPcxh7Vsf3.99

Can't argue with anything there. But there are other factors. And all the other factors are in Dupree's favor enough to forgive a 0.06 over the elite edge rusher threshold.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...her-bud-dupree-has-rare-talent-but-raw-skills

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
His combine is the best in the history of the event. All signs pointed to this career in hindsight.

And tons of guys with mediocre combines have been All-Pros.

Nothing in a combine points to the kind of player Watt would be. He is going to go down as one of the best defensive players the NFL has ever had. If that information was readily available from combine results he would've been the #1 pick.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Nothing in a combine points to the kind of player Watt would be. He is going to go down as one of the best defensive players the NFL has ever had. If that information was readily available from combine results he would've been the #1 pick.

Yeah it did. It pointed to the fact that he was an absolute freak of an athlete with rare movement skills and strength for a guy his size. His college tape showed he knew how to put all of that to great use. And you can't fault the league for not taking him until the 11th pick. 8 of the 10 guys ahead of him have been probowlers. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Von Miller, Marcell Dareus, Tyron Smith, etc. That was a great draft. And the 2 players that aren't studs drafted ahead of him are QBs (Locker and Gabbert), and teams reach for QBs all the time.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Welcome to draft analysis, an echo chamber of bad reasoning and post hoc fallacies.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
Oh great another fan that wants to pat himself on the back if he GUESSES right on a player. lol

I was making a joke.
I don't think any body has a clue what to expect this draft.
we could draft pretty much every position - a kicker. and I wouldn't be shocked if we traded up or down.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah it did. It pointed to the fact that he was an absolute freak of an athlete with rare movement skills and strength for a guy his size. His college tape showed he knew how to put all of that to great use. And you can't fault the league for not taking him until the 11th pick. 8 of the 10 guys ahead of him have been probowlers. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Von Miller, Marcell Dareus, Tyron Smith, etc. That was a great draft. And the 2 players that aren't studs drafted ahead of him are QBs (Locker and Gabbert), and teams reach for QBs all the time.

How many combine freaks have failed? Drafting isn't easy because these players aren't even physically mature in some cases. I prefer footage, but it really involves everything. I think there will be a contributor at 7 - Cooper, White or Fowler. Really deep at OLB, but I like Fowler's character, potential and versatility. All three might be gone. It's a deep draft outside of QB.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I know exactly whats going to happen at the draft