Prospect Buzz

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bears are running a zone scheme. They don't need a guy to move people off the line. Eric Winston was never a push guy and was the RT for one of the best run games in the league in Houston for years.

I don't think Clemmings is top tier because hes raw and mostly terrible technique wise. I also don't like Peat. But I do get both have great upside.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/cfb/nfl-draft-player-news

Andre Debose

Per CBS Sports' Dane Brugler, Florida WR Andre Debose ran the 40-yard dash at his pro day in the high 4.3s.
Debose, a former five-star recruit who leaves school as Florida's all-time leader in kick return touchdowns (four), has "NFL potential as a return man," according to Brugler. TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline even suggested back in October that Debose "could be looked at like a guy like Devin Hester when he came out of Miami." The prospect is hoping that skill will earn him a Day 3 call. "His career didn't quite go as planned due to injuries, but his speed will give him a shot to earn a role at the next level," Brugler wrote.

Dante Fowler

Florida edge rusher Dante Fowler said he would be "stunned" if the Jaguars don't take him No. 3.
"I'd be stunned, just because of the scheme that coach Gus (Bradley) has," Fowler said after his pro day Tuesday. "I feel like as far as him being on the multiple side, 4-3 and the 3-4, I can set the edge and I can come off the edge standing up. I'll be surprised (if the Jaguars don't draft me), but that's how the draft goes. I'm just happy that I'm getting drafted and I'm getting drafted on the first day." Fowler is so confident that he's already talking about being the first prospect on the stage later this month (Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota won't attend the event). "I actually just got invited last weekend," Fowler said. "That would be great if Jameis and Marcus aren't there. I'll feel like I'm the first guy taken in the draft because I'm going to be on the stage first. Whatever pans out, I'm just happy to be there, to be in that environment. ... It's something special." Long assumed to be a heavy favorite to go No. 2, it now seems like

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears are running a zone scheme. They don't need a guy to move people off the line. Eric Winston was never a push guy and was the RT for one of the best run games in the league in Houston for years.

I don't think Clemmings is top tier because hes raw and mostly terrible technique wise. I also don't like Peat. But I do get both have great upside.

Fisher
Ogubehi
Clemmings

Seem to be the most likely OTs to drop to 39 that have LT potential. In a deep tackle class I think that at least one of those guys if not 2 should fall. The Bears may get priced in on OT at 39.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind a sixth round pick on Debose. Awesome return guy.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Fisher
Ogubehi
Clemmings

Seem to be the most likely OTs to drop to 39 that have LT potential. In a deep tackle class I think that at least one of those guys if not 2 should fall. The Bears may get priced in on OT at 39.

Humphries, too.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 17s17 seconds ago
Former #UVA OLB/DE Eli Harold has had visits and/or worked out for 14 (!!) teams, including the #Steelers, #Bears, #Jags, #Saints and #Jets.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

I actually don't disagree with a lot of this, but I was speaking of them generally as prospects and Fisher has that shortcoming....

I really don't love Clemmings either, but it seems he is graded highly in most places, so I couldn't ignore that.

I don't necessarily agree on Peat though....good feet, great length, huge lower body....good explosion numbers and long wingspan.....also only 21 at the beginning of next season. He ticks a lot of boxes as a bottom half of the 1st round pick.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The Bears seem to be showing a lot of interest is prospects projected to go 15-32. There is always "1st" round players that fall to the 2nd too and this could be why.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The Bears seem to be showing a lot of interest is prospects projected to go 15-32. There is always "1st" round players that fall to the 2nd too and this could be why.
I've noticed that too. I think they have a trade down option. Only guys they've been tired to that wouldn't be a reach at 7 are Cooper, Beasley and Fowler. Other than that we've heard Waynes, Dupree, Shelton, Ray, OTs, etc. Not all would be huge reaches, but I would look for them to stay at 7 or trade down no lower than 15.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I actually don't disagree with a lot of this, but I was speaking of them generally as prospects and Fisher has that shortcoming....

I really don't love Clemmings either, but it seems he is graded highly in most places, so I couldn't ignore that.

I don't necessarily agree on Peat though....good feet, great length, huge lower body....good explosion numbers and long wingspan.....also only 21 at the beginning of next season. He ticks a lot of boxes as a bottom half of the 1st round pick.

Peat gotta get those big ass legs out of the ground though. Orchard beat him pretty bad. And admittedly im stuck on that take for Peat.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"NFL Media's Mike Mayock has moved Marcus Mariota ahead of Jameis Winston on his QB rankings.
The reason for the move will not be "announced" until later. Mayock is one of the first in "big" draft coverage to list Mariota ahead of Winston. Rotoworld's Josh Norris has listed Mariota as the top quarterback in this class since his first list, with Winston second. The two are also Norris' top two prospects in this draft.
Source: Andy Fenelon on Twitter Apr 8 - 12:40 PM"

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Louisville WR DeVante Parker is visiting the Vikings on Wednesday, according to Ian Rapoport.
Parker already visited the Jaguars and Dolphins, and is scheduled to travel to see the Jets, Titans and Bears along with others, per Rapoport. Parker missed a large portion of the season due to a broken foot but picked up right where he left off in 2013 with Teddy Bridgewater. Parker floats in the air and consistently wins contested catches and is still learning how to consistently separate on the ground.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Apr 8 - 11:32"

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"Louisville WR DeVante Parker is visiting the Vikings on Wednesday, according to Ian Rapoport.
Parker already visited the Jaguars and Dolphins, and is scheduled to travel to see the Jets, Titans and Bears along with others, per Rapoport. Parker missed a large portion of the season due to a broken foot but picked up right where he left off in 2013 with Teddy Bridgewater. Parker floats in the air and consistently wins contested catches and is still learning how to consistently separate on the ground.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Apr 8 - 11:32"

Cooper
White
Parker

All these guys are really good.

Parker after a trade down might be the best value.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Cooper
White
Parker

All these guys are really good.

Parker after a trade down might be the best value.

I'm not sure how far they could trade back. I think he would be in play as early as 10 or 11.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Aaron Leming @AaronLemingNFL · 19h 19 hours ago
Much like DT last yr, there is a lot of mid 1st round & 2nd round talent out there at OT. At 39, there is bound to be a day 1 starter #Bears"

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Sharon Katz and John Parolin of ESPN Stats & Information wrote that Alabama WR Amari Cooper is most similar to Odell Beckham Jr. in the 2014 class.
Despite missing four games to injury, Beckham Jr. led rookie wideouts last season in receptions (91), yards (1,305) and was co-leader in touchdown receptions (12). Cooper, on the other hand, had an SEC-record 124 receptions in 2014, 84 more catches than any other Tide player. "He excelled on downfield passes (ranking second in the FBS on receptions of 20 yards or more) and after the catch (third in yards after the catch)," observed Katz and Parolin. "Similar to Beckham Jr., Cooper has the versatility to beat teams in a variety of ways."
Source: ESPN.com Apr 8 - 1:04 PM"

If that is the case, please pick him at 7!