Prospect Buzz

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
If any of Beasley, Fowler, or Williams falls to our 7th pick, Ryan Pace needs to sprint to the podium. White, Cooper, and Gregory would be solid picks as well. Jameis Winston going number 1 overall guarantees that one of these 6 players will be there when we're picking.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 22m 22 minutes ago
Miami OT Ereck Flowers gave up 0 sacks in 2015, had just 2 holds, both vs Ark St., allowed just 3 pressures vs. top 25-ranked defenders

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 22m 22 minutes ago
Miami OT Ereck Flowers gave up 0 sacks in 2015, had just 2 holds, both vs Ark St., allowed just 3 pressures vs. top 25-ranked defenders

Dont want him at 7.

Would sprint to the podium at 39.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Dont want him at 7.

Would sprint to the podium at 39.

Definitely. I don't think any OL in this draft warrants a #7-pick, but getting Flowers in the 2nd would make me extremely happy. Won't happen, though.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Dante Fowler - DL - Gators

Florida edge rusher Dante Fowler said he would be "stunned" if the Jaguars don't take him No. 3.
"I'd be stunned, just because of the scheme that coach Gus (Bradley) has," Fowler said after his pro day Tuesday.
"I feel like as far as him being on the multiple side, 4-3 and the 3-4, I can set the edge and I can come off the edge standing up. I'll be surprised (if the Jaguars don't draft me), but that's how the draft goes. I'm just happy that I'm getting drafted and I'm getting drafted on the first day." Fowler is so confident that he's already talking about being the first prospect on the stage later this month (Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota won't attend the event). "I actually just got invited last weekend," Fowler said. "That would be great if Jameis and Marcus aren't there. I'll feel like I'm the first guy taken in the draft because I'm going to be on the stage first. Whatever pans out, I'm just happy to be there, to be in that environment. ... It's something special." Long assumed to be a heavy favorite to go No. 2, it now seems like
Source: NFL.com Apr 7 - 6"

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
"Dante Fowler - DL - Gators

Florida edge rusher Dante Fowler said he would be "stunned" if the Jaguars don't take him No. 3.
"I'd be stunned, just because of the scheme that coach Gus (Bradley) has," Fowler said after his pro day Tuesday.
"I feel like as far as him being on the multiple side, 4-3 and the 3-4, I can set the edge and I can come off the edge standing up. I'll be surprised (if the Jaguars don't draft me), but that's how the draft goes. I'm just happy that I'm getting drafted and I'm getting drafted on the first day." Fowler is so confident that he's already talking about being the first prospect on the stage later this month (Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota won't attend the event). "I actually just got invited last weekend," Fowler said. "That would be great if Jameis and Marcus aren't there. I'll feel like I'm the first guy taken in the draft because I'm going to be on the stage first. Whatever pans out, I'm just happy to be there, to be in that environment. ... It's something special." Long assumed to be a heavy favorite to go No. 2, it now seems like
Source: NFL.com Apr 7 - 6"

He sounds like a douche

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Definitely. I don't think any OL in this draft warrants a #7-pick, but getting Flowers in the 2nd would make me extremely happy. Won't happen, though.

If someone falls in love with Ogbuehi, he'll be there.

I mean he is the 5th highest rated OT with OGBUEHI on nfl.com's grades....not that those are necessarily any more or less important or accurate. I think Flowers can drop to us.

tied for 6th, if you feel Scherff projects as a T.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If someone falls in love with Ogbuehi, he'll be there.

I mean he is the 5th highest rated OT with OGBUEHI on nfl.com's grades....not that those are necessarily any more or less important or accurate. I think Flowers can drop to us.

tied for 6th, if you feel Scherff projects as a T.

Ogbuehi tore his ACL late in the year, he won't be able to work out for anyone before the draft. I wouldn't touch him til the 3rd, but big fan of his upside. He did struggle at LT this year and looked better at RT where he played with Jake Matthews on the roster the year before. I think he played guard when Joeckel was there too. Vines for arms. Elite athlete for an OT.

If teams consider Scherff and La'eL Collins as guards, Flowers is my top OT on the board (I have him #2 with Scherff at OG). I think Flowers is a top 25 pick, and may go as high as early teens.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yup, in the draft sims I did, I ended up taking him often in the 6th if I couldn't get the KSU kid in the 4th.

I really like that KSU kid.....but he might not last.

To me it is almost a foregone conclusion we go OT in the 2nd; I mean the drop off after that almost makes it mandatory for us unless we are really thinking Mills is the man of the future.

It's the third pick that'll really be interesting to see....CBs, ILBs, Possible a certain WR or 2 falling and getting snatched up.

Those 3rd/4th/5th picks will be quite interesting to me bc there are a lot of needs and is a lot of value at certain positions down in the draft **cough cough** CB CB CB FS FS FS **cough cough**

KState C is BJ Finney. Good kid. Comes from a good family. Met him and sat next to his family at the East/West Shrine game in January.

