Prospect Buzz

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a Bear is gonna figure out how to use a fog machine?

Smokey is stoned off his ass is more like it.

Smokey_The_Bear_by_IamDerek.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The combine is one piece of a very complex puzzle.

Watt is an athletic freak the likes of which have been rarely seen.

But by all accounts the guy has incredible work ethic and a motor that does not quit. Those things won't come out of a 3 cone time.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is part of the reason I think that Danny Shelton will survive a mediocre combine and still go high.

Show me a 370lbs man who chases down more sweeps and screens, who plays more continuous snaps, who works harder.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
How many combine freaks have failed? Drafting isn't easy because these players aren't even physically mature in some cases. I prefer footage, but it really involves everything. I think there will be a contributor at 7 - Cooper, White or Fowler. Really deep at OLB, but I like Fowler's character, potential and versatility. All three might be gone. It's a deep draft outside of QB.
How many combine freaks showed it on the field in college and still failed?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The combine gets added in with everything else.

The interviews are just as important. I am sure JJ Watt's combine interviews left coaches with erections.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How many combine freaks showed it on the field in college and still failed?

Not arguing with you, I'm just making the point that Watt isn't the norm. There will be choices at 7 and if we're lucky maybe we can give up some spots and still get someone we like in the first. As much as I like some of these players, NT and DB are still a big need. I would have a hard time passing on a couple of guys if they're there.

Go Wisconsin - they probably have the only shot at beating Kentucky, because they do have some size.

As far as your question - quite a few.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And tons of guys with mediocre combines have been All-Pros.

Nothing in a combine points to the kind of player Watt would be. He is going to go down as one of the best defensive players the NFL has ever had. If that information was readily available from combine results he would've been the #1 pick.

Correlation does not negate causation.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is part of the reason I think that Danny Shelton will survive a mediocre combine and still go high.

Show me a 370lbs man who chases down more sweeps and screens, who plays more continuous snaps, who works harder.

The combine does not tell you what kind of player they will be in the NFL.

AussieBear

Lions to meet with Todd Gurley

Georgia running back Todd Gurley is one of the more intriguing prospects in this year’s draft because of the game breaking talent he displayed in college and the torn ACL he suffered last year.

That injury is obviously a concern for teams that might be thinking about investing a high draft pick on Gurley and he gave some reasons to think that he’ll be ready to go for next season during a Wednesday appearance with Alex Marvez and Gil Brandt on Sirius XM NFL Radio. Gurley said that everything is on schedule in his rehab and that he’s progressing ahead of his medical recheck in Indianapolis later this month.

“I’m feeling pretty good, the recovery’s going pretty good,” Gurley said. “I’ve been starting to run and do like backpedaling and stuff like that. It’s been going pretty good, it’s going smoothly.”

Gurley wouldn’t give a total list of the teams he’s visited with during the pre-draft process, specifically mentioning only previously reported visits with the Lions and Panthers

continue story here

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
David Irving - DL - Cyclones
Dismissed Iowa State DL David Irving will visit the Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders and Seattle Seahawks
The report comes from the Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson, who adds that Irving has already worked out for the Chicago Bears, Chiefs, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Raiders and Seahawks. Irving has a 4.84 second forty, a 38-inch vertical leap, a 10-8 broad jump, a 4.53 short shuttle and a 7.27 three-cone drill. The 6-foot-7, 273-pounder was dismissed last year after getting charged with fifth-degree theft, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief.
Source: National Football Post Apr 5 - 9:36 PM

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I've read your posts and you clearly do not know what will happen in the draft.
yes I do the draft is going to start on Thursday april 30th 7pm [video=youtube;tcGQpjCztgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tcGQpjCztgA[/video]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@PFTonNBCSN: .@JoshNorris says he could see #Oregon DL prospect @arikarmstead going as high as #7 to the #Bears in the NFL Draft

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
@PFTonNBCSN: .@JoshNorris says he could see #Oregon DL prospect @arikarmstead going as high as #7 to the #Bears in the NFL Draft

armstead is the kind of guy NFL teams tend to value more then draftniks. his upside is substantial. i could see him being on the bears radar. i see some bust potential, but he has unteachable traits and would be in a great situation here with fangio.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
armstead is the kind of guy NFL teams tend to value more then draftniks. his upside is substantial. i could see him being on the bears radar. i see some bust potential, but he has unteachable traits and would be in a great situation here with fangio.

His playoff games were really good.

I wonder how the inconsistency will factor in his evaluation.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
His playoff games were really good.

I wonder how the inconsistency will factor in his evaluation.

Armstead is a lot like Jordan Phillips. Incredible, unblockable flashes and long stretches of disappearing. Ra'Shede Hageman without the character concerns.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Armstead is a lot like Jordan Phillips. Incredible, unblockable flashes and long stretches of disappearing. Ra'Shede Hageman without the character concerns.

Very similar, but where would Hageman have gone if he was clean off the field?

As I remember Hageman played pretty well for the Falcons or at least they are high on him.