As for the "forgone conclusion", I think you could substitute CB, DL, or edge rusher (if none of these are picked at 7) for OT and say the same thing. I actually think the OT class is deeper than the other 2. CBS rankings has Cedric Ogbuehi as the 10th OT overall. Last year, the 10th OT went 100th overall. Ironically enough, that was Brandon Thomas.....also with a torn ACL like Ogbuehi. But that list of 10 also includes Zach Martin, Joe Bitonio, and Thomas...all of whom are NFL guards. And remember the Bears' 3rd round pick is basically late 2. They'll be a lot of players with 2nd round grades on the board still as teams reach for QBs or have other preferences.

Basically, I see this as the players available at 39 at 71.

OT- Fisher, Clemmings
DL- Carl Davis, Mario Edwards
CB- Jalen Collins, Darby, Jones

OT- Sambrailo, Ogbuehi
DL- Henry Anderson, Marcus Hardison
CB- Josh Shaw, Alex

I think OT has the lowest dropoff from round 2 to 3, if things go the way I expected.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lance Zierlien said today that Ogbeuhi is going in the 1st.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Lance Zierlien said today that Ogbeuhi is going in the 1st.

That's crazy to me. I didn't give his 2014 tape a 1st round grade. Throw in that and his ACL......I don't pick him til 3rd.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's crazy to me. I didn't give his 2014 tape a 1st round grade. Throw in that and his ACL......I don't pick him til 3rd.

He practically guaranteed it.

Hope the tackle talent falls.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
"With starter-level safeties Antrel Rolle and Ryan Mundy among the three back-line defenders on the Bears‘ roster, the team plans to address the position after the early rounds of the draft, writes Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times. Jahns mentioned Cody Prewitt (Ole Miss), Nick Perry (Alabama) and Northwestern’s Ibraheim Campbell as players the Bears have studied as possible fits"

http://www.profootballrumors.com/chicago-bears/

Love Cody Prewitt. I thought he was a 1st round talent going into the season. I don't know if he took it easy this year or if he was out of place playing so far away from the LOS at FS. But he was pretty mediocre this year. Not bad, but did allow a couple guys to get behind him when he had deep middle in the games that I saw (Coates was one, IIRC). If he could be had in the 3rd, I think he's a better NFL player than he was this year at Ole Miss.

Nick Perry is very interesting. I think he's a late pick, but he's a guy that could really be a guy that winds up being a steal. Didn't get a ton of exposure at Bama, though he was pretty highly recruited. Had to compete for PT with Clinton-Dix (1st round pick), Landon Collins (potential 1st rounder), and Vinnie Sunseri (Bama DC's son). But he's a solid player. Not special in any area, but fits to mold of a Goldson/Whitner type of safety in Fangio's system.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Uh, sorry, Oguebechi (sp?) will never drop to the third round, that's beyond impossible unless someone leaks something bad about his injury being career threatening or something. Guy isn't my cup of tea for the Bears, but has some of the best feet for a T in the class.

He probably goes in the 2nd somewhere....I hope before we pick, who knows....probably later.

CB versus T isn't even close when you can conceivably get guys like Golson, Grant and Ifo as 4th rounders....those are probably quality starters or in Golsen's case probably a very good 3rd CB/slot guy who can jump right in and play for you.

There simply won't be OT's like that left through the 4th round. Honestly, I don't think it's close at all, but then again I have my doubts about the OU OLman and see a huge fall off after Donovan Smith at T, and yes, Lael is CLEARLY a RT prospect at this point, or he wouldn't be pursued so hotly. I actually see him as pretty much a close to protoypical RT prospect allowing for him being maybe an inch less than ideal in height. He's too athletic imho to waist inside IF he can make it outside. Can he move inside, sure, but as of right now he is being looked at as a RT.

Guys like Fisher Havenstein have OBVIOUS shortcomings, so I don't even really group them with the top tier OTs. I mean Fisher has a lot of perceived value bc he MIGHT be able to become a LT one day, but right now he is going to move no one off the line at all in the run game. Havenstein isn't really an NFL athlete.

Peat, Andrus OT 6'7" 313 Stanfor
Humphries, D.J. OT 6'5" 307 Florida
Collins, La'el OT 6'4" 305 LSU
Clemmings, T.J. OT 6'5" 309 Pittsburgh
Flowers, Ereck OT 6'6" 329 Miami
Ogbuehi, Cedric OT

Those are your first tier OT's along with Scherff, if you're calling him a RT.

Passed that it's a big drop off to me.....I guess you could argue Fisher belongs, but no one else really makes me think they can step right in and play T for the Bears next yr if chosen here. Doesn't mean it's impossible, but these guys are certainly a cut above